Windows 10: windows security reports firewall off but firewall presents as normal

Discus and support windows security reports firewall off but firewall presents as normal in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Every time I install windows updates or Avira updates with restart, Windows security reports that Comodo, my firewall, is switched off, even though... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BlancoMicro, Dec 1, 2021.

1. windows security reports firewall off but firewall presents as normal

Every time I install windows updates or Avira updates with restart, Windows security reports that Comodo, my firewall, is switched off, even though Comodo presents as "all systems active and running." I click the 'Turn on' button but there is no response, not even an error message. Can you explain this?

:)

BlancoMicro, Dec 1, 2021

2. Best free AV and firewall

Can Windows Firewall block outgoing connections yet? If not, it's one step above useless.

Look into Online Armor for a free firewall.

Deusxmachina, Dec 1, 2021
  3. btarunr Win User
    Router Firewall?

Your router firewall lets you configure basic things like "Attack Protection", "DOS Protection" and service filtering with basic options for disabling HTTP, Telnet, FTP, TFTP, SNMP from external networks where you still get your internet from your ISP's gateway and every other communication from the WAN is blocked. You can also set up a service filter list in many cases. This is nifty. Though protection from the router isn't an alternative for even software firewalls, leave alone hardware ones. You will need a good software firewall such as free Zone Alarm / the firewall that comes with your security suite, if you're paranoid about security, else a properly updated Windows installation with the Windows Firewall is a good thing too.

btarunr, Dec 1, 2021
  4. windows security reports firewall off but firewall presents as normal

firewall

Hi Jackie,

For you to be able to get to your firewall, please follow the steps below:

• Go to start Button.
    • Open Windows defender Security Center.
    • Then go to Firewall & network protection.
    • Then choose a network profile.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Dec 1, 2021
Thema:

windows security reports firewall off but firewall presents as normal

1. windows security reports firewall off but firewall presents as normal - Similar Threads - security reports firewall

2. windows firewall and multiple other firewalls are turned off.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows firewall and multiple other firewalls are turned off.: So the message says but it's not true. Windows Defender Firewall is indeed off and that's because it interferes with MediaMonkey. However ZoneAlarm is on so why would Windows think this? This others me....
  3. windows security reports firewall off but firewall presents as normal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows security reports firewall off but firewall presents as normal: Every time I install windows updates or Avira updates with restart, Windows security reports that Comodo, my firewall, is switched off, even though Comodo presents as "all systems active and running." I click the 'Turn on' button but there is no response, not even an error...
  4. windows security reports firewall off but firewall presents as normal

windows security reports firewall off but firewall presents as normal: Every time I install windows updates or Avira updates with restart, Windows security reports that Comodo, my firewall, is switched off, even though Comodo presents as "all systems active and running." I click the 'Turn on' button but there is no response, not even an error...
  5. Firewalls and App Security

Firewalls and App Security: I run a program for my CAD called CREO and it requires a license to run. Whenever thee is a windows update it won't start stating a license error. I disable the virus protection and turn the wi fi off and it normally starts again. Wondering if there is something I can do...
  6. turn off windows security, anti virus and firewall

turn off windows security, anti virus and firewall: cannot import app, laplink, whilst defender and firewall is active https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-windows-security-anti-virus-and-firewall/c887e70b-a733-4a30-a0f2-b91a6eb05e2e
  7. Firewall turned off

Firewall turned off: Why am I receiving message firewall is turned off, but when I check security firewall is on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/firewall-turned-off/c12a23bd-426d-4406-91d4-54f50be196cd
  8. Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off

Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off: Have just started using Windows 10 (after years on Windows 8) and am generally happy with it, but I am constantly getting a notification telling me that "Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off; tap or click to see available options". But I go to Windows...
  9. Is this a Security/Firewall issue?

Is this a Security/Firewall issue?: Never experienced this before and have no idea of what it means or how to proceed. This is the onscreen msg (browser is firefox): Error: Failed to connect to 127.0.0.1 port 9050: Connection refused 116745
  10. turn off windows firewall and kaspersky internet security

turn off windows firewall and kaspersky internet security: hi [img] how turn on? i click in view firewall option and click turn on kaspersky but it isnt work 43268