Windows 10: Windows Security - These files can't be opened. Windows 10

Discus and support Windows Security - These files can't be opened. Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, this appears to be a relatively common problem. I have been searching google trying to find a solution but have so far been unsuccessful. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ohoopee, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Ohoopee Win User

Windows Security - These files can't be opened. Windows 10

Hello, this appears to be a relatively common problem. I have been searching google trying to find a solution but have so far been unsuccessful. The most common solution is the right click on the file, click on properties, in the general catigory, click on unblock. The problem is there is no "unblock" in the general properties of the file. In my General Properties tile it stops after File Attributes with boxes Read only, hidden, and advanced. I have checked the advanced tile and there is no mention of unblocking the program either. I have also disabled windows defender...still can't open the file. Any ideas on how to fix this?

:)

Ohoopee, Dec 9, 2016

2. windows secutiy This file can't be opened

whenever i open any exe file then a popup window comes saying that WINDOWS SECURITY this file can't be opened internet security.

I am using WINDOWS 10.

please help me..

Shubhamkumar693, Dec 9, 2016
  3. Yjen1503 Win User
    Win 10 security warning - "These files might be harmful to your computer"

This message is so annoying!!

I have had it happened since i changed to Windows 10, opening programmes or files on my computer, I always get this message, even thought the items have been on my computer forever.

I have tried the remedies suggested but to no avail.

I would really like to get this sorted , so any help would be gratefully received,

Thank you in anticipation

Techibird

Yjen1503, Dec 9, 2016
  4. spunk Win User

The Unblock message will only show up if you have downloaded the file from the internet. This has little to do with permissions to open the file.
    What is the file you are trying to open? There are many Hidden/System files or Program files on a computer that are locked because they are integral to the operating system, and Windows does not want you to monkey around with them.
    Then there are files you may have recovered from a different drive under a different User Name. If they belong to you, Then you can reset the permissions by Taking Ownership of them. There are also files that can't be opened because they are corrupted. But first, we need to know what it is.

spunk, Dec 9, 2016
  5. Ohoopee Win User
    It is an application I downloaded...not a torrent...but a piece of free writing software. The funny thing is, I had this software install before and didn't have this problem. I sent my Laptop off for repairs while it was still under warranty. When I got it back, they had replaced the hard drive so I had to reinstall everything...now it won't let me install it.

Ohoopee, Dec 9, 2016
  6. spunk Win User
    This would be most helpful if you told us what the program is.
    Is it compatible with Windows 10? Have you seen if there is an Updated version of the program on their web site? What is the message when you click on the installer?
    When they replaced the HDD, did they do a clean install of Windows 10, where they did not restore any of your User files? or did they restore files to your C:\Users\[YourUserName] folder from the old HDD?

spunk, Dec 9, 2016
  7. Ohoopee Win User
    ywriter5

No, they did not appear to have recovered any of my files...my Windows install appears to be brand new with all the free trials I had when I originally purchased my PC being valid again

The message I get is a little box which at the top says "Windows Security" This it says "These files can't be opened" It then says "Your internet security settings prevented one or more files from being opened."

Ohoopee, Dec 9, 2016
  8. Ohoopee Win User

Ok...so I appear to have solved the problem and it is very, very stupid. I mean I can appreciate companies such as Microsoft wanted to protect themselves from Pirates but this is rediculous. All I did was change the name of the application...that is it just changed the name to something generic and now it works....it is supposedly an anti-piracy thing.. it must be a new update because again I never had this problem before

Ohoopee, Dec 10, 2016
  9. For the future reference, run CMD and copy/paste:

reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Associations" /v "DefaultFileTypeRisk" /t REG_DWORD /d "1808" /f
    reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments" /v "SaveZoneInformation" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f

TairikuOkami, Dec 10, 2016
  10. spunk Win User
    The Reg hack above should work, if not
    Go to Control Panel/Internet Options/Custom scroll down to Launching applications and unsafe files. Choose Prompt. Do the same thing to the other icons in the Security panel.

spunk, Dec 10, 2016
  11. Ohoopee Win User
    Thanks guys, I appreciate the help.

Ohoopee, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Security - These files can't be opened. Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Security files can't

2. Can't open Windows Security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open Windows Security: I can't open windows security. I suspected it to be a virus, so I downloaded Malwarebytes and ran a full scan and there were 30 detections. Mainly trojan and RiskWareNSudo, affecting registries and other core files. I quarantined them and restarted my pc, but Windows Security...
  3. Can't open Windows Security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open Windows Security: I can't open windows security. I suspected it to be a virus, so I downloaded Malwarebytes and ran a full scan and there were 30 detections. Mainly trojan and RiskWareNSudo, affecting registries and other core files. I quarantined them and restarted my pc, but Windows Security...
  4. Can't open Windows Security App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open Windows Security App: I just updated to Windows 11 and had a clean Windows 10 install prior to that. For some reason, I cannot open my "Windows Security" app. I have AVAST and Malwarebytes as my anti-virus software. But looking for help to just open the app. Thanks...
  5. Can't open windows security tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open windows security tab: I've tried:REBOOT WIDNOWSWindows repair toolupdate windowsGet-AppxPackage Microsoft.SecHealthUI -AllUsers Reset-AppxPackageSFC /scannowReinstall windows without GRUB erasingUploading files doesn't work, but it looks like a black box on opening....
  6. Can't open windows security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open windows security: For some reason I can't open windows security on my windows 11 pc, I've tried reinstalling it via Powershell, reset and repair via settings and restarted windows multiple times, but it still won't open.The main reason I want to open windows security is to install cheat engine...
  7. Can't open windows security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open windows security: For some reason I can't open windows security on my windows 11 pc, I've tried reinstalling it via Powershell, reset and repair via settings and restarted windows multiple times, but it still won't open.The main reason I want to open windows security is to install cheat engine...
  8. This app can't open Windows Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    This app can't open Windows Security: Potentially unwanted app foundto review your options, go to windows security.Windows security was spamming that it detected some threats and then when I tried to open it the app this message popped up "There’s a problem with Windows Security. Reinstall the application from...
  9. Can't open 'Windows Security Center'

Can't open 'Windows Security Center': I recently got a new computer and everything is working smoothly. My only issue is that I can't open windows security center. It shows that WSC is running and working, I'm just unable to actually open the application. From similar issues posted here I have: Checked for...
  10. Windows Security can't open

Windows Security can't open: I can't open windows security even I uninstall all third-party antivirus software I search all solution and all doesn't work for me Can someone please help me ?...