Windows 10: Windows Security potentially unwanted app found netfilter2.sys - is this a real threat?

Discus and support Windows Security potentially unwanted app found netfilter2.sys - is this a real threat? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've just finished a brand new install of Windows 10 Home ver 2004 - build 19041.388 on a ASUS ROG G752VT laptop. Windows Security has completed a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Slick8791, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Slick8791 Win User

Windows Security potentially unwanted app found netfilter2.sys - is this a real threat?

I've just finished a brand new install of Windows 10 Home ver 2004 - build 19041.388 on a ASUS ROG G752VT laptop. Windows Security has completed a quick scan with the App & Browser Control enabled. It is now reporting the following and asking for me to take action:

Windows Security potentially unwanted app found netfilter2.sys - is this a real threat? 5bd7b8fc-9307-437e-8b2c-c1c51ad4840f?upload=true.png

I've performed the same clean installs on my laptop in the past with all other versions of Windows 10 and never received this warning. Also, I've preformed the clean install again to ensure it wasn't a one time fluke and the same prompt appears every time.

Is this a true threat or just a false report? I'm looking for some kind of confirmation from someone of what action I should take: Remove, Quarantine or Allow on this device.

:)

Slick8791, Jul 23, 2020
  2. meebers Win User

Protection History Warning - Potentially unwanted app found

This just popped up, potentially unwanted app found. Detected MiniTool_Partition_Wizard_Bundleinstaller?? Tried Remove, Quarantine - does not remove the Yellow Triangle. Anybody else seen this?? False positive?? Had 2 instances, blocked the first one.

meebers, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Protection History Warning - Potentially unwanted app found

Not exactly a false positive, more a precaution as MiniTool bundle optional apps from their partners in their installer. See this thread, in particular post #2 from MiniToolSupport themselves.

Minitool Partition Wizard Triggers Defender Virus Alert

Bree, Aug 3, 2020
  4. Windows Security potentially unwanted app found netfilter2.sys - is this a real threat?

BSOD Windows 10 - Driver Verifier causing windows to boot loop and carnt get BSOD to find driver at fault. need help!

Hi,

I have just managed to run a driver verifier with only selecting a couple of drivers at a time.

I selected all Nvidia drivers and one other 'netfilter2.sys'...

I managed to get it to a BSOD and have checked the dump file (see below)

it turned out that the 'netfiler2.sys' driver failed the driver verifier check so I have now removed this from my computer.

fingers crossed...

On Sat 05/05/2018 18:45:28 your computer crashed or a problem was reported

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\050518-2859-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: netfilter2.sys (0xFFFFF80BD3A46978)

Bugcheck code: 0xC4 (0x2000, 0xFFFFF80BD3A46978, 0x0, 0x51544C46)

Error: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

Bug check description: This is the general bug check code for fatal errors found by Driver Verifier.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: netfilter2.sys .

Google query: netfilter2.sys DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

Chris_Neale, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows Security potentially unwanted app found netfilter2.sys - is this a real threat?

1. Windows Security potentially unwanted app found netfilter2.sys - is this a real threat? - Similar Threads - Security potentially unwanted

2. Potentially Unwanted App Found

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Potentially Unwanted App Found: I get the potentially unwanted app PUA found, go to settings, security, app and browser control and see Actions recommended. PUA found Click on review, again get PUA found. Do you want this app to make changes to your device. Click NO. But still have PUA. How do I get rid of...
  3. Potentially Unwanted App Found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Potentially Unwanted App Found: I get the potentially unwanted app PUA found, go to settings, security, app and browser control and see Actions recommended. PUA found Click on review, again get PUA found. Do you want this app to make changes to your device. Click NO. But still have PUA. How do I get rid of...
  4. Potentially Unwanted App Found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "Potentially unwanted app found"

"Potentially unwanted app found": Windows did a scan and it said "potentially unwanted app found", but when I clicked the report, I couldn't find absolutely anything to do with the said app and it said no threats found? I dug as much as I could, took some tips from here, and still found nothing on it.Decided...
  6. Potentially unwanted app found

Potentially unwanted app found: How do I find out what app is causing this message? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/potentially-unwanted-app-found/5aef0f1a-d07e-4a73-81b6-a8209baaa9af
  7. potentially unwanted app found

potentially unwanted app found: I get the "potentially unwanted app found" message on Windows security about once a week and I don't know what to do abouit it. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/potentially-unwanted-app-found/6d3079da-0ed2-478d-a4a6-0475e24252b2
  8. potential threat from unwanted app

potential threat from unwanted app: I am trying to install a game on my computer but when I click on the install file, a window pops up telling me that Windows Defender has detected a potentially harmful app. What does this mean and how can I get around this issue? Thanks...
  9. Potentially Unwanted App Found

Potentially Unwanted App Found: Hi, i got this notification about unwanted app but when i clic on remove it doesn't do anything. I even uninstalled the app but its still stuck in there and won't go away. I restarted the pc but still nothing..idk how to get rid of that thing..Like I can dismiss it but can it...
  10. Potentially unwanted app found

Potentially unwanted app found: How do I remove this thing? It keeps showing up even if I just selected remove action. Well I mean I did run 3 full scans and it still shows up even when I put it in quarantine nor remove. In short it just wont disappear [ATTACH]...