Windows 10: Windows Security Protection History-remediation incomplete

Discus and support Windows Security Protection History-remediation incomplete in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows 10 security found two trojans that are now listed in my protection history as severe-remediation incomplete. And yet my virus and threat... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by loyall, Jul 23, 2020.

1. loyall Win User

Windows Security Protection History-remediation incomplete

Windows 10 security found two trojans that are now listed in my protection history as severe-remediation incomplete. And yet my virus and threat protection shield icon has a green checkmark. What if anything should I do? Why does it say remediation incomplete?

:)

loyall, Jul 23, 2020
  2. loyall Win User

Windows 10 security found two trojans that are now listed in my protection history as severe-remediation incomplete. And yet my virus and threat protection shield icon has a green checkmark. What if anything should I do? Why does it say remediation incomplete?

A manual scan by Malwarebytes identifies zero threats.

loyall, Jul 30, 2020
  3. loyall Win User

I went to a website on Edge chromium. The was an audio message saying my computer was locked. It turned out it wasn't. I closed the browser, and opened Windows security. Two trojans were listed in protection history as severe - status:failed - remediation
    incomplete. A further scan by malware bytes revealed no threats. The two trojans were Skeeyah.A!rfn and FakeAlert!MSR

loyall, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Windows Security Protection History-remediation incomplete

Windows Security - Protection History

Whoa! Hold on... I see a couple of things wrong here at a few different levels.

Command line vs. GUI: Using PowerShell to change settings in Windows Security?

So you're telling me that there is no graphical way of "setting to block potentially unwanted apps" in "Windows Security"? Even though the message is coming right from the GUI of "Windows Security"? In other words, I have to use "PowerShell" to accomplish the
    task? Fancy! Now, how many normal/regular Windows users know what PowerShell is or how to use it with confidence?...

@Micrsooft: Is this some inside joke that I'm not getting? If you as a programmer present such a message graphically in the context of "Windows Security" where you rant about some setting for "unwanted apps" being
    turned off, then I expect you to graphically present the option to remedy that problem. Albeit there is a contextual "Actions" drop-down menu, but it has no "off" option as presented in the message, and there is no "on" option (as implicated by the message).
    So even if these actionable commands so to speak do remedy the problem (I haven't actually tried it), this is not the way to interact or communicate well with the user. There needs to be an option to flip this setting
    on or off right there in the GUI of "Windows Security", instead of issuing some PowerShell command in the background.

Truths about the state of things in Windows Security and Windows

Let's try to establish some truths about what is and what isn't true about Windows Security. I invite you to correct me if I'm wrong at any point.

• "setting to block potentially unwanted apps" is equal to "PUAProtection".
    • "PUAProtection" is equal to "SmartScreen".
    • "Microsoft Defender" is equal to "Windows Defender Security Center".
    • "Windows Defender Security Center" is equal to "Windows Security".
    • "PUAProtection" is disabled by default.
    • "PUAProtection"/"SmartScreen" cannot be changed from within "Microsoft Defender"/"Windows Defender"/"Windows Security".

Windows Defender Security Center vs. Windows Security

Here are a couple of things that are not matching in my version of Windows 10 and "Windows Security" with the linked article on Windows Central and "Windows Defender Security Center". Today is 2019-12-06, and that article was published 2018-08-20.

• There is no "Threat history" under "Virus & threat protection". I can see why. It would seem redundant to say the same thing twice: "Threat history" and "Protection history". (Pun! Protection is history!)
    • There are no "Quarantined threats" under "Virus & threat protection". This is now "Allowed threats". I can see why: "Allowed" is simple English.

Samir Gunic, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Security Protection History-remediation incomplete - Similar Threads - Security Protection History

2. Virus & Threat Protection: Remediation Incomplete

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus & Threat Protection: Remediation Incomplete: A certain high level threat, HackTool:Win32/AutoKMS, was detected after conducting a Full Scan in my Windows Defender. I have no idea how it got in but for sure it is still running in my laptop. I am worried that it might cause corruptions and damage to my files or in the...
  3. Remediation Incomplete

Remediation Incomplete: Hi Microsoft and Community,I have problems with Viruses all of them are targeting the location file: \Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy4\Windows\SysWOW64\ru-RU\S-1-4-36\Riched32.dlland if I try to remove it it shows and they are four of themIf any information that is important...
  4. Remediation incomplete

Remediation incomplete: Hi under windows security I have tried to quarantine and remove - but it says that the remediation is incomplete and now only allows the option "allow" - effected items " hklm\software\policies\microsoft\windows defender\real-time protection\\DisablebehaviorMonitoring...
  5. Remediation Incomplete

Remediation Incomplete: On another Thread - Remediation Incomplete message is discussed and the 'solution' is to not worry about it - it is just 'history'. While that in itself maybe true, the icon on the systray shows the red X saying something is bad. Not having a way to clear this is poor...
  6. Windows defender showing remediation incomplete in protection history

Windows defender showing remediation incomplete in protection history: What can be done in case if windows defender shows remediation incomplete? Status is failed. alert level- severe threat detected : Worm:Win32/Babonock.A category worm How to delete or remove this threat ? as only action available is "allow" at bottom ran an entire...
  7. Remediation Incomplete

Remediation Incomplete: I have the same problems as all the other users are having and like All other users I have not found one solution from Microsoft. Shown Below:...
  8. 2 items in Protection history: Remediation incomplete, and Threat removed or restored

2 items in Protection history: Remediation incomplete, and Threat removed or restored: So I unfortunately got the Bearfoos trojan. My first virus and a terrible one... Trojan:win32/Bearfoos.A!ml I ran Windows Defender and in Protection history there is one section that says “Threat removed or restored” and one that says “Remediation incomplete”. Does this...
  9. Remediation Incomplete

Remediation Incomplete: [ATTACH] I just got a notification about this virus. It said the level is severe. Because I didn't know what to do, I click allow. As you can see, there is a warning in the picture. So, what should I do now? Please, help me....
  10. Remediation Incomplete?

Remediation Incomplete?: I did a deep scan after a fake warning popped up on a website, and found a trojan and was put as "severe". When I hit remove, I checked the history and it said that the trojan was labeled "Remediation Incomplete" after it was "removed". My question is, did my computer delete...