Windows 10: Windows Security pops up: application prompts for outlook credentials

Discus and support Windows Security pops up: application prompts for outlook credentials in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For many years I am using a 3rd party indexing program (X1 Search). Everything is fine, but over the last couple of days, after launching both Outlook... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tfwul, Jun 5, 2019.

1. tfwul Win User

Windows Security pops up: application prompts for outlook credentials

For many years I am using a 3rd party indexing program (X1 Search). Everything is fine, but over the last couple of days, after launching both Outlook and X1, Windows Security pops up and requires me to enter credentials for X1.

It is useless to enter the credentials: 1. they won't stick, i.e. the next time I need to enter them again, 2. just click on the [Cancel] button and X1 will perform as before.

Have vainly been trying to figure out the reason for this pop-up.

It is a long shot on my part, not really familiar with Windows Credentials, but could it be that the X1 Search Windows Security pop-up relates to "MicrosoftOffice16_Data:SSPI:" and "Outlook.office354.com" ?

What are they being used for?

Windows 10 x64
    Office 365 using MS Exchange (Default use)
    but there are a number of POP accounts linked to Office 365

Thanks.

p.s.: I also see XboxLive - probably something to do with games(?) only. If so, then I don't use it.
    Can I delete it there, or should I disable it somewhere first.

:)

tfwul, Jun 5, 2019

2. Microsoft Outlook Windows Security Pop Up Box

Hi Kimberly,

There is a possibility that the stored credentials are not overwritten when Outlook triggers the authentication prompt even if you enable the Remember my credentials option.

For us to isolate this issue, we suggest that you remove all previously saved credentials. To remove stored credentials and force Outlook to use your Windows desktop credentials, follow these steps:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Credential Manager.

Note If View by is set to Category, click User Accounts first, and then click Credential Manager

• Locate the set of credentials that has Outlook in the name.
    • Click the name to expand the set of credentials, and then click Remove from Vault.
    • Repeat step 3 for any additional sets of credentials that have the word Outlook in the name.

Let us know the details so we could further help.

Acelyn Alc, Jun 5, 2019
  3. BilalEssa Win User
    Windows Security - credential screen/popup

Hi There

Has anyone had an issue with the "Windows Security" credential prompt window/screen.

When it pops up to prompt for credentials, there is no text-box(es) to enter my credentials.

This has occurred for Outlook, and Remote Desktop applications - so far.

For outlook, i amend the credentials, in the credential manager - which works fine as a workaround.

But now I need to connect to a remote desktop, which does 'not allow saved passwords'.

Windows 10, HP ProBook 450.

I have attached screenshots:

Windows Security pops up: application prompts for outlook credentials 28d9d666-319b-45b6-a8a4-718b2fabdb73.jpg

Windows Security pops up: application prompts for outlook credentials 82a78a67-000e-4c06-9d83-146ff4332bb2.jpg

BilalEssa, Jun 5, 2019
  4. Windows Security pops up: application prompts for outlook credentials

Exchange Account on Outlook prompt for Windows Security Credential

I have exchange account on Outlook apps, it is asking to enter Windows Security Mail password . Enter the correct password, click the remember credential , nothing happened. Please advice

Michelle Jasmine, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows Security pops up: application prompts for outlook credentials

1. Windows Security pops up: application prompts for outlook credentials - Similar Threads - Security pops application

2. Command Prompt Pop up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Command Prompt Pop up: I've been having issues with a command prompt popping up at random times. I've done some searching and found what I believe to be the culprit- Thru the use of powershell : Get-ScheduledTask Get-ScheduledTaskInfo select TaskName, TaskPath, LastRunTime out-gridviewI found that...
  3. Windows Security Sign in pop up asking for credentials

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security Sign in pop up asking for credentials: Windows Security Sign in pop up asking for credentials to log into a icalendar that I was just removed from??I have cleared my cache and restarted to try and delete. I shut off sync before I did this. Is this coming from a browser? I use Google and Edge as browsersThe message...
  4. Windows Security Sign in pop up asking for credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security Sign in pop up asking for credentials: Windows Security Sign in pop up asking for credentials to log into a icalendar that I was just removed from??I have cleared my cache and restarted to try and delete. I shut off sync before I did this. Is this coming from a browser? I use Google and Edge as browsersThe message...
  5. Windows Security Sign in pop up asking for credentials

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Microsoft Outlook Windows Security Pop Up Box

Microsoft Outlook Windows Security Pop Up Box: I turned on security defaults in Office 365. I have been able to log in on my phone with two factor auth. But myself and other users cannot log into the Outlook desktop app. When we launch Outlook, the Windows Security window pops up. You enter password. It goes away for a...
  7. Prompt for Credentials vs Prompt for Credentials on Secure Desktop

Prompt for Credentials vs Prompt for Credentials on Secure Desktop: Hello, What is the difference between Prompt for Credentials and ? In both, I have the same thing. 1. Prompt for Credential [ATTACH] 2. Prompt for Credentials on Secure Desktop [ATTACH]...
  8. Security Credential pop up window

in Windows 10 Customization
    Security Credential pop up window: I have been using a remote desktop app for online course When I first started I had to turn off password protected sharing. That is still off but pop up window is back. what can I do?...
  9. Command Prompt pops up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Command Prompt pops up: For the last week I have Command Prompt popping up on start up and as quickly it goes. Could it be a Microsoft update ? Operating W10 with the latest updates. I have tried all the suggestions I can find in Microsoft and Google with no luck so far ?...
  10. Command prompt pop up

in Windows 10 Support
    Command prompt pop up: Hi, for a while now i been having an issue with command prompt. The command prompt will randomly pop up and close immediately. i have had this issue for a while but it didn't really effect me. Recently ive been playing a lot of games and the command prompt will tab me out of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows security microsoft outlook always requires password remember my credentials box checed solution dont have to log in

2. windows security pop up doest accept credentials

3. windows secuiryt outlook prompt

4. outlook prompting window security