Windows 10: windows security tab reset

Discus and support windows security tab reset in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; is there a way to reset the security tab back to default without resetting the entire account? i accidentally did something in my user profile security... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DevTurtle197, Apr 20, 2020.

1. windows security tab reset

is there a way to reset the security tab back to default without resetting the entire account? i accidentally did something in my user profile security tab trying to block access for other users and now i can't do much either, and a lot of my microsoft programs are locked down

:)

DevTurtle197, Apr 20, 2020

2. Cannot remove stored Windows Security Passwords and User Name

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

• Is your PC connected to Domain?
    I suggest you to try Optimizing the Internet Explorer and check if it helps.

>> Follow the below images and check if it helps.

• I suggest you to delete the browsing history in General Tab
      and click Apply.

windows security tab reset [​IMG]

• Then I suggest you to Reset the Security Zone Level or
      customize the Zone level
      in Security tab and click
      Apply

windows security tab reset Javascript-Internet-Explorer-10-Internet-Options-Security-tab-Custom-Level-WindowsWally.png

• I suggest you to Clear SSL in the Content Tab
      and click Apply.

windows security tab reset inetOpsContent.jpg

• I suggest you to Check all the SSL certificates
      in Advanced Tab and click Apply.

windows security tab reset IEAdvanced.jpg

• Perform all the above steps and check if the same issue persists in Internet Explorer.
    Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control
    settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Resetting Internet Explorer isn't reversible, and all previous settings are lost after reset.

Hope this information helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 20, 2020
  3. Security DVR webserver playback does not work in Windows 10

Hello Joel,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

This issue could be resolved by optimizing the internet explorer.

I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting and check if it helps.

>> Follow the below images and check if it helps.

• I suggest you to delete the browsing history in General Tab
      and click Apply.

windows security tab reset [​IMG]

• Then I suggest you to Reset the Security Zone Level or
      customize the Zone level
      in Security tab and click
      Apply

windows security tab reset Javascript-Internet-Explorer-10-Internet-Options-Security-tab-Custom-Level-WindowsWally.png

• I suggest you to Clear SSL in the Content Tab
      and click Apply.

windows security tab reset inetOpsContent.jpg

• I suggest you to Check all the SSL certificates
      in Advanced Tab and click Apply.

windows security tab reset IEAdvanced.jpg

• Perform all the above steps and check if the same issue persists in Internet Explorer.

Hope this information helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 20, 2020
  4. windows security tab reset

can't run install file ' these files can't be opened'

Or this might work:

Method 1: Reset Internet Explorer security zone settings to their default level

To reset Internet Explorer security zone settings to their default level, follow these steps:
    • Start Internet Explorer.
    • Click Tools, and then click Internet options.
    • Click the Security tab.
    • Click Reset all zones to default level, and then click OK.

garydexter, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

windows security tab reset

1. windows security tab reset - Similar Threads - security tab reset

2. Can't open windows security tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open windows security tab: I've tried:REBOOT WIDNOWSWindows repair toolupdate windowsGet-AppxPackage Microsoft.SecHealthUI -AllUsers Reset-AppxPackageSFC /scannowReinstall windows without GRUB erasingUploading files doesn't work, but it looks like a black box on opening....
  3. Missing Tabs and Options Windows Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Missing Tabs and Options Windows Security: Any one pls help also this is greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-tabs-and-options-windows-security/88713677-2202-46ee-bbd7-9ce10f29cc68
  4. Missing Tabs and Options Windows Security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Tabs and Options Windows Security: Any one pls help also this is greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-tabs-and-options-windows-security/88713677-2202-46ee-bbd7-9ce10f29cc68
  5. Missing Tabs and Options Windows Security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. no security tab in properties?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    no security tab in properties?: VER: 21H1 19043.1110 There is no security tab in properties and the files and folders are padlocked, so I can't change permissions/ownership? The files are on a USB pendrive, copied from a previous PC (the whole downloads folder infact!). I've tried the: 1) Simply type Win+R...
  7. Security tab

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Security tab: Should USB flash drive with fat 32 file have a security tab https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-tab/e07f1467-3780-4caa-803a-5b7f9cdfffc0"
  8. About security tab

About security tab: I have 2 hard drive, c: (where my operating system & other software in installed) & D: (My files are there). I have a security tab when i right click on c: drive & Properties, but i dont have a security tab when i right click & go to properties. What should i Do to Fix It ?...
  9. Security tab in window 10 home.

Security tab in window 10 home.: Security tab in folder properties is missing in window 10 home. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-tab-in-window-10-home/42e2f61b-b649-4be6-b11f-e226c35b544a"
  10. No Security Tab In Properties

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Security Tab In Properties: So I wanted to move music from my computer to a USB drive, but when I got there there was no security tab to change permissions. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks, Stagcraft184...