Windows 10: Windows security scan

Discus and support Windows security scan in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi all, Recently I ran my windows security scanner and noticed that my internet connection suddenly disappeared at some point during the scan. The... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by asdf_2018, Mar 26, 2020 at 6:57 AM.

1. asdf_2018 Win User

Windows security scan

Hi all,

Recently I ran my windows security scanner and noticed that my internet connection suddenly disappeared at some point during the scan. The same thing happened when I ran McAfee so I was wondering whether this is normal for the scanning process. as it is not mentioned anywhere.

Thanks!

:)

2. scanned documents

Hello,

By default, scans are saved in a Scans folder inside the Pictures. Here are the steps on how to get there:

• Press Windows and type pictures
    • Click Pictures and double-click the Scans folder.

Furthermore, we suggest that you repair your Word application by following the steps on this

link

Let us know how that turned out for you.

3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    security scan

Hi,

It's possible that some corrupted system files are preventing Windows Defender from running a scan on your computer. we'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • Did you make any changes to your computer before this happened?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As initial recommendation, we suggest performing a clean boot to find out if this behavior is
    caused by a third-party program. This will load Windows with minimal drivers and programs, preventing software conflicts from occurring. If you can perform a security scan in a clean boot environment, check the section How to determine
    what is causing the problem by performing a clean boot
    for what to do next.

Note: To return your computer back to normal, check the section How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting.

We'll wait for your response and the results of the initial troubleshooting.

4. Windows security scan

Windows Security, list of scanned files

Hi

Regarding the new Windows Security app

Questions:

1) Where can I find a list of files included in latest (quick) scan.?

2) Where can I find a list of file type default not included in a scanning?

3) Where can I find the list of disks included in the next scanning?

Regards

Karsten Nedergaard Rasmussen, Mar 26, 2020 at 7:03 AM
Thema:

Windows security scan

1. Windows security scan - Similar Threads - security scan

2. Windows Security shows no progress for any kind of scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security shows no progress for any kind of scan: Windows Security System Information - Antimalware Client Version: 4.18.2003.8 Engine Version: 1.1.16900.4 Antivirus Version: 1.313.53.0 Antispyware Version: 1.313.53.0 For quick scan or indeed any kind of scan no progress is shown in the progress bar [ATTACH]...
  3. How long does a quick scan in Windows Security take?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How long does a quick scan in Windows Security take?: Windows Security scans roughly 18k files in about 40 seconds on my pc. Is this normal? submitted by /u/Lauty_6 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f7x3tt/how_long_does_a_quick_scan_in_windows_security/
  4. Why does microsoft security essentials take so long to scan?

Why does microsoft security essentials take so long to scan?: Why does microsoft security essentials take so long to scan? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/why-does-microsoft-security-essentials-take-so/cb95bd28-bad4-4490-be3e-b54f154d7578
  5. windows defender security scan freeze

windows defender security scan freeze: In my windows 10 earlier quick scan was stuck at some item number now all security scans quick scan, full scan, offline scan and custom scan are stuck at some item number. item number is not specific. wait for your reply......
  6. windows security quick scan

windows security quick scan: when I am starting quick scan at some point of scanning it strucks and not complete the scan what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-security-quick-scan/61e607c8-d79e-4601-bafc-bcc7eb507e4d
  7. Windows 10 Professional - Quick Scan Windows Security Does Not Complete

Windows 10 Professional - Quick Scan Windows Security Does Not Complete: Hi, I am the admin of a Windows 10 Pro machine, not on a company network. Windows Security Quick Scan will not complete. I have tried a number of suggestions that I have seen online and nothing seems to work. I can run the offline scan, and all is good. I have also...
  8. Windows 10 Professional - Quick Scan Windows Security Does Not Complete

Windows 10 Professional - Quick Scan Windows Security Does Not Complete: Hi, I am the admin of a Windows 10 Pro machine, not on a company network. Windows Security Quick Scan will not complete. I have tried a number of suggestions that I have seen online and nothing seems to work. I can run the offline scan, and all is good. I have also...
  9. My McAfee security scan will not complete due to C:\Windows\System32?

My McAfee security scan will not complete due to C:\Windows\System32?: My McAfee security scan will not complete due to C:\Windows\System32? I believe part of it lost during Windows 10 upload or update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mcafee-security-scan-will-not-complete-due-to/8b3abe82-d8c0-4c45-bcd7-c8d2e4a00c0d"
  10. Windows 10 Security is driving me crazy! Full scans goes back to the desktop screen

Windows 10 Security is driving me crazy! Full scans goes back to the desktop screen: Hi, I downloaded Windows 10 last year and overall I'm happy with the OS. The one thing driving me crazy is the virus scanner. I hope I can describe this clearly and to the point. Some background info: I randomly scan the computer whenever I have the urge to do so. Not...