Windows 10: Windows Security pop up for YubiKey authentication on local webserver

Discus and support Windows Security pop up for YubiKey authentication on local webserver in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've been making a website that allows you authenticate your account using a yubikey. Before the 1903 feature update, I would login into the local... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by shanecallaghan1, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Windows Security pop up for YubiKey authentication on local webserver

I've been making a website that allows you authenticate your account using a yubikey. Before the 1903 feature update, I would login into the local website and insert the security key with no problem. Now when I do it, I get this "Windows Security Making sure it's you. Please authenticate for https://192.168.1.200.. Please insert the correct security key" pop up. I'll attach an image to get a better picture.

I've looked at several posts about what to do such as this one with no luck adding the ip address in the local intranet or Trusted sites tab under internet options. https://superuser.com/questions/149056/disable-these-files-might-be-harmful-to-your-computer-warning

Windows Security pop up for YubiKey authentication on local webserver b16a586d-27d2-455a-96aa-08b70b7ed86e?upload=true.png

I'd like to either disable Windows Security or somehow make some sort of exception for this website that's on my local network on my windows 10 device.

:)

shanecallaghan1, Jun 26, 2019
  2. lat227 Win User

Yubikey Two-Factor Authentication

Hi....I just purchased a " Yubikey " to use with the password manager
    LastPass and it works very well as a two-factor authentication. I sign on to my PC with my Microsoft account and would like to use the Yubikey as a two-factor there also. I can't seem to find a procedure at Microsoft that explains
    how to set this up correctly. The last thing I want to do is lock myself out of my PC.

I need to know ;

(1) The procedure to setup a Yubikey with a Microsoft account.

(2) Will the Yubikey work OK on any PC that I may sign onto with my Microsoft account. I have several PC's i often sign into .

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.....Larry

lat227, Jun 26, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Yubikey login support

Hi,

Log in issues can be caused by invalid password or username. For us to assist you further, kindly answer the questions below:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Have you tried using Yubikey before?

We're looking forward for your response.

Rose Cal, Jun 26, 2019
  4. begro89 Win User

Windows Security pop up for YubiKey authentication on local webserver

Local Security Policy on Windows 10?

Local Security Policysหายคับ

begro89, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

Windows Security pop up for YubiKey authentication on local webserver

1. Windows Security pop up for YubiKey authentication on local webserver - Similar Threads - Security pop YubiKey

2. Windows 11 Install With Yubikey Authentication

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Install With Yubikey Authentication: Hi all,I want to add my Microsoft account to my Yubikeys.Now that you have to enter a Microsoft account when installing, does the installer recognise a Yubikey?I know this is a very specific question, but I hope someone has an answer.Cheers...
  3. Windows 11 Install With Yubikey Authentication

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Install With Yubikey Authentication: Hi all,I want to add my Microsoft account to my Yubikeys.Now that you have to enter a Microsoft account when installing, does the installer recognise a Yubikey?I know this is a very specific question, but I hope someone has an answer.Cheers...
  4. Smartcard authentication window keeps popping up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Smartcard authentication window keeps popping up.: I need a smartcard for work to sign into certain websites, BUT I do NOT need it to log into windows. When I am not using the card for those websites, the smartcard authentication window keeps popping up throughout the day. It doesn't have focus I can send it to the back so it...
  5. Smartcard authentication window keeps popping up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Smartcard authentication window keeps popping up.: I need a smartcard for work to sign into certain websites, BUT I do NOT need it to log into windows. When I am not using the card for those websites, the smartcard authentication window keeps popping up throughout the day. It doesn't have focus I can send it to the back so it...
  6. Smartcard authentication window keeps popping up.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Select a certificate for authentication pop up

in Windows 10 Support
    Select a certificate for authentication pop up: Hello everyone, I'm new here, I am looking for a solution for the attached pop up: [img] I keep cancelling and it keeps coming back every few hours and even appears to block internet access. In case the attachment is not visible it says: Windows Security Select a...
  8. Yubikey Two-Factor Authentication

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Yubikey Two-Factor Authentication: Hi....I just purchased a " Yubikey " to use with the password manager LastPass and it works very well as a two-factor authentication. I sign on to my PC with my Microsoft account and would like to use the Yubikey as a two-factor there also. I can't seem to find a procedure at...
  9. Windows Security pop up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security pop up: Every time I start Outlook I get a window similar to the one below asking me to login to my Outlook.com account even though I have marked it to remember my credentials. This is then followed by the window below which keeps popping up every few minutes even after I log in....
  10. Securely Login to Local Accounts with YubiKey Security Key in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Securely Login to Local Accounts with YubiKey Security Key in Windows: How to: Securely Login to Local Accounts with YubiKey Security Key in Windows How to Securely Login to Local Accounts with YubiKey Security Key in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 Yubico Login for Windows application provides a simple and secure way for YubiKey...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows security making sure it is you insert your security key

2. pop up saying insert security key

3. windows security chrome yubikey popup

4. windows 1903 hello yubikey