Windows 10: Windows Security/Protection history

Discus and support Windows Security/Protection history in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Happy Holidays to All. Nov 5th 2019: Windows 10 Pro version Winver 18362.449, I have since updated to 1909, winver 18363.476. But since Nov 5th I have... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ohwell, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Ohwell Win User

Windows Security/Protection history

Happy Holidays to All.
    Nov 5th 2019: Windows 10 Pro version Winver 18362.449, I have since updated to 1909, winver 18363.476. But since Nov 5th I have had random shutdown of Outlook.com mail, either using Firefox or EDGE. Microsoft opened a case number and promptly closed it.
    Today: 2 Dec 2019 I found these settings shown in the uploaded snips. I am signed into the account as the administrator, but cannot gain access to remove these 2 "Protected Files"...in fact I cannot even go back and find them again!!
    I want to believe that these 2 folders are the source of my problems...the real problem is that this failure of Outlook.com has migrated across several windows 10 platforms, without any prompting.

If this is posted in the incorrect forum title I would appreciate it be moved to its correct location.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Stu

Windows Security/Protection history [​IMG]

:)

Ohwell, Dec 2, 2019

2. File history on USB security user access

Hi,

To isolate this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File History folder.
    • Select all the files that you don't want to be accessed.
    • Right-click on the highlighted files and choose Properties.
    • Go to Security tab.
    • Click on Advanced.
    • Select all the user account that you don't want to have access on your File History folder.
    • Click on Disable inheritance.
    • Lastly, click on OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Desiree Yau, Dec 2, 2019
  3. Clear Windows Security Center (Defender) Protection History

It appears I might have discovered a little "chink in the armour" as this method doesn't seem to work IF you have any detections listed in the protection history from the controlled folder access feature... if enabled.

Greythorne II, Dec 2, 2019
  4. AndreTen Win User

Clear Windows Security Center (Defender) Protection History

Open Event viewer and find Log "Operational" under Application and service logs / Microsoft / Windows / Windows defender
    Right click on it and select Clear log.

You'll have to log off to clear history

AndreTen, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Security/Protection history - Similar Threads - Security Protection history

2. Protection History

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Protection History: After running Windows Defender Offline Scan shouldn't that activity show up in Protection History? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/protection-history/345164dd-f13b-44ab-b51a-1279ab0ca5d6"
  3. Protection history Crash

in Windows 10 Customization
    Protection history Crash: I scanned a pen-drive which had many folders infected by worm i.e all folders were in the form of .scr file. I scanned using windows defender and accidently I took the action and the folders infected were removed. So I thought to restore the folders. But as soon as I click...
  4. Windows Security - Protection History

Windows Security - Protection History: I got this message in Action Center regarding some security setting in "Windows Security". When I clicked on the message, it brought me to a view called "Protection history" inside "Windows Security", with the following message. "The setting to block potentially unwanted...
  5. Protection history not working

Protection history not working: Windows 10 keeps blocking apps, I have a steam account and whenever I download a game windows just blocks it. So I have to go to my protection history and allow it on my computer. The only problem is that whenever I open windows protection history, it just closes the app, and...
  6. Protection History Crash

Protection History Crash: https://aka.ms/AA63nd4 I downloaded some keylogger samples and WD successfully block all files. But, windows security crashing if i try open protection history. There is no 'reinstall WD' or 'clear protection history' button. https://youtu.be/4ljxz1zUcYA...
  7. Security protection

Security protection: Please confirm that with windows 10 I do not need another security program, (like Mc Afee). https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-protection/2de10cf2-bf76-4675-b6d9-b9bd9bd0059e"
  8. Security protection

Security protection: Do I need McAfee security protection if I have windows security protection? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-protection/9f513c29-c221-43da-ae30-20843f868daf"
  9. Clear Windows Security Center (Defender) Protection History

Clear Windows Security Center (Defender) Protection History: I recall on older versions of Windows Defender (now Windows Security Center) that you could clear the threat history. I have found no such way in current versions of Windows Security Center. Is there a way to do this? I am on Windows 10 1903. 133451
  10. Security protection

Security protection: I need to know if ajtechy is a third party support service for Microsoft. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/mse-protect_scanning-windows_other/security-protection/bf664332-1ccb-4a32-b4a2-f85862f1f492