Windows 10: Windows security scan

Discus and support Windows security scan in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi all, Recently I ran my windows security scanner and noticed that my internet connection suddenly disappeared at some point during the scan. The... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by asdf_2018, Mar 26, 2020.

1. asdf_2018 Win User

Windows security scan

Hi all,

Recently I ran my windows security scanner and noticed that my internet connection suddenly disappeared at some point during the scan. The same thing happened when I ran McAfee so I was wondering whether this is normal for the scanning process. as it is not mentioned anywhere.

Thanks!

:)

asdf_2018, Mar 26, 2020

2. scanned documents

Hello,

By default, scans are saved in a Scans folder inside the Pictures. Here are the steps on how to get there:

• Press Windows and type pictures
    • Click Pictures and double-click the Scans folder.

Furthermore, we suggest that you repair your Word application by following the steps on this

link

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    security scan

Hi,

It's possible that some corrupted system files are preventing Windows Defender from running a scan on your computer. we'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • Did you make any changes to your computer before this happened?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As initial recommendation, we suggest performing a clean boot to find out if this behavior is
    caused by a third-party program. This will load Windows with minimal drivers and programs, preventing software conflicts from occurring. If you can perform a security scan in a clean boot environment, check the section How to determine
    what is causing the problem by performing a clean boot
    for what to do next.

Note: To return your computer back to normal, check the section How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting.

We'll wait for your response and the results of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Windows security scan

Windows Security, list of scanned files

Hi

Regarding the new Windows Security app

Questions:

1) Where can I find a list of files included in latest (quick) scan.?

2) Where can I find a list of file type default not included in a scanning?

3) Where can I find the list of disks included in the next scanning?

Regards

Karsten Nedergaard Rasmussen, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows security scan

1. Windows security scan - Similar Threads - security scan

2. Security scan issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security scan issues: While running the security scan, several files will show infection, but toward the end of the scan it seems to lock, stop and then self terminate. Afterward states that nothing was found. If I run the scan again, I get the same result. This has happened serval times now. Any...
  3. Security scan issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security scan issues: While running the security scan, several files will show infection, but toward the end of the scan it seems to lock, stop and then self terminate. Afterward states that nothing was found. If I run the scan again, I get the same result. This has happened serval times now. Any...
  4. how can i run a security scan on windows 11 s?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i run a security scan on windows 11 s?: how do I run a security scan on windows 11S? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-run-a-security-scan-on-windows-11-s/f0cc794e-1be1-4016-918a-bc04330d312a
  5. how can i run a security scan on windows 11 s?

how can i run a security scan on windows 11 s?: how do I run a security scan on windows 11S? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-run-a-security-scan-on-windows-11-s/f0cc794e-1be1-4016-918a-bc04330d312a
  6. how can i run a security scan on windows 11 s?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. How do I uninstall McAfee Security Scan Plus from Windows 10 PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I uninstall McAfee Security Scan Plus from Windows 10 PC?: HELP! I did not know I was installing McAfee Security Scan Plus when I installed "free" Acrobat Reader! I have tried everything to uninstall and remove it! I already have antivirus software and this slows the computer down. How do I get rid of it?...
  8. How do I uninstall McAfee Security Scan Plus from Windows 10 PC?

How do I uninstall McAfee Security Scan Plus from Windows 10 PC?: HELP! I did not know I was installing McAfee Security Scan Plus when I installed "free" Acrobat Reader! I have tried everything to uninstall and remove it! I already have antivirus software and this slows the computer down. How do I get rid of it?...
  9. How do I uninstall McAfee Security Scan Plus from Windows 10 PC?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. How do I uninstall MacAfee Security Scan?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I uninstall MacAfee Security Scan?: I did not mean to install McAfee. I installed "free Acrobat" and without my knowledge it put McAfee Security Scan Plus on my Windows 10 Desktop. I already have antivirus and a firewall on this computer and I do not want McAfee, I have tried everything to uninstall it! HELP!...