Windows 10: windows security "the permissions on OS (c:) are incorrectly ordered"

Discus and support windows security "the permissions on OS (c:) are incorrectly ordered" in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; when I try to create a new Directory on C:/ I cannot create or modify users on the C:/ [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Richarddicorcia, Jul 6, 2019.

1. windows security "the permissions on OS (c:) are incorrectly ordered"

when I try to create a new Directory on C:/

I cannot create or modify users on the C:/

windows security "the permissions on OS (c:) are incorrectly ordered" 880a6f40-47c0-4488-9bbf-0ea94a7f0d5c?upload=true.jpg

:)

Richarddicorcia, Jul 6, 2019

2. How to restore default security permissions for C drive

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand you concern in this regard.

In Windows, access control lists (ACLs) give you extremely fine control over the ability of users and processes to use resources such as
    files and folders. Managing ACLs can be one of the more complicated tasks related to protecting the security of your users’ systems.

Suggest you to try the below mentioned steps and check if it helps.

• Open the properties of the main
      User Profile (I.e. C:\Users\...)
      folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc.). You can open the properties of a particular folder by
      Right-clicking on it and select Properties from context menu.

• Go to the Security tab and click
      Advanced.

• Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click
      Ok.
    This action will replaces the security permission on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Please let us know if it’s working

Do refer the article on
    Back Up and Restore NTFS and Share Permissions
    and see if it helps you.

Warning: Some steps in the article tell you to modify registry. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you
    reinstall the operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jul 6, 2019
  3. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Jul 6, 2019
  4. windows security "the permissions on OS (c:) are incorrectly ordered"

Windows 10 Reset C: Drive Security Permissions

Hello Dean,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with it.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• What is the exact issue you are facing?
    • What do you mean when you say "Windows 10 Reset C: Drive Security Permissions"?
    • Are you referring to System restore or Reset your PC?
    • What do you mean when you say "set the C: drive back to the original security settings"?

Reply with the necessary information to help you troubleshoot the issue. I will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

windows security "the permissions on OS (c:) are incorrectly ordered"

1. windows security "the permissions on OS (c:) are incorrectly ordered" - Similar Threads - security permissions are

2. Permissions for c:\windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permissions for c:\windows: How do I get The windows folder it's selfTo look an function like this folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permissions-for-cwindows/35b0770d-1c85-42b0-99f3-62ee45cc4c43
  3. Permissions for c:\windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permissions for c:\windows: How do I get The windows folder it's selfTo look an function like this folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permissions-for-cwindows/35b0770d-1c85-42b0-99f3-62ee45cc4c43
  4. Security permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security permissions: Hi All,I am having a strange issue with one of my file servers. One of the folders has full permissions for a specific user, they are able to access the folder via a mapped drive, access all documents in the folder and all sub folders however when they try to save a document...
  5. Permissions and Security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permissions and Security: I just wanted to thank all you folks that helped me out yesterday. My system kept giving me Desktop Permissions warnings and was crashing! I was losing files by the hour.I had gone through the "back door" so to speak to change a few things i didn't like. Turns out I had lost...
  6. Incorrect permissions on Windows Search directories

in Cortana
    Incorrect permissions on Windows Search directories: Hello, Most of the users are facing issue with indexing I tried troubleshooting and i get this error. [ATTACH] I tried to rebuild index, repaired office package, checked the permissions on the windows search folders, Disabled and re-enabled the feature dism...
  7. The permission for "directory" are incorrectly ordered...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The permission for "directory" are incorrectly ordered...: Good afternoon, Used are Server Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard 6.3.9600 (64bit) / was migrated from Windows Server 2010 Local computer Windows10 ver 10.0.18362.295 (64bit) User have admin rights (on source and destination) Data copied from server to local computer...
  8. Security Permissions

Security Permissions: Hello! What Security permissions do I need to stream from Media Player to a TV. Do I need WMPNetworkSvc and if so how do I get it? All I have at present is "Everyone" with full control. 111394
  9. Windows 10 DLNA, Incorrect Track Order

Windows 10 DLNA, Incorrect Track Order: I want to use Window 10's Media Streaming/DLNA feature for music, and it's sort of working but there's one deal breaking issue: It causes tracks to be displayed in alphabetical order instead of by track number when accessed via DLNA devices. On the streaming PC, the tracks...
  10. UTC offset incorrect in Windows OS

in Windows 10 Support
    UTC offset incorrect in Windows OS: Windows uses local time for some unknown historical reason. If you want you can set it to UTC (especially useful if you dualboot with Linux and/or macOS). This registry change works on Windows 10 (I use UTC): Time - ArchWiki

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows Permissions are incorrectly ordered

2. windows security incorrectly ordered

3. the permission on os are incorrectly otrdered

4. windows C permissions incorrectly ordered,
  5. permissions are incorrectly ordered,
  6. registry permissions incorrectly ordered,
  7. windows 10 file permissions incorrectly ordered,
  8. permissions are incorrectly ordered windows 10,
  9. the permissions on poc are incorrectly ordered,
  10. permissions incorrectly ordered,
  11. win 10 permissions are incorrectly ordered,