Windows 10: Windows Security/Protection history

Discus and support Windows Security/Protection history in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Happy Holidays to All. Nov 5th 2019: Windows 10 Pro version Winver 18362.449, I have since updated to 1909, winver 18363.476. But since Nov 5th I have... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ohwell, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Ohwell Win User

Windows Security/Protection history

Happy Holidays to All.
    Nov 5th 2019: Windows 10 Pro version Winver 18362.449, I have since updated to 1909, winver 18363.476. But since Nov 5th I have had random shutdown of Outlook.com mail, either using Firefox or EDGE. Microsoft opened a case number and promptly closed it.
    Today: 2 Dec 2019 I found these settings shown in the uploaded snips. I am signed into the account as the administrator, but cannot gain access to remove these 2 "Protected Files"...in fact I cannot even go back and find them again!!
    I want to believe that these 2 folders are the source of my problems...the real problem is that this failure of Outlook.com has migrated across several windows 10 platforms, without any prompting.

If this is posted in the incorrect forum title I would appreciate it be moved to its correct location.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Stu

Windows Security/Protection history [​IMG]

:)

Ohwell, Dec 2, 2019

2. File history on USB security user access

Hi,

To isolate this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File History folder.
    • Select all the files that you don't want to be accessed.
    • Right-click on the highlighted files and choose Properties.
    • Go to Security tab.
    • Click on Advanced.
    • Select all the user account that you don't want to have access on your File History folder.
    • Click on Disable inheritance.
    • Lastly, click on OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Desiree Yau, Dec 2, 2019
  3. Clear Windows Security Center (Defender) Protection History

It appears I might have discovered a little "chink in the armour" as this method doesn't seem to work IF you have any detections listed in the protection history from the controlled folder access feature... if enabled.

Greythorne II, Dec 2, 2019
  4. AndreTen Win User

Clear Windows Security Center (Defender) Protection History

Open Event viewer and find Log "Operational" under Application and service logs / Microsoft / Windows / Windows defender
    Right click on it and select Clear log.

You'll have to log off to clear history

AndreTen, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Security/Protection history - Similar Threads - Security Protection history

2. Windows Security Protection History

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security Protection History: Hi! I just wanted to ask, when I go in Protection History, it says "Potentially unwanted app removed."It means that my laptop is safe, right? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-security-protection-history/cf3fc869-38b7-41fd-9bce-e72b6261da5e
  3. Windows Security Protection History is not deleting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security Protection History is not deleting: Everything I’ve read says Windows Security > Virus & threat protection > Protection History supposed to show for only 30 days by default. But mine was there longer.I followed the instructions...
  4. Windows Security Protection History is not deleting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security Protection History is not deleting: Everything I’ve read says Windows Security > Virus & threat protection > Protection History supposed to show for only 30 days by default. But mine was there longer.I followed the instructions...
  5. Windows Security Protection History is not deleting

6. Windows Security Protection History

Windows Security Protection History: How do I clear Protection History in Windows Security Defender? See included screen print. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-protection-history/693b8607-59a0-4663-ad94-2a70aaec4c2d
  7. Windows Security (Defender) and Protection history empty

Windows Security (Defender) and Protection history empty: Windows Defender keeps deleting/removing/quarantining files but there's no information what was removed. This has happened several different ways, but recently Action Center said something like 3 files removed by Windows Defender. Then I go to Windows Security (Virus & threat...
  8. Windows Security not showing Protection History

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Security not showing Protection History: So I tried looking elsewhere on the internet for how to solve this problem but so far can't find any answers. Pretty much the title says it all. Protection History inside Windows Security does not actually show protection history. It shows nothing at all. I'm not quite sure...
  9. Windows Security Protection History BUG/ERROR

Windows Security Protection History BUG/ERROR: i have this problem when i go to the windows security and go to the protection history, it says no recent action, when there is a recent action! and a few sec it later, the windows security app closes it self. this keeps happening over and over again! if there is a solution,...
  10. Windows Security - Protection History

Windows Security - Protection History: I got this message in Action Center regarding some security setting in "Windows Security". When I clicked on the message, it brought me to a view called "Protection history" inside "Windows Security", with the following message. "The setting to block potentially unwanted...