Windows 10: Windows Security Popup

Discus and support Windows Security Popup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Good morning all, I have mapped my home NAS as a drive on my PC. Whenever I try to do anything with the files move them, open them, rename them I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CarlMedlin1, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Windows Security Popup

Good morning all,

I have mapped my home NAS as a drive on my PC.

Whenever I try to do anything with the files move them, open them, rename them I get the following error message;

Windows Security

These files might be harmful to your computer

Your internet security settings suggest that one or more files may be harmful. Do you want to use it anyway?

I really need these popups to stop, all of my work files are stored on my NAS so I'm using them all day, every day!

I have tried adjusting User Account Control Settings to "never notify" which didn't work.

I have also tried changing the settings in App & Browser Control and that didn't work. I have reset both of these to default for the time being.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Carl.

:)

CarlMedlin1, Jun 19, 2020
  2. Jsssssssss, Jun 19, 2020
  3. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Jun 19, 2020
  4. Le Boule Win User

Windows Security Popup

Security popup

Did you seek assistance/advice from McAfee?

Any new browser extensions that need to be disabled/removed?

WD real time protection should be disabled by the presence of McAfee on the computer. Are you using Windows Defender "Limited Periodic Scan?" If so, it's sure not doing much good, is it?

PSA: Tech Support Scams Pop-Ups on the Rise - Malwarebytes Labs

Did you close the browser (with Task Manager if necessary)? Sometimes doing so will eliminate the issue. Restart the computer and do not restore the browser session.

See Beware of Phony Tech Support Scams

You may want to scan with the Emsisoft Emergency Kit (a free program): Как обнаружить и удалить угрозы с помощью Emsisoft Emergency Kit | Emsisoft | Security Blog

For issues with popups while using Edge see the Answer of GreginMich dated
    June 20, 2016: 1 888 2361 scam
    More detailed information on this continuing issue may be found in the January 2, 2017 post of GreginMich in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ft-virus/5335f80f-4cfc-49e0-bbcf-8f575730779a.

For issues with Google Chrome see How to stop unwanted pop-ups or homepage changes in Chrome, and How
    to reset Google Chrome settings
    . You may want to use https://www.google.com/chrome/cleanup-tool/

If the popups continue see the following free multi-step removal guide from Malwaretips.com: https://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-adware-popup-ads/

STEP 1: Uninstall malicious programs from Windows

STEP 2: Remove adware and pop-up ads with AdwCleaner

STEP 3: Remove potentially unwanted programs with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

STEP 4: Remove rootkits and trojans with HitmanPro

(OPTIONAL) STEP 5: Remove browser hijackers with Zemana AntiMalware Free

(OPTIONAL) STEP 6: Remove pop-up ads from Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome

You may not need to use Hitman Pro (Trial Version) or Zemana (also a trial version) as suggested in step 4 and step 5 but you may need to reset your browsers

https://malwaretips.com/blogs/reset-internet-explorer-settings/

https://malwaretips.com/blogs/reset-chrome-settings/

https://malwaretips.com/blogs/reset-firefox-settings/

http://www.howtogeek.com/237527/how-to-reset-microsoft-edge-in-windows-10/

Good luck…

http://blog.emsisoft.com/2015/01/27/top-10-ways-pups-sneak-onto-your-computer-and-how-to-avoid-them/

Le Boule, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows Security Popup

1. Windows Security Popup - Similar Threads - Security Popup

2. MS Edge screen locked up, got a popup message: IP address blocked, call Microsoft Security...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Edge screen locked up, got a popup message: IP address blocked, call Microsoft Security...: Locked up most of my screen. Got a Windows Defender Security Center popup saying my IP address has been blocked and to call Microsoft Call Support +1-833-358-6228. Was able to alt-ctrl-delete to open task manager, found something called Antimalware Service Executable using...
  3. MS Edge screen locked up, got a popup message: IP address blocked, call Microsoft Security...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Edge screen locked up, got a popup message: IP address blocked, call Microsoft Security...: Locked up most of my screen. Got a Windows Defender Security Center popup saying my IP address has been blocked and to call Microsoft Call Support +1-833-358-6228. Was able to alt-ctrl-delete to open task manager, found something called Antimalware Service Executable using...
  4. Security Alert popup warns of hack. Latest says to click on link which is to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Alert popup warns of hack. Latest says to click on link which is to...: I recently started receiving this popup system trojan alert warning I have been hacked and to click on link. Onebiensicenter.com. initial alert said from Microsoft this latest says to click on link to activate Macafee. Virus scan comes up empty. Suggestions?...
  5. Security Alert popup warns of hack. Latest says to click on link which is to...

Security Alert popup warns of hack. Latest says to click on link which is to...: I recently started receiving this popup system trojan alert warning I have been hacked and to click on link. Onebiensicenter.com. initial alert said from Microsoft this latest says to click on link to activate Macafee. Virus scan comes up empty. Suggestions?...
  6. Security Alert popup warns of hack. Latest says to click on link which is to...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Windows Security systray icon has NO popup description on hover or right click menu capability.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security systray icon has NO popup description on hover or right click menu capability.: Win 11 Pro 22H2.Windows Security opens and operates fine from systray with left mouse click.However, it is the ONLY tray icon that has no popup description on hover or right click menu capability.Resetting icon cache via Admin CMD prompt had NO effect.Is there a resolution...
  8. Windows Security systray icon has NO popup description on hover or right click menu capability.

Windows Security systray icon has NO popup description on hover or right click menu capability.: Win 11 Pro 22H2.Windows Security opens and operates fine from systray with left mouse click.However, it is the ONLY tray icon that has no popup description on hover or right click menu capability.Resetting icon cache via Admin CMD prompt had NO effect.Is there a resolution...
  9. Need to Disable popup system and app notifications or disable access to security center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to Disable popup system and app notifications or disable access to security center: I am looking for a way to secure a touchscreen kiosk. Currently the occasional windows security notification pops up in the bottom right and if you tap it it takes you to the security settings. I would like to disable it via registry settings so I can just add it to my script...
  10. Need to Disable popup system and app notifications or disable access to security center

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need to Disable popup system and app notifications or disable access to security center: I am looking for a way to secure a touchscreen kiosk. Currently the occasional windows security notification pops up in the bottom right and if you tap it it takes you to the security settings. I would like to disable it via registry settings so I can just add it to my script...