Windows 10: Windows security prompt when trying to access remote desktop

Discus and support Windows security prompt when trying to access remote desktop in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I'm having issues connecting to a remote desktop on my PC. I am able to download the .rdp file required to connect, but when I try to run it,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by kc1873, Apr 14, 2020.

1. kc1873 Win User

Windows security prompt when trying to access remote desktop

Hello,

I'm having issues connecting to a remote desktop on my PC. I am able to download the .rdp file required to connect, but when I try to run it, a windows security prompt pops up asking for my username and password. When I enter my account information, it tells me my logon attempt failed. Is there an easy solution to allow security to let this program connect, or figure out what account information it actually wants?

Thanks

:)

kc1873, Apr 14, 2020

2. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Apr 14, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - Remote Desktop

Hi,

We will surely assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10.
    - Which version of Windows 10 Operating System are you using?

- Were you able to upgrade to Windows 10 successfully?

I suggest you to refer the below steps and see if this helps.

• Enable remote desktop in settings
      • Control Panel\System and Security\System, Click "Remote Settings" on the left side

• Verify my port forwarding settings were properly forwarding to my computers local IP address
      • run "cmd.exe" and then type "ipconfig". Find your IP from that list
    [*]
    • Make sure your firewall settings are open
    • Go to "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed apps"
    • On the left, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
    • Click "Change Settings"
    • Find "Remote Desktop" in the list and make sure both "Private" and "Public" is checked.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you.

Credits to : Jace_Sango.

Akheel Ahmed, Apr 14, 2020
  4. RDLSK Win User

No Access to Remote Desktop

Does Windows 10 REALLY NOT support Remote Desktop? Only a couple days ago I could have accessed my Remote Desktop; now I can't. Microsoft is saying that Windows
    10 does not support Remote Desktop and is suggesting an upgrade that costs over $300.00. REALLY?

RDLSK, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows security prompt when trying to access remote desktop - Similar Threads - security prompt trying

2. No prompt for credentials for Remote Desktop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No prompt for credentials for Remote Desktop: We have a computer that when ever some one tries to use Remote Desktop it opens a window that lets them know their credentials will be used, but gives no area to input credentials or accept. Simply the option to cancel. I have attached a screenshot. We checked Windows...
  3. remote access to desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    remote access to desktop: Good day, Can you please help me to remotely access my son's desktop, I tried doing the quick assist but ot's not working. are there any other options? Thank you. Joyce...
  4. secure remote desktop option?

in Windows 10 Support
    secure remote desktop option?: I'd like to set up a way to remotely access my mom's laptop so I can help her with random minor issues using windows and the internet when I'm not at her house. I was looking into installing the RDP wrapper to enable remote desktop on her Win10 PC, but then read that it's a...
  5. When trying to access remote desktop it asks for credentials ???

in Windows 10 Customization
    When trying to access remote desktop it asks for credentials ???: I have setup a new computer in my network. ALL other comcuters in the network CAN access each others remote desktop WITHOUT asking for credentials. What do I mis at the new computer to access WITHOUT it asking for credentials ?...
  6. Is Remote Desktop secure?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is Remote Desktop secure?: Or is there a way to make it secure? I want to be able to run video surveillance at home with the ability to securely access it from far away for some particular functions. submitted by /u/gjdhzcnq [link] [comments]...
  7. Remote Desktop Access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote Desktop Access: My computer isn't discoverable by other networks. What am I missing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop-access/bf8dd71e-9162-4d54-884a-97dec0fd91c4
  8. remote desktop and security

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    remote desktop and security: how can i make sure that my local network cant access my computer and make sure my computer hasnt been tampered with? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop-and-security/f12c7e0f-4dd3-414d-8255-dbeefc3f9124
  9. No Access to Remote Desktop

No Access to Remote Desktop: Does Windows 10 REALLY NOT support Remote Desktop? Only a couple days ago I could have accessed my Remote Desktop; now I can't. Microsoft is saying that Windows 10 does not support Remote Desktop and is suggesting an upgrade that costs over $300.00. REALLY?...
  10. No Access to Remote Desktop

No Access to Remote Desktop: Does Windows 10 REALLY NOT support Remote Desktop? Only a couple days ago I could have accessed my Remote Desktop; now I can't. Microsoft is saying that Windows 10 does not support Remote Desktop is suggesting an upgrade that costs over $300.00. REALLY?...