Windows 10: Windows Security Scan finds Virus, Is a blocked Virus still on System

Discus and support Windows Security Scan finds Virus, Is a blocked Virus still on System in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I recently noticed some changes to Windows Security. No longer is there a delete option after taking actions against a Virus. If the action result... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by weave, Oct 5, 2019.

1. weave Win User

Windows Security Scan finds Virus, Is a blocked Virus still on System

Hi,

I recently noticed some changes to Windows Security. No longer is there a delete option after taking actions against a Virus. If the action result shows the Virus is blocked does the Virus still remain on the System ? If so is there any way to permanently remove the Virus without resorting to a Windows reset / reinstall ?

Thanks in Advance

:)

weave, Oct 5, 2019

2. Virus - Please solve me how to deal with this virus

Simple. Virus scanners and virus programs are reactive, not proactive. This means the virus will come out infect computers, unfortunately yours, and the the virus scanners will be updated to handle the new threat. It is the nature of the game and applies to all virus scanners.

Fine a Anti-virus program that is updated frequently, does active scans of recently used files, and does some kind of Spyware block (separate program if needed). Its the best you can do.

I recommend AVG, Nod32 is good, and Clam Windows edition. I also agree with Mussels. Restart system in safe mode, run a full system scan using Ccleaner, then your anti-virus program, then your anti-spyware program. Or format away.

TheLaughingMan, Oct 5, 2019
  3. Facebook and Virus Problem (Solved but still open for coment)

I would run one of these 2, you dont need to login to fb to do it

Malware Checkpoint for Facebook | Facebook

We currently offer two products for all of our users: McAfee's Scan and Repair andMicrosoft's Security Essentials.

• The McAfee option will download a small program onto your Windows computer to perform a one-time scan of your system for malware. It will not interfere with your existing anti-virus or other security products. After it scans your system, it will give you the option to automatically or manually remove the files it flags as malicious.
    • The Microsoft Security Essentials option is a full anti-virus product. Upon download and install, it will add anti-virus software to your computer that will continue to protect your system with the latest anti-virus signatures from Microsoft.

CAPSLOCKSTUCK, Oct 5, 2019
  4. Windows Security Scan finds Virus, Is a blocked Virus still on System

Anti Virus Firewall spyware?....now test it to see if it works.

Pwnd:
    Error 001

Security Scan and Virus Detection do not work with your operating system. To run Security Scan and Virus Detection, you must be using Windows 98/ME, NT 4.0 Workstation/2000 Pro/XP, or Mac OS 8.1 or higher.

DanTheBanjoman, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows Security Scan finds Virus, Is a blocked Virus still on System

1. Windows Security Scan finds Virus, Is a blocked Virus still on System - Similar Threads - Security Scan finds

2. Windows Security Scan finds Virus, Is a blocked Virus still on System

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security Scan finds Virus, Is a blocked Virus still on System: Hi, I recently noticed some changes to Windows Security. No longer is there a delete option after taking actions against a Virus. If the action result shows the Virus is blocked does the Virus still remain on the System ? If so is there any way to permanently remove the...
  3. Defender virus scan

Defender virus scan: When I try to scan in Windows Defender, I get a notice in red: "Your Virus & threat protection is managed by your organization." What does this mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defender-virus-scan/91a276bf-4e55-434a-81f5-6a85212ee6d7"
  4. virus scan

virus scan: defender virus scanning not work? Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-scan/e79013c5-98b4-4c40-8276-3ceb5b3c5175
  5. Virus Scan Failed

Virus Scan Failed: Attempts at downloading documents results in Virus scan failed message. This occurs on Crome and Edge and does not seem to be associated with McAfee. Any ideas how to fix this issue?...
  6. virus scan failed

virus scan failed: whenever i try o download anything it says virus scan failed. macafee web advisor wont uninstall either https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-scan-failed/ec932c18-be40-490d-acc3-29d35854d2b4
  7. Ran Offline Virus Scan, Can Find No Results of Scan

Ran Offline Virus Scan, Can Find No Results of Scan: Windows 10 Pro: Tried running an offline scan today on a newly-built PC. When I returned I found Windows had booted to the desktop but there was no 'results' report on what offline scan had found or didn't find. How do I get the results of an offline scan?...
  8. Pc Blocked - Virus

Pc Blocked - Virus: Hello. I was looking some clips at internet and then some website pop up. Right after i got warning from Windows abouth virus. What should i do? I have turned comp off and then again on, but its still there so im lost. Ty [moved from German forums]...
  9. Peripherials virus scan??

Peripherials virus scan??: I've never thought about this before but does the Microsoft Security Essentials or any other anti virus that when it does a full scan, does it also scan anything plugged into the USB port like a camera or a external backup drive? Or does it only do the main drive with the OS...
  10. scanning for viruses

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    scanning for viruses: Could you tell me how to use Windows Defender? I usually open the folders, then close them before starting the scanning. Will the scanning look through all the folders and programs if I don’t open these folders?...