Windows 10: Windows security Quick Scan not running

Discus and support Windows security Quick Scan not running in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Ran a full scan a week ago then tried to go back to quick scan today. Quick scan will not run. Shows 35 hours to complete whatever scan is running.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by eReader2, Feb 10, 2019.

1. eReader2 Win User

Windows security Quick Scan not running

Ran a full scan a week ago then tried to go back to quick scan today. Quick scan will not run. Shows 35 hours to complete whatever scan is running. I canceled it and tried again, still no quick scan.

:)

eReader2, Feb 10, 2019
  2. BTC55 Win User

Windows Defender - Quick Scan

Windows defender no longer offers a quick scan option.

My options are:

• Scan
    • Advanced Scan
    • Full Scan
    • Custom Scan
    • Windows Defender Offline scan
    Whichever option I check, the scan will need to run for hours to complete.

Is a quick scan available?

How do I restore this feature?

BTC55, Feb 10, 2019
  3. Does Windows Defender Quick scan interrupt Advanced scan?

Before I create a System Image, I run an Advanced scan using Windows Defender, and it typically takes about an hour and the Scan history lists about 4,000,000 files scanned. However, often I see only about 40,000 files scanned, what I get from a Quick scan.

I can think of two explanations that might account for this:

1. The Advanced scan completes, but a Quick scan starts afterwards and wipes out evidence that that the Advanced scan occurred (unless presumably some problem was found).

2. The Advanced scan is interrupted and a Quick scan runs.

Are there other possibilities?

The 2 possibilities listed above are both unsatisfactory because I can tell if an Advanced scan was completed. If an Advanced scan was just completed, there is no reason that a Quick scan should be run automatically.

Mickey Segal, Feb 10, 2019
  4. Windows security Quick Scan not running

Windows Security, list of scanned files

Hi

Regarding the new Windows Security app

Questions:

1) Where can I find a list of files included in latest (quick) scan.?

2) Where can I find a list of file type default not included in a scanning?

3) Where can I find the list of disks included in the next scanning?

Regards

Karsten Nedergaard Rasmussen, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows security Quick Scan not running

1. Windows security Quick Scan not running - Similar Threads - security Quick Scan

2. Window Security opens the app store and unable to run quick scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window Security opens the app store and unable to run quick scan: I noticed that my Windows 11 computer was prompting me to take action with the window security, when I click the quick scan or any of the options from the icon it automatically opens the app store and is unable to do the scan as it used to in window 10. I have also done the...
  3. Window Security opens the app store and unable to run quick scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window Security opens the app store and unable to run quick scan: I noticed that my Windows 11 computer was prompting me to take action with the window security, when I click the quick scan or any of the options from the icon it automatically opens the app store and is unable to do the scan as it used to in window 10. I have also done the...
  4. Quick Scan runs forever

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Quick Scan runs forever: Quick Scan isn't working properly.It just runs for hours and never completes.[Original Title: Quick Scan] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/quick-scan-runs-forever/208a09ed-7fa1-4f41-a410-9b688e2b8bd0
  5. Running WIndows security scan

Running WIndows security scan: Earlier today i ran a Windows and virus and threat protection scan. It removed one threat and said there were still 11 others. I have just run another scan and it has still found 11 threats. why isn't it doing anything about them ?...
  6. Quick Scan won't run

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Scan won't run: I'm trying to run Quick Scan but doesn't seem to run, and where do you go to set a scan schedule? Went to Microsoft>Task Scheduler but every page is grayed-out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-scan-wont-run/deac5c0d-5815-486f-b4dd-b1271862d2d1
  7. Windows Security Quick Scan stopping

Windows Security Quick Scan stopping: I tried running a quick scan in windows security today and halfway through scanning it froze and stopped scanning files, then shortly after windows security stopped working entirely and shut itself off. Restarting windows security or my computer didn't solve the issue....
  8. windows security quick scan

windows security quick scan: when I am starting quick scan at some point of scanning it strucks and not complete the scan what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-security-quick-scan/61e607c8-d79e-4601-bafc-bcc7eb507e4d
  9. quick scan not running automatically

quick scan not running automatically: My laptop with windows s keeps telling me I need to run a quick scan. Why doesn't this run automatically? It always says quick scan due, but never runs....
  10. Quick scan through Windows Security

Quick scan through Windows Security: I just ran a quick scan through Windows Security and it said 5 files scanned. Every time in the past it scanned a little over 20,000 files. Even ran a full scan and it also said 5 files scanned. Why isn't it scanning all files?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows security scan not running