Windows 10: Windows Security overheating my CPU

Discus and support Windows Security overheating my CPU in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I use Windows Defender as my main antivirus and this other program called SuperAntiSpyware (replacing Malwarebytes because too many pop-ups). Anyway, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FunkyKongFlameRunner, May 26, 2020.

1. Windows Security overheating my CPU

I use Windows Defender as my main antivirus and this other program called SuperAntiSpyware (replacing Malwarebytes because too many pop-ups). Anyway, I decided to do a full scan because my laptop has been heating up a lot while doing simple internet browsing or using Word. I left it running and came back to my computer about 30 minutes later and the underside of it was at least 100F. And the scan was eating up all my CPU. Even though Windows Security said I could do other tasks while it was scanning, I could barely open task manager. I have no idea why my laptop is doing this, can someone help?

submitted by /u/FunkyKongFlameRunner
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FunkyKongFlameRunner, May 26, 2020

2. Will this CPU be good for gaming/not overheating?

Hold on a bit...
    I cannot find case specs anywhere. I Googled "HP Pavilion p6300 series case specs" and it came up with product info, motherboard replacements, and Ebay listings. I clicked on the product info they had on HP's website, and that only told me how to change screen resolution and how much storage it has. I've pretty much hit a dead end here, and, uh... Yeah. That's it. I've hit a dead end here. If anyone would know just by some photos I took with my phone if this CPU would have some nice temperatures, that would be neat.

Windows Security overheating my CPU [​IMG]

And about these sideways pictures, well, that is just how badly Windows 10 and iOS 9.1 go together.

Qwertyfish01, May 26, 2020
  3. Overheating CPU

I am having the same problem with a I7 4770k gen4 cpu, 32gb corsair DDR3 ram, gtx670 graphics card, 250gb Samsung pro Solid State c:. Vented to the max. CPU fan seated correctly. Chased all kinds of drivers to fix a hang-up during boot and updated the
    bios in steps to catch up. Run the windows check so many times I am starting to lose my sense of humor. There are no memory board led codes now. The system is running back to what feels "normal. Reverted the bios settings to default. R7000 router firmware
    and the drivers for video cards... First of all, this did not happen with Windows 8.1 I have had a number of overheats. If I billed Microsoft for the time I have chasing this to get my system working and not putting thousands of dollars of hardware at risk
    I could buy a new system. I promise not to jump down anyone's throat as long as you don't suggest to run the windows check utility via shift+restart. I was told flat out that Windows does not have the proper drivers available for faster chips and this is
    a serious and known problem with windows10. The roll out keeps rolling.

Windows supporter..., May 26, 2020
  4. JaYp146 Win User

Windows Security overheating my CPU

[FS][US] CPU, NForce4 skt 754 motherboard (with PCI-express slot, rare!), DDR RAM

bump, CPU's stepping is now listed.

JaYp146, May 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows Security overheating my CPU

1. Windows Security overheating my CPU - Similar Threads - Security overheating CPU

2. CPU overheating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU overheating: My CPU is constantly overheating to about 85C, but when I open Task Manger to identify what is using the CPU capacity the overheating instantly stops and CPU temperature goes back to normal 34C. I have tried turning off all background processes to fix the problem, with no...
  3. CPU overheating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU overheating: My CPU is constantly overheating to about 85C, but when I open Task Manger to identify what is using the CPU capacity the overheating instantly stops and CPU temperature goes back to normal 34C. I have tried turning off all background processes to fix the problem, with no...
  4. CPU Utilization and Overheating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU Utilization and Overheating: To try to keep this relatively short. I'm running a Windows 11 MSI gaming laptop on balanced power settings with Maximum Processor State, in Power Settings, set to 100% for both plugged in and battery options. When I run Heavyload, to perform a CPU stress test, on battery...
  5. CPU Overheating in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU Overheating in Windows 11: Introduction: About a week ago now, my CPU started idling around 60-70C with nothing open. It used to be around 50C - I have sufficient airflow in my case Meshify C. I don’t remember installing any programs or updates around this time - in fact I think it started while I was...
  6. CPU Overheating in Windows 11

CPU Overheating in Windows 11: Introduction: About a week ago now, my CPU started idling around 60-70C with nothing open. It used to be around 50C - I have sufficient airflow in my case Meshify C. I don’t remember installing any programs or updates around this time - in fact I think it started while I was...
  7. CPU Overheating!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU Overheating!!!: Hello. Its Been A Week Since I Upgraded My Windows OS To Windows 11 And Its Not Going Well. My CPU Usage Is 30-60%. Is There Any Way To Fix It? Note: I Cant Roll Back To Windows 10...
  8. CPU Overheating!!!

CPU Overheating!!!: Hello. Its Been A Week Since I Upgraded My Windows OS To Windows 11 And Its Not Going Well. My CPU Usage Is 30-60%. Is There Any Way To Fix It? Note: I Cant Roll Back To Windows 10...
  9. CPU usage...overheating

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU usage...overheating: My CPU recently started overheating UNLESS I turn on my VPN. I suspect I may be hacked, is this possible? Thank you, Barbara https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-usageoverheating/b809e3c0-42e5-4537-9888-3d4f06becbeb
  10. CPU Overheating

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU Overheating: Recently, I have been having a problem of high CPU temperature. It usually begins with 40C, then quickly goes up to the upper 80’s especially if I try running a game. I use Speccy to monitor the temperature. I have completed a whole clean up of the PC and had the same...