Windows 10: windows security quick scan

Discus and support windows security quick scan in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; when I am starting quick scan at some point of scanning it strucks and not complete the scan what to do... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JagadeeshBendalam, Jan 22, 2020.

1. windows security quick scan

when I am starting quick scan at some point of scanning it strucks and not complete the scan what to do

:)

JagadeeshBendalam, Jan 22, 2020
  2. BTC55 Win User

Windows Defender - Quick Scan

Windows defender no longer offers a quick scan option.

My options are:

• Scan
    • Advanced Scan
    • Full Scan
    • Custom Scan
    • Windows Defender Offline scan
    Whichever option I check, the scan will need to run for hours to complete.

Is a quick scan available?

How do I restore this feature?

BTC55, Jan 22, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Quick Scan?

Not necessarily. The time taken is calculated from the actual start and finish times. If you put the machine to Sleep/Hibernate part way through a scan the time taken will include the time spent asleep. Here's a quick scan that I put to sleep for more than 15 minutes part way through....

windows security quick scan [​IMG]

Uninterrupted, the same quick scan takes 1 minute 23 seconds.

4. windows security quick scan

Windows 10 Professional - Quick Scan Windows Security Does Not Complete

Hi,

I am the admin of a Windows 10 Pro machine, not on a company network.

Windows Security Quick Scan will not complete. I have tried a number of suggestions that I have seen online and nothing seems to work. I can run the offline scan, and all is good. I have also run MalwareBytes and it says the machine is clean.

After trying a number of registry fixes that did not help I did a repair reinstall. The good news is that the Windows Security service no longer closes on its own; but I still can't run a quick scan or a full scan. I can individually scan drives, and
    as noted the offline scan does work.

One suggestion I saw online involved turning on a service call Windows Defender Antivirus Network Inspection service which is currently set to manual. However, that is greyed out and I can't make any changes, even though I am the owner of the machine and
    IT admin has never touched the unit.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

* Moved from Win 10/Security

originalsnuffy, Jan 22, 2020
Thema:

windows security quick scan

1. windows security quick scan - Similar Threads - security quick scan

2. Quick Scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Quick Scan: Quick Scan isn't working properly.It just runs for hours and never completes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/quick-scan/208a09ed-7fa1-4f41-a410-9b688e2b8bd0
  3. Quick scan

Quick scan: My laptops quick scan is not stopping,it has scanned some 5 lakh file today and is still going whereas on any normal day it scan 50 k files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/quick-scan/ccdc3fef-cc4b-4988-bd2d-1e7a80573ca3
  4. do windows security quick, scans scan for malwares, ramsonwares .... etc

do windows security quick, scans scan for malwares, ramsonwares .... etc: other then scanning virus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-windows-security-quick-scans-scan-for-malwares/e0ada0f8-a347-4edf-992b-de63ded1fc41
  5. Microsoft security millions of files quick scan

Microsoft security millions of files quick scan: Microsoft security Quick scan is showing me millions of files, about an hour in, it shows 500 thousand and it doesn't even reach halfway. the bar just stops completely and I have no way to make sure there are that many files on my laptop, somebody please help, my laptop...
  6. Security Essentials Quick Scan will not complete

Security Essentials Quick Scan will not complete: How do I fix this, it just keeps spinning. I have Windows 10S. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/security-essentials-quick-scan-will-not-complete/80a3e010-8eed-4fa1-b4df-29ff171d08af
  7. Windows Security Quick Scan stopping

Windows Security Quick Scan stopping: I tried running a quick scan in windows security today and halfway through scanning it froze and stopped scanning files, then shortly after windows security stopped working entirely and shut itself off. Restarting windows security or my computer didn't solve the issue....
  8. Quick scan through Windows Security

Quick scan through Windows Security: I just ran a quick scan through Windows Security and it said 5 files scanned. Every time in the past it scanned a little over 20,000 files. Even ran a full scan and it also said 5 files scanned. Why isn't it scanning all files?...
  9. Quick Scan?

Quick Scan?: This on a top of the range Surface Pro 4 i7 doing a Quick Scan.....M$ you must be joking. 129520
  10. Windows security Quick Scan not running

Windows security Quick Scan not running: Ran a full scan a week ago then tried to go back to quick scan today. Quick scan will not run. Shows 35 hours to complete whatever scan is running. I canceled it and tried again, still no quick scan....