Windows 10: Windows Security software crashing

Discus and support Windows Security software crashing in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Whenever I open the Windows security application and open "Protection History" under "Virus and Threat protection", the software crashes for no reason.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by PK69420, Jun 12, 2024.

1. PK69420 Win User

Windows Security software crashing

Whenever I open the Windows security application and open "Protection History" under "Virus and Threat protection", the software crashes for no reason. The others work fine. It's only crashing when I'm opening protection history. Just in case, I checked whether there was any malware on my PC and there was none.Does anyone know why it's crashing??

:)

PK69420, Jun 12, 2024
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jun 12, 2024
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Jun 12, 2024
  4. Smeed Win User
Thema:

Windows Security software crashing

1. Windows Security software crashing - Similar Threads - Security software crashing

2. Antivirus Security Software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Antivirus Security Software: Hello, I'm not totally active in Community Forums, but I do have a question. My Bitdefender has 30 days then I can renew it for another year. I'm really having second thoughts whether I should keep it. The main question is do I really need it? Is Windows Security enough?...
  3. Windows Security software crashing

Windows Security software crashing: Whenever I open the Windows security application and open "Protection History" under "Virus and Threat protection", the software crashes for no reason. The others work fine. It's only crashing when I'm opening protection history. Just in case, I checked whether there was any...
  4. Windows Security software crashing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security software crashing: Whenever I open the Windows security application and open "Protection History" under "Virus and Threat protection", the software crashes for no reason. The others work fine. It's only crashing when I'm opening protection history. Just in case, I checked whether there was any...
  5. Security software

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Security software: Do these slow down computers?? I am not computer savvy just trying to find out information tky. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-software/9278afad-b138-4178-b6bd-92f941810e0c
  6. Security software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security software: Do these slow down computers?? I am not computer savvy just trying to find out information tky. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-software/9278afad-b138-4178-b6bd-92f941810e0c
  7. Security software

8. Microsoft Windows Security Software

Microsoft Windows Security Software: Is Microsoft Windows Security Software sufficient in providing total protection for Dell Laptop with Windows 10 Home? Best Buy store recommends to replace Windows Security Software with Webroot Security Software or to install Webroot Security Software in addition to Windows...
  9. Computer security software

Computer security software: If I have the security apps that come with Windows 10 and they're up to date, do I also need other security software, e.g., Norton or McAfee? What else, if anything do I need?...
  10. Windows 10 and security software

Windows 10 and security software: Hi All_ I would appreciate any feedbakcs with this query. Is there a need to install a third party-security antivirus program on the windows 10? Also, I was recently required to scan and repair an external USB with the built-in windows defender but no luck so I wonder if...