Windows 10: Windows security refererences a file with undesirable behavior, but it does not show in...

Discus and support Windows security refererences a file with undesirable behavior, but it does not show in... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My Windows 10 Home security repeatedly references a file with undesirable behavior, as follows: C:\users\username\Downloads\ccsetup568.exe. I no doubt... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TF_950, Sep 16, 2020.

1. TF_950 Win User

Windows security refererences a file with undesirable behavior, but it does not show in...

My Windows 10 Home security repeatedly references a file with undesirable behavior, as follows: C:\users\username\Downloads\ccsetup568.exe.

I no doubt downloaded this file in the past, but I stopped using CCleaner months ago.

My File Explorer Downloads folder shows as completely empty. Also the program Everything shows nothing with "piriform" in a file name.

Previously when all this happened with the same file in exactly the same way, I selected the Remove option. However, there was then on screen nothing to remove, as is the case now.

Is there something like a cache clearance for this Windows security feature, since there seems to be a repeating false positive based plausibly on some kind of continuing database error in Windows security?

:)

TF_950, Sep 16, 2020

2. Undesired Behavior: BitLocker Automatically Unlocking System Volume

Win10 Pro, 1909

Upon restart, or cold boot from power-off condition, Bitlocker is unlocking the system volume automatically. This behavior just started tonight. From my understanding, this is not possible, LOL. I've never seen this behavior. See below for a dump of BitLocker status for the system volume C:

The machine BIOS does not have SecureBoot nor TPM. I am using only password security with BitLocker.

Windows security refererences a file with undesirable behavior, but it does not show in... [​IMG]

PushOrSteer, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Undesired Behavior: BitLocker Automatically Unlocking System Volume

After having a few minutes to think, I agree with your suggestions. I can replicate this behavior and technically it can't be happening. Windows Defender full scan shows nothing, as well as Malwarebytes. Whatever is going on, it suggests something nefarious, so it's time to sterilize.

I'll DBAN the drive from an old know-clean CD, then load Linux Mint/LUKS with a flash drive created on another machine.

I was using BitLocker without TPM against my better judgement because I can specify 128-bit encryption vs. 256-bit with VeraCrypt. 256-bit combined with the slower VeraCrypt driver slows the machine down below my comfort level.

Thanks for the reply.

PushOrSteer, Sep 16, 2020
  4. dark2099 Win User

Windows security refererences a file with undesirable behavior, but it does not show in...

Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

The Elder Geek

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows security refererences a file with undesirable behavior, but it does not show in... - Similar Threads - security refererences file

2. Windows search box does not show indexed files - file explorer does

in Cortana
    Windows search box does not show indexed files - file explorer does: What the title says. I've checked the 'index properties and file contents' box in the advanced options for indexing. I have rebuilt my index at least 2 times. I thought that my indexing was not working - but it does. I know this because I can search for file contents through...
  3. Windows search box does not show indexed files - file explorer does

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows search box does not show indexed files - file explorer does: What the title says. I've checked the 'index properties and file contents' box in the advanced options for indexing. I have rebuilt my index at least 2 times. I thought that my indexing was not working - but it does. I know this because I can search for file contents through...
  4. Windows search box does not show indexed files - file explorer does

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Where to find this undesired wallpaper?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where to find this undesired wallpaper?: Accidentally I set a screenshot as wallpaper, probably using one of IrfanViews keyboard shortcuts. Now, when I open the settings to change my desktop background, that undesired image is there among those of the system's themes and stuff. ▼ [img] I searched for it in all...
  6. UNDESIRED FOLDERS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    UNDESIRED FOLDERS: In DOCUMENTS two undesired folders keep appearing right after being definitely removed; their names always begin with AO eg: AOvalue 180 , AOstore17 and ___l eg: ___lwrap91 ___ldefinitions41 and include different files word, excel, acces, txt, pem with ever varying fancy...
  7. Windows Security does not show 'Virus and Threat Protection'

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security does not show 'Virus and Threat Protection': I just bouth the ASUS Zenbook 14 and when I try to enable to to the Virus and Threat Protection window on Windows Security, it's not showing up at all. Any suggestions on how to fix it?...
  8. Undesired Behavior: BitLocker Automatically Unlocking System Volume

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Undesired Behavior: BitLocker Automatically Unlocking System Volume: Win10 Pro, 1909 Upon restart, or cold boot from power-off condition, Bitlocker is unlocking the system volume automatically. This behavior just started tonight. From my understanding, this is not possible, LOL. I've never seen this behavior. See below for a dump of BitLocker...
  9. Windows Files - Create Date behavior

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Files - Create Date behavior: Hello Folks, I have a question regarding the way that Windows (Explorer) handles Dates in files. For example, when I save a file for the first time, it gets a Created date. However, when I copy that file and paste on the same drive (or separate drive - doesn't matter), the...
  10. touchpad scroll showing weird behavior

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    touchpad scroll showing weird behavior: My touchpad has the two-fingers to scroll a page thing enabled. I don't know why but it started showing weird behaviors recently. I usually use a mouse so I didn't notice till recently but every third scroll, the page scrolls in the opposite direction of the last two........