Windows 10: Windows Security shows "Potentially unwanted app found" but nothing appears on Protection...

Discus and support Windows Security shows "Potentially unwanted app found" but nothing appears on Protection... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have entered safe mode and deleted the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History folder as some people have suggested and this has not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TrollTheClown, Feb 22, 2024.

1. Windows Security shows "Potentially unwanted app found" but nothing appears on Protection...

I have entered safe mode and deleted the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History folder as some people have suggested and this has not helped. How can I see what the potentially unwanted application is and if I wanted keep it. How do I remove the notifications.

:)

TrollTheClown, Feb 22, 2024

2. Potentially Unwanted App Found (Not)

Yesterday, I got a notification for a Potentially Unwanted App Found. I briefly went through the steps to find the app, but I got nowhere. Today, I received another notification so I took the time to research the entire paradigm for discovering the app. I opened Windows Security from the notification. I next went to App and Browser Control. However, there is no [Review] box under Reputation-based Protection. (All the settings in this section are set to Default). There must be something that is activating the notification, but nothing is showing up either on Microsoft or Malware Fighter. Any assistance would be appreciated as this is already becoming annoying. I am running Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1826).

LAHollywood, Feb 22, 2024
  3. Windows Security shows "Potentially unwanted app found" but nothing appears on Protection history

I am on Windows 11 and Windows Security keeps notifying me on the system tray with the yellow exclamation point that actions are recommended. After clicking the icon, the problem is within the App & browser control saying "Potentially unwanted app found. Your device may perform poorly." However, after clicking the review button, the Protection history shows nothing, only "No recent actions." I performed virus scan with Kaspersky Internet Security and Malwarebytes and both show no threats. I don't want to simply dismiss the prompt without knowing the cause. Is it a bug or it really detected something? What should I do?

EtherealDarkFlame, Feb 22, 2024
  4. Brink Win User

Windows Security shows "Potentially unwanted app found" but nothing appears on Protection...

Potentially unwanted apps will now be blocked by default in Windows

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...b-a17e0ab6289e

Enable or Disable Microsoft Defender PUA Protection in Windows 10

Turn On or Off Potentially Unwanted App Protection in Microsoft Edge

Brink, Feb 22, 2024
Thema:

Windows Security shows "Potentially unwanted app found" but nothing appears on Protection...

1. Windows Security shows "Potentially unwanted app found" but nothing appears on Protection... - Similar Threads - Security shows Potentially

2. Windows Security shows "Potentially unwanted app found" but nothing appears on Protection...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security shows "Potentially unwanted app found" but nothing appears on Protection...: I have entered safe mode and deleted the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History folder as some people have suggested and this has not helped. How can I see what the potentially unwanted application is and if I wanted keep it. How do I remove the...
  3. Windows Security shows "Potentially unwanted app found" but nothing appears on Protection...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security shows "Potentially unwanted app found" but nothing appears on Protection...: I attempted to go to here: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Service And view the file Detections.log., but I am unable to access the folder...
  4. Windows Security shows "Potentially unwanted app found" but nothing appears on Protection...

Windows Security shows "Potentially unwanted app found" but nothing appears on Protection...: I attempted to go to here: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Service And view the file Detections.log., but I am unable to access the folder...
  5. Windows Security shows "Potentially unwanted app found" but nothing appears on Protection...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security shows "Potentially unwanted app found" but nothing appears on Protection...: I am on Windows 11 and Windows Security keeps notifying me on the system tray with the yellow exclamation point that actions are recommended. After clicking the icon, the problem is within the App & browser control saying "Potentially unwanted app found. Your device may...
  6. Potentially Unwanted App Found

Potentially Unwanted App Found: I get the potentially unwanted app PUA found, go to settings, security, app and browser control and see Actions recommended. PUA found Click on review, again get PUA found. Do you want this app to make changes to your device. Click NO. But still have PUA. How do I get rid of...
  7. Potentially Unwanted App Found

Potentially Unwanted App Found: I get the potentially unwanted app PUA found, go to settings, security, app and browser control and see Actions recommended. PUA found Click on review, again get PUA found. Do you want this app to make changes to your device. Click NO. But still have PUA. How do I get rid of...
  8. Potentially Unwanted App Found

Potentially Unwanted App Found: Hi, i got this notification about unwanted app but when i clic on remove it doesn't do anything. I even uninstalled the app but its still stuck in there and won't go away. I restarted the pc but still nothing..idk how to get rid of that thing..Like I can dismiss it but can it...
  9. Protection History Warning - Potentially unwanted app found

Protection History Warning - Potentially unwanted app found: This just popped up, potentially unwanted app found. Detected MiniTool_Partition_Wizard_Bundleinstaller?? Tried Remove, Quarantine - does not remove the Yellow Triangle. Anybody else seen this?? False positive?? Had 2 instances, blocked the first one. 161416
  10. Potentially unwanted app found

Potentially unwanted app found: How do I remove this thing? It keeps showing up even if I just selected remove action. Well I mean I did run 3 full scans and it still shows up even when I put it in quarantine nor remove. In short it just wont disappear [ATTACH]...