Windows 10: Windows security not executing actions.

Discus and support Windows security not executing actions. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So i have some seemingly non invasive just unwanted apps or programs on my PC. Ok fine so i click on the start actions button on the security window... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sacague, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Windows security not executing actions.

So i have some seemingly non invasive just unwanted apps or programs on my PC. Ok fine so i click on the start actions button on the security window and it just does nothing and they remain there. So i go in and manually delete all the files that windows deems unwanted and re scan. They still show up and the action button still does nothing. Did an offline scan, nothing. Some of these threats are even on drives that I don't even have on my PC, for example I don't have "x" drive on my PC whatsoever but the security says that there is a file in "x" drive which doesn't exist. What do I need to do to make these "threats" disappear from my security window? If i got into protection history and try to execute the actions manually as well, the status comes back as failed.

submitted by /u/Sacague
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sacague, Dec 5, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Disable Action Center in Windows 7?

Unfortunately that doesn't disable Action Center, all it does it cause Acution Center to bitch about the Security Center service not running.

Action Center seems to be a different beast from Security Center...

And telling it to not display any messages gets it out of the way, the same way disabling the icon in the suggestions above does, but Action Center is still enabled and running.

newtekie1, Dec 5, 2020
  3. G.Paz Win User
    Help Removing Action Center.

Hello Sue

Thank you for participating in the Microsoft Community, my name is , I am an Independent Advisor.

In addition to the steps executed by regedit, I suggest you disable this feature from the System settings:

In the System window, click the “Notifications & actions”

On the right, click the “Turn system icons on or off” link.

Scroll down to the bottom of the list of icons you can turn on or off, and click the button to disable Action Center.

Then, executed a Windows update and restart you machine.

Let me know if the issue still continuous.

Good luck on this process!!

G.Paz, Dec 5, 2020
  4. Solaris17 Win User

Windows security not executing actions.

Disable Action Center in Windows 7?

thats why you uncheck all of the boxes all i think action center is is a warning about various other aspects of the pc. so just uncheck everything and it wont complain about jack or show the icon its worked on countless 7 formats with me. though i do agree security center is diffirent i wasnt entirely implying that it was the same more like security center in itself is also an unneeded program

granted but unchecking what it monitors surely is a way to lighten the load? id imagine anyway seeing as your telling it not to actuively check those programs

Solaris17, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows security not executing actions.

1. Windows security not executing actions. - Similar Threads - security executing actions

2. Windows security action not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows security action not working: My Windows security actions are not working. When I choose Quarantine, Removie...nothing is happening. What to do?. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-action-not-working/3750aa4e-ea3d-41ee-838e-7e23a05d862e
  3. Windows security action not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows security action not working: My Windows security actions are not working. When I choose Quarantine, Removie...nothing is happening. What to do?. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-action-not-working/3750aa4e-ea3d-41ee-838e-7e23a05d862e
  4. Ask for username and password to execute adminitrative actions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ask for username and password to execute adminitrative actions: How can I configure Windows 11 to ask for user and password when I execute an installation, configuration or any action that requires administrative rights when UAC is enabled?I have a Windows 11 Home edition with UAC as allways notify, and when I login with a Account that...
  5. Ask for username and password to execute adminitrative actions

Ask for username and password to execute adminitrative actions: How can I configure Windows 11 to ask for user and password when I execute an installation, configuration or any action that requires administrative rights when UAC is enabled?I have a Windows 11 Home edition with UAC as allways notify, and when I login with a Account that...
  6. Windows Security - Actions recommended

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security - Actions recommended: I have a new computer and just went through the set up. Windows 11. My shield icon in the bottom right has a yellow triangle w/ a !. When I hover over it, it says Windows Security - Actions recommended. I've been all over settings>windows security. I see nothing that needs...
  7. Windows Security Tray "Action Recommended" But Windows Security Say No Action Needed

Windows Security Tray "Action Recommended" But Windows Security Say No Action Needed: So I just noticed that there is a yellow error on the Windows Security Tray and it says "Action Recommended" but when I open the windows security app there is no action needed. I need help.Currently Using Windows 11 21H2 22000.856...
  8. Windows security says Action required BUT.......

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows security says Action required BUT.......: Hi,Windows Security says that action is required ! symbol on icon, and entering via the Icon it indicates App and Browser Control requires attention and shows the 'Review' button in the 'Reputation-based Protection' section..However when I click on the review button, it...
  9. Windows security says Action required BUT.......

Windows security says Action required BUT.......: Hi,Windows Security says that action is required ! symbol on icon, and entering via the Icon it indicates App and Browser Control requires attention and shows the 'Review' button in the 'Reputation-based Protection' section..However when I click on the review button, it...
  10. windows security-action recommended

windows security-action recommended: why does my windows security inform at least once or twice a week-action recommend. i respond by trying to do a short scan but the recommendation remain the same help...