Windows 10: Windows Security Screen - Can't type in password

Discus and support Windows Security Screen - Can't type in password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; New PC. Windows security keeps asking to "fix" my account. Window security screen pops up and asks for password but, won't accept input into the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BKAndy, Jan 30, 2021.

1. BKAndy Win User

Windows Security Screen - Can't type in password

New PC. Windows security keeps asking to "fix" my account.

Window security screen pops up and asks for password but, won't accept input into the password field. I've tried doing it from both physical and virtual keyboard.

Keyboard input to the security screen works fine on my laptop. Anyone have a suggestion.

:)

BKAndy, Jan 30, 2021

2. Upgrade to windows 10. Current password doesn t work

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

Please let us know

• Are you logged in with a local account or Microsoft account?
    • Have you tried typing the password with On-Screen keyboard?
    I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: On-Screen Keyboard

You may use the accessibility options to pop open a on-screen keyboard and type the password from there to make sure you are typing the correct password.

If the issue persists,

Step 2:

If you see your email address listed there, it must be a Microsoft account. You will be able to reset the password and log in if your PC is connected to internet.

Refer,

You can't sign in to your Microsoft account

Hope this information was helpful.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Jan 30, 2021
  3. Cannot type password into Windows login screen

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better. I like to know; when you type password, are you able to view the black dots in the password area?

I suggest you to start your computer in safe and check if the same issue persist.

To start your system in safe mode follow the below steps:

• Press and hold Shift key and
      restart
      your Computer.

• Select Troubleshoot.

• Select Advance Option.

• Select Startup Settings.

• Follow the on Screen instruction.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jan 30, 2021
  4. Windows Security Screen - Can't type in password

Windows 10 password security

Hi James,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I’ll certainly help you with this.

• What is the exact error message you get when you enter the password?
    • Did you reset the password again?

If you haven't, I suggest you to Reset your password
    and check.

While entering the password, I suggest you to enter the password from the On screen keyboard. To do so, follow these steps.

• On the Lock screen, click on the Ease of access button near the Power button.
    • Enable the Onscreen keyboard and enter the password.
    • Before hitting enter, click on the eye logo to confirm the password and hit
      enter.

Hope this helps you. Let us know if the issue persist. We'll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

Windows Security Screen - Can't type in password

1. Windows Security Screen - Can't type in password - Similar Threads - Security Screen Can't

2. Can't type in the Taskbar or wifi password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't type in the Taskbar or wifi password?: For some reason my computer won't let me type in the Taskbar, settings, or type in a wifi password, and it also won't let me connect to the internet. It will let me type in search engines but just not anything Microsoft related. I've looked up guides to fix it but nothing is...
  3. Can't type in the Taskbar or wifi password?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't type in the Taskbar or wifi password?: For some reason my computer won't let me type in the Taskbar, settings, or type in a wifi password, and it also won't let me connect to the internet. It will let me type in search engines but just not anything Microsoft related. I've looked up guides to fix it but nothing is...
  4. Can't type my password on Windows 11 Start Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't type my password on Windows 11 Start Screen: I can't access my PC because it won't let me type my password into the start-up box.It only accepts numbers into the PIN box for some reason, but my password contains both numbers and letters. Because I no longer have access to the email I used to start this PC, and there's...
  5. Can't type my password on Windows 11 Start Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't type my password on Windows 11 Start Screen: I can't access my PC because it won't let me type my password into the start-up box.It only accepts numbers into the PIN box for some reason, but my password contains both numbers and letters. Because I no longer have access to the email I used to start this PC, and there's...
  6. Can't Type Password in Microsoft Login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Type Password in Microsoft Login: So today I had to change my cpu cooler because the AIO pump decided to die. I've changed my cooler and when I booted the pc up, lt said something happened and my PIN can't be used anymore and had to create it again. I clicked where it says create my pin, directs me to...
  7. Can't type password on lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't type password on lock screen: I connected my laptop to the microsoft account. After that I restarted the laptop. In the lock screen windows asked to sign in to microsoft account. But can't type password. I'm using windows 10...
  8. Can't type in password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't type in password: I tried to login in and just m abc.... keys arn't doing anything they just don't work. I have tested 3 keyboards and still nothing. its when i try to type my passwords in BTW....
  9. Windows 10 - Can't type password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 - Can't type password: So when I left, my computer stayed on and I wanted to lock it, I went to my Microsoft account and locked it remotely. Once I got back to my computer and I tried to login, suddenly the login screen disappeared and now I am unable to access it. I tried everything: restarted it,...
  10. can't type my password on login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't type my password on login screen: Good Morning, I have windows 10 home all in one pc. I have attached wireless keyboard and mouse with it. when I try to type my password it says not available. I have to press Fn and space bar many times after that I can type my password. done system restore to previous...