Windows 10: Windows Security offline scan

Discus and support Windows Security offline scan in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How affective is the WS offline scan? Is there a better alternative?*Confused 146098 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by tinmar49, Dec 10, 2019.

1. tinmar49 Win User

Windows Security offline scan

How affective is the WS offline scan? Is there a better alternative?*Confused

:)

tinmar49, Dec 10, 2019
  2. Steve C Win User

Defender Periodic Scanning or Offline Scanning?

That link does suggest it's useful to use Defender offline scanning in addition to periodic scanning and a third party real time anti virus (e.g. Kaspersky).

Steve C, Dec 10, 2019
  3. Jorge Tan Win User
    offline scan by win defender

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern with Windows Defender, follow the steps below:

• Open the Run window by pressing Window + R button.
    • Then type services.msc and hit "Enter".
    • Look for Windows defender service in the list and right click on it and select start.
    • Once Windows defender is opened try to do the offline scan on that window.

Let us know how it goes.

Jorge Tan, Dec 10, 2019
  4. Windows Security offline scan

Windows 10 - Defender Offline Scan not working

FlorianKoczan, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows Security offline scan

1. Windows Security offline scan - Similar Threads - Security offline scan

2. Windows defender offline scan not scanning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender offline scan not scanning: The windows defender offline scan is not working. It just shows the blue screen after restarting and that box displaying windows defender offline and that's it. No scan progress is there everytime....
  3. Windows defender offline scan not scanning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender offline scan not scanning: Whenever I start the defender's offline scan, it will restart my computer then show the blue screen displaying windows offline scan but after this nothing will happen and it will restart again. It will not show any progress of scan. I tried to do it in safe mode but in that...
  4. Windows defender offline scan not scanning

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender offline scan not scanning: Whenever I start the defender's offline scan, it will restart my computer then show the blue screen displaying windows offline scan but after this nothing will happen and it will restart again. It will not show any progress of scan. I tried to do it in safe mode but in that...
  5. Offline scanning

Offline scanning: When I run the offline virus scan, that scan does not update the scanning history. Is this indicative of a problem or just a history design issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/offline-scanning/2c2cd4e6-4c38-4834-9c16-433388108a55
  6. Offline scanning

Offline scanning: When I run the offline virus scan, that scan does not update the scanning history. Is this indicative of a problem or just a history design issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/offline-scanning/2c2cd4e6-4c38-4834-9c16-433388108a55
  7. Windows Security not removing threats, offline scan not working

Windows Security not removing threats, offline scan not working: Today I got a security alert from my Internet provider notifying me of an IP reputation attack. Finding this suspicious, I immediately ran a full scan using Windows Defender and found a handful of exploits and a TrojanDropper have somehow gotten onto my device. Windows...
  8. offline scan

offline scan: I have Windows 1909 with Defender. When I run the offline scan, it disappears when done and I cannot fine the results. I looked in event viewer but I am not skilled enough to know where to go. One place seemed right but it was not intelligible to the average user. Could...
  9. offline scan

offline scan: Hi all. Is there anyone that can inform me on how to do a offline scan with w/dows10 defender. Before the update feature there was a do offline scan feature....
  10. OFFLINE SCANS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OFFLINE SCANS: how do I perform an offline scan and repair of external drive? I was instructed to perform the offline scan after receiving Event ID 26226 for the external 3.6TB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/offline-scans/261e27a1-c3de-4276-ac4f-b69ae20076b8

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how affective window defneder