Windows 10: Windows Security skipped 1 file, how can I see what it was?

Discus and support Windows Security skipped 1 file, how can I see what it was? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I scan my computer with Windows Security frequently-- usually once a day. About once a week I'll do a full scan, and maybe once every other week I'll... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Michael_102, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Windows Security skipped 1 file, how can I see what it was?

I scan my computer with Windows Security frequently-- usually once a day. About once a week I'll do a full scan, and maybe once every other week I'll do an offline scan, but for daily scans I do quick scan.

Tonight I did a quick scan and in Notifications it says that Windows Security skipped 1 file due to my exclusions or network settings, something like that. It's never skipped a file before, and I haven't set any exclusions-- in fact, when I go to the screen for exclusions there are no exclusions showing.

I want to know which file was skipped, because I want to be sure there's nothing suspicious going on, but I can't see any place to list any files that were excluded. Is there a way to list the excluded files?

I did a second quick scan and got the same message.

I did an offline scan and didn't see any messages.

I'm doing a full scan now to see if it shows the message.

If I haven't set any exclusions, what other reasons might it have for excluding a file? And how can I see which file was skipped? What's especially puzzling is that I've never seen it skip a file before.

EDIT -- Full scan completed and shows the same message in Notifications: "The Windows Defender Antivirus scan skipped an item due to exclusion or network scanning settings." But I haven't changed any settings, I have no exclusions set, and this is a private home network. If this is perfectly okay then that's fine, but it's never skipped any items before tonight, and I just want to know what item was skipped so I'll know whether or not I've got a possible problem.

* Moved from Win 10/Security

:)

Michael_102, Mar 17, 2020

2. Windows Security skipped 1 file, how can I see what it was?

I scan my computer with Windows Security frequently-- usually once a day. About once a week I'll do a full scan, and maybe once every other week I'll do an offline scan, but for daily scans I do quick scan.

Tonight I did a quick scan and in Notifications it says that Windows Security skipped 1 file due to my exclusions or network settings, something like that. It's never skipped a file before, and I haven't set any exclusions-- in fact, when I go to the screen
    for exclusions there are no exclusions showing.

I want to know which file was skipped, because I want to be sure there's nothing suspicious going on, but I can't see any place to list any files that were excluded. Is there a way to list the excluded file(s)?

I did a second quick scan and got the same message.

I did an offline scan and didn't see any messages.

I'm doing a full scan now to see if it shows the message.

If I haven't set any exclusions, what other reasons might it have for excluding a file? And how can I see which file was skipped? What's especially puzzling is that I've never seen it skip a file before.

EDIT -- Full scan completed and shows the same message in Notifications: "The Windows Defender Antivirus scan skipped an item due to exclusion or network scanning settings." But I haven't changed any settings, I have no exclusions set, and this is a private
    home network. If this is perfectly okay then that's fine, but it's never skipped any items before tonight, and I just want to know what item was skipped so I'll know whether or not I've got a possible problem.

Michael_102, Mar 17, 2020
  3. security failure update

Hello PJOC_56,

To better assist you, I'd like to know the following:

• Are you getting any error messages when checking for updates?
    • Confirm the most recent KB update that your computer is trying to install. To check, refer to the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + I, select Update & Security.
    • Go to Windows Update, click on View installed update history.

Please verify if you're using any 3rd-party antivirus software. If yes, we recommend to try disabling it and proceed on installing the update.

If the issue still occurs, we recommend performing the steps below:

Step 1: Delete Temp Files

1. Press Windows key + R, then type in TEMP
    and press Enter.

2. Delete all files and folders.

3. Skip files that cant be deleted.

Step 2: Delete %Temp% Files

1. Press Windows key + R, then type in
    %TEMP% and press Enter.

2. Delete all files and folders.

3. Skip files that cant be deleted.

Step 3: Delete Software Distribution Folder

1. Press Windows key + R, then type in %windir% and press
    Enter.

2. Go to Software Distribution Folder.

3. Delete all files and folders

4. Skip files that cant be deleted.

5. Check for the update.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Mar 17, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows Security skipped 1 file, how can I see what it was?

95Viper, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows Security skipped 1 file, how can I see what it was?

1. Windows Security skipped 1 file, how can I see what it was? - Similar Threads - Security skipped file

2. How can I skip Windows update KB5031356

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I skip Windows update KB5031356: How can I skip or avoid Windows update KB5031356.It will not install on my HP Laptop, and every time I try to install it, it fails and then locks my laptop up for hours trying to configure. I want/need other updates but is there any way I can automatically reject or ignore...
  3. How can I skip the KB5027215 Windows Update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I skip the KB5027215 Windows Update?: HiI have heard numerous concerning reports about the KB5027215 Windows Update causing many problems with Windows 10, including even brinking the Windows Update service itself, and I don't feel the risk is worth it to see if I also receive the same problems with KB5027215 that...
  4. How can I see what Windows version my key is for?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I see what Windows version my key is for?: I recently reset my laptop and reinstalled Windows 10 Home, but now my windows Activation status says that the current key cannot be used for this Windows copy. How can i determine which version it's supposed to be used for? Thank you in advance....
  5. How can I see what Windows version my key is for?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I see what Windows version my key is for?: I recently reset my laptop and reinstalled Windows 10 Home, but now my windows Activation status says that the current key cannot be used for this Windows copy. How can i determine which version it's supposed to be used for? Thank you in advance....
  6. How can I see what Windows version my key is for?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. I can see a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can see a file: Hi. I need advice. I connect an external memory full of things in my pc. Some file name's end in js. and I can't see it. What I need to do to see those files. I have Windows 10. Thanks....
  8. Windows Security skipped 1 file, how can I see what it was?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security skipped 1 file, how can I see what it was?: I scan my computer with Windows Security frequently-- usually once a day. About once a week I'll do a full scan, and maybe once every other week I'll do an offline scan, but for daily scans I do quick scan. Tonight I did a quick scan and in Notifications it says that...
  9. Where will i see my skip files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where will i see my skip files?: Hi, i am using windows 10. I was trying to move some files from my desk top to a document folder. However, when it was prompting whether i replace, skip or cancel, i accidentally clicked “skip” :( where will i see or folders will i see the documents i skipped? thank you...
  10. how can I see 2 apps on the screen at 1 time

in Windows 10 Customization
    how can I see 2 apps on the screen at 1 time: After a recent windows update I am unable to have 2 apps on the screen at 1 time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/how-can-i-see-2-apps-on-the-screen-at-1-time/37cf2778-53c2-4e25-b3e6-1004e3f3d43d

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what files were skipped during scan

2. windows defender skipped scan

3. the windows defender anti-virus scan skipped an item windows defender