Windows 10: Windows Security Scan finds Virus, Is a blocked Virus still on System

Discus and support Windows Security Scan finds Virus, Is a blocked Virus still on System in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I recently noticed some changes to Windows Security. No longer is there a delete option after taking actions against a Virus. If the action result... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by weave, Oct 5, 2019.

1. weave Win User

Windows Security Scan finds Virus, Is a blocked Virus still on System

Hi,

I recently noticed some changes to Windows Security. No longer is there a delete option after taking actions against a Virus. If the action result shows the Virus is blocked does the Virus still remain on the System ? If so is there any way to permanently remove the Virus without resorting to a Windows reset / reinstall ?

Thanks in Advance

:)

weave, Oct 5, 2019

2. Virus - Please solve me how to deal with this virus

Simple. Virus scanners and virus programs are reactive, not proactive. This means the virus will come out infect computers, unfortunately yours, and the the virus scanners will be updated to handle the new threat. It is the nature of the game and applies to all virus scanners.

Fine a Anti-virus program that is updated frequently, does active scans of recently used files, and does some kind of Spyware block (separate program if needed). Its the best you can do.

I recommend AVG, Nod32 is good, and Clam Windows edition. I also agree with Mussels. Restart system in safe mode, run a full system scan using Ccleaner, then your anti-virus program, then your anti-spyware program. Or format away.

TheLaughingMan, Oct 5, 2019
  3. Facebook and Virus Problem (Solved but still open for coment)

I would run one of these 2, you dont need to login to fb to do it

Malware Checkpoint for Facebook | Facebook

We currently offer two products for all of our users: McAfee's Scan and Repair andMicrosoft's Security Essentials.

• The McAfee option will download a small program onto your Windows computer to perform a one-time scan of your system for malware. It will not interfere with your existing anti-virus or other security products. After it scans your system, it will give you the option to automatically or manually remove the files it flags as malicious.
    • The Microsoft Security Essentials option is a full anti-virus product. Upon download and install, it will add anti-virus software to your computer that will continue to protect your system with the latest anti-virus signatures from Microsoft.

CAPSLOCKSTUCK, Oct 5, 2019
  4. Windows Security Scan finds Virus, Is a blocked Virus still on System

Anti Virus Firewall spyware?....now test it to see if it works.

Pwnd:
    Error 001

Security Scan and Virus Detection do not work with your operating system. To run Security Scan and Virus Detection, you must be using Windows 98/ME, NT 4.0 Workstation/2000 Pro/XP, or Mac OS 8.1 or higher.

DanTheBanjoman, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows Security Scan finds Virus, Is a blocked Virus still on System

1. Windows Security Scan finds Virus, Is a blocked Virus still on System - Similar Threads - Security Scan finds

2. Virus Scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus Scan: Hi all,When I select Virus Scan in Windows 11, be it quick scan or custom scan, there is no response to my request. It does nothing. Any advice anyone? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-scan/f310d87c-b91e-498c-9859-ffbfdd7e02c9
  3. Cannot find Virus from scan?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot find Virus from scan?: Hello, I've been having issues with a virus that's on my computer. A couple of days ago I must've downloaded something that windows anti-virus quarantined or deleted, but thinking it was just windows trying to remove the file I restored it only to see windows did need to...
  4. Cannot find Virus from scan?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot find Virus from scan?: Hello, I've been having issues with a virus that's on my computer. A couple of days ago I must've downloaded something that windows anti-virus quarantined or deleted, but thinking it was just windows trying to remove the file I restored it only to see windows did need to...
  5. A Virus blocked Windows Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A Virus blocked Windows Security: Hello, can you please help me with this issue?The day before yesterday my pc was attacked and I managed to get out of it formatting windows, now this appears when I try to run windows security, can you please help me to get access to it.[Original Title: VIRUS ? HELP!]...
  6. virus scan blocking downloads

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    virus scan blocking downloads: I cannot download/open any pdf files from email or internet. Keeps giving me virus scan failed. Is there a setting that I need to adjust? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-scan-blocking-downloads/414b2886-73de-447e-9051-28ea322d2a16
  7. virus scan

virus scan: My stream keeps informing me of a needed virus scan. i do one and it never stops running. Everything seems fine but the quick scan is still going at it hours later. Can't find anything on it....
  8. Windows Security Virus Scan

Windows Security Virus Scan: This issue just started the last couple days. The actions needed notification advises that the virus protection is turned off and should be restarted. I go into Windows Security and press the restart but after doing whatever for a couple minutes, it states there was an error...
  9. Windows Security Scan finds Virus, Is a blocked Virus still on System

Windows Security Scan finds Virus, Is a blocked Virus still on System: Hi, I recently noticed some changes to Windows Security. No longer is there a delete option after taking actions against a Virus. If the action result shows the Virus is blocked does the Virus still remain on the System ? If so is there any way to permanently remove the...
  10. scanning for viruses

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    scanning for viruses: Could you tell me how to use Windows Defender? I usually open the folders, then close them before starting the scanning. Will the scanning look through all the folders and programs if I don’t open these folders?...