Windows 10: Windows Security PopUp does not work second time

Discus and support Windows Security PopUp does not work second time in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am working on Windows 10 Pro v1709. A problem started a few weeks ago but I am unable to figure out how and exactly when. When I want to run a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SandeepOak, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Windows Security PopUp does not work second time

I am working on Windows 10 Pro v1709.

A problem started a few weeks ago but I am unable to figure out how and exactly when.

When I want to run a program as a different user first time I do it, it works and Windows Security popup appears for me to enter different user credentials.

But when I try running same or any other program as a different user, the Windows Security popup does not appear. I see it in the background when I hover over the File Explorer icon in taskbar. But I can not bring the Windows Security window in front to enter credentials. I see the Windows Explorer process taking over 25% CPU and I have to restart the Windows Explorer every time when I try to open a program with different user.

Any assistance highly appreciated.

:)

SandeepOak, Feb 23, 2020
  2. Jsssssssss, Feb 23, 2020
  3. qubit Win User
    Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Feb 23, 2020
  4. Smeed Win User

Windows Security PopUp does not work second time

Smeed, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows Security PopUp does not work second time

1. Windows Security PopUp does not work second time - Similar Threads - Security PopUp does

2. Windows security does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows security does not work: Windows security saying your It administrator has limited access to some areas of this app and the item you try to access is not available contact your it help deskWindows update is fine but I cannot scan the computer or turn anything on or off...
  3. Windows security does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows security does not work: Windows security saying your It administrator has limited access to some areas of this app and the item you try to access is not available contact your it help deskWindows update is fine but I cannot scan the computer or turn anything on or off...
  4. Windows Defender Security Popup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Security Popup: Windows Defender Security Popup. I believe it is a scam; however, unable to use mouse, keyboard, or remove the block. How casn I get this resolved? Can't talk with tech, and don't know how anyone could access my screen since I can't get in myself....
  5. Windows Security Centre Popup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security Centre Popup: Hi, I'm wondering if anyone may assist. I have an issue on multiple pc's here on-site that will intermittently at any given time have the 'Windows Security' window popup for no known reason on it's own sample screen below. The PC's are never turned off and seldom rebooted....
  6. Windows Security Centre Popup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security Centre Popup: Hi, I'm wondering if anyone may assist. I have an issue on multiple pc's here on-site that will intermittently at any given time have the 'Windows Security' window popup for no known reason on it's own sample screen below. The PC's are never turned off and seldom rebooted....
  7. Windows Security & Updates broken Second time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Security & Updates broken Second time: So I'm having some issues with Windows at the moment, the weird thing is that I had these exact same issues in July, and the only way I could fix them was to completely reinstall windows, now a few months later I am facing theexact same issues once again. Very strange. The...
  8. Windows Security Popup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Security Popup: Good morning all, I have mapped my home NAS as a drive on my PC. Whenever I try to do anything with the files move them, open them, rename them I get the following error message; Windows Security These files might be harmful to your computer Your internet security...
  9. Windows Security does not work!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Security does not work!: Can someone help me with this problem. In fact, from the very beginning, there were more than one problem. Microsoft Store and most importantly Windows Update was not working. I tried every way: sfc / scannow, DISM, and in addition I downloaded the current windows version...
  10. windows security popups

in Windows 10 Support
    windows security popups: hi all, 1. even though I have admin rights set for certain programs[firefox,,etc,,] I keep getting popups saying program is trying to change my computer [which is annoying] why does it ask even though I have firefox set for admin rights? can I lower the settings for...