Windows 10: Windows Security not accepting my password and comes back every 2 minutes

Discus and support Windows Security not accepting my password and comes back every 2 minutes in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm on a Windows 10 Home Machine, version 1803, and Trying to Get my Outlook Credentials accepted so I can read Work Mail. - I'm typing in my correct... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by prince1099KS, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Windows Security not accepting my password and comes back every 2 minutes

I'm on a Windows 10 Home Machine, version 1803, and Trying to Get my Outlook Credentials accepted so I can read Work Mail.

-

I'm typing in my correct password, and the Windows Security popup Windows accepts it and goes away. But then, It comes back every 2-3 Minutes and asks for my Credentials again. This process repeats for every 2-3 Minutes...

-

No error messages, no indication whats wrong, Seems like my credentials just don't sync up somewhere

Anzbod have any Ideas, on how to troubleshoot Windows Security directly and see why its not sticking?

:)

prince1099KS, Jul 12, 2019
  2. larc919 Win User

Safe Mode won't accept correct password

I'm trying to run a third party software (AVG Internet Security) cleanup file that recommends Safe Mode. Yet, when I get to the Safe Mode lock screen, it won't accept my password (note that I am entering the password, not the PIN - it's the same password that gets me into my Microsoft account). Any suggestions what I should try? I'm hesitant to run the cleanup file in full Windows since it's not recommended.

larc919, Jul 12, 2019
  3. My windows password won't be accepted.

Hello,

We appreciate your persistent patience on this issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to create a new user account.

Step 1: I suggest you to boot the device to Safe mode with networking from lock screen.

Refer to: From the sign-in screen

Step 2: Once you are in Safe mode, I recommend you to add another user account.

Follow the below steps to create new user account from Safe mode:

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt
    • Type the following command and hit Enter:
    • net user <new user name> <password> /add" (substituting the desired username for "new user name" and the desired password for "password" example: "net user newuser 12345 /add"
      (Check for the spaces)
    • Close the command prompt and restart the computer to check if you are able to see the new user account.

Let us know if the above recommendation is helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 12, 2019
  4. Namslas90 Win User

Windows Security not accepting my password and comes back every 2 minutes

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows Security not accepting my password and comes back every 2 minutes

1. Windows Security not accepting my password and comes back every 2 minutes - Similar Threads - Security accepting password

2. my internet adapter keeps disapearing every few minutes and wont come back until i update...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my internet adapter keeps disapearing every few minutes and wont come back until i update...: Hi,I tried downloading the most latest network adapter from the Intel website and it has downloaded, but when i try to put it to use it says there is no intel connections on my laptop when the network adapters i use are intel. How can i fix this?...
  3. Windows 11 - Crashing Every 2 Minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Crashing Every 2 Minutes: My Windows 11 Computer keeps on crashing about every 2 minutes ever since my child has overheated it by playing games. If you know how to help me fix this issue, that would be excellent!...
  4. Windows 11 - Crashing Every 2 Minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Crashing Every 2 Minutes: My Windows 11 Computer keeps on crashing about every 2 minutes ever since my child has overheated it by playing games. If you know how to help me fix this issue, that would be excellent!...
  5. Explorer restarts every 2-3 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer restarts every 2-3 minutes: Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.22000.527, time stamp: 0x59dc9944Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.22000.1, time stamp: 0x00e78ce9Exception code: 0xc0000409Fault offset: 0x000000000007dd7eFaulting process id: 0x2648Faulting application...
  6. Explorer restarts every 2-3 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer restarts every 2-3 minutes: Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.22000.527, time stamp: 0x59dc9944Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.22000.1, time stamp: 0x00e78ce9Exception code: 0xc0000409Fault offset: 0x000000000007dd7eFaulting process id: 0x2648Faulting application...
  7. Windows security password request - it will not accept my password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows security password request - it will not accept my password: How do I findout my password or set up a new one Mike https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-password-request-it-will-not/0f40a3c3-0fdc-4ac1-a179-e48e4869f388"
  8. Windows 10 sound keeps cutting out and comes back every 2 seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 sound keeps cutting out and comes back every 2 seconds: this happened all of a sudden,I've tried updating my drivers but it didn't work,how do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-sound-keeps-cutting-out-and-comes-back/122c143e-926d-4600-be15-a540ab741d31
  9. security Dialog pops up every 1-2 minutes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    security Dialog pops up every 1-2 minutes: I get a pop-up dialog that says "You must make your PC more secure to connect to this server..." There is an OK and Cancel button. I click the OK button, but it doesn't seem to do anything cause it pops up again very soon after. 6435
  10. Automatic Restart Every 2 Minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic Restart Every 2 Minutes: Hi All, About 5 days ago I received a BSOD but I cannot remember what it was for (It may have been a Power State Failure). I would get the BSOD and then the computer would restart. I uninstalled the latest Microsoft Update (I believe it was a Security update). BSOD...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows security password not accepting