Windows 10: Windows security threat found action needed. actions button does nothing?

Discus and support Windows security threat found action needed. actions button does nothing? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I see windows security did a scan and found "threat found, action needed status active active threats have not been mediated and are running on your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tombj, Dec 2, 2019.

1. /u/tombj Win User

Windows security threat found action needed. actions button does nothing?

I see windows security did a scan and found "threat found, action needed status active active threats have not been mediated and are running on your device. (a trojan, trojan:Win32/DropCheetak.AA!MTB)

If I click on the actions button and select remove, nothing happens. but I see there are other entries where the same threat was quarantined then removed, but the removals are from an EARLIER time in the day. so how can I clear all the data and do a new scan, quarantine and see that it has been quarantined, and make sure it is deleted? the toolbar icon along the bottom of the screen still shows the red X on the windows security shield....

submitted by /u/tombj
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/tombj, Dec 2, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Disable Action Center in Windows 7?

Unfortunately that doesn't disable Action Center, all it does it cause Acution Center to bitch about the Security Center service not running.

Action Center seems to be a different beast from Security Center...

And telling it to not display any messages gets it out of the way, the same way disabling the icon in the suggestions above does, but Action Center is still enabled and running.

newtekie1, Dec 2, 2019
  3. Try3 Win User
    No button for bluetooth in action center

Joe,

Assuming that you have a Bluetooth card, run these checks -

Do you have a Bluetooth entry in Settings, Devices?

Windows security threat found action needed. actions button does nothing? [​IMG]

If not then Windows does not think you have a Bluetooth card. Check Device manager for a Bluetooth group.

Windows security threat found action needed. actions button does nothing? [​IMG]

1. If neither of these is there then you do not have a Bluetooth card or you have disabled Bluetooth in the BIOS. You should check your BIOS for a relevant entry but BIOSes vary so I cannot suggest where such a setting might be. You could seek advice from your computer maker or their user forum.
    2. If one is there but not the other then you might be able to get it working correctly by reinstalling the driver from your Computer / Bluetooth card maker's website.

You can customise the items shown in Action center but Bluetooth, if it is enabled, is generally put there by default. As explained above, you can customise what is shown by playing around with Settings, System, Notifications. You can add more entries or you can drag off existing entries or you can drag existing entries around to get them in the layout you prefer.

Denis

Try3, Dec 2, 2019
  4. Chatman99 Win User

Windows Defender "Start Actions" Button Not Working

Windows Defender is telling me "Virus & threat protection. Threats found. Start the recommended actions." There is a button below, which says "Start actions". Clicking this button has no effect. Should I just ignore it?

I'm on Windows 10 Pro, version 1703.

Chatman99, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows security threat found action needed. actions button does nothing? - Similar Threads - security threat found

2. How to remove Threat Found - action Needed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove Threat Found - action Needed: I have 3 of these threats and have run scans etc and clicked remove and quarantine etc but still this shows up. I have been told maybe I clear search history but I do not know how to do this or get permissions. I have been told this: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows...
  3. Threat found- action needed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Threat found- action needed: I have found a virus in my laptop via Windows Defender named as 'Exploit:Win32/ShellCode!ml' and it has been labeled active.I say take action over and over and it is still active and never gets quarantined. It is described as SEVERE! It also tells me 0 threats found after I...
  4. Threat found - action needed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Threat found - action needed: I have found a virus in my laptop via Windows Defender named as 'Exploit:Win32/ShellCode!ml' and it has been labeled active.I say take action over and over and it is still active and never gets quarantined. It is described as SEVERE! It also tells me 0 threats found after I...
  5. Threat found - action needed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Threat found - action needed: I have found a virus in my laptop via Windows Defender named as 'Exploit:Win32/ShellCode!ml' and it has been labeled active.I say take action over and over and it is still active and never gets quarantined. It is described as SEVERE! It also tells me 0 threats found after I...
  6. Threat found - action needed

7. Threat found - action needed. But its REALLY NOT

Threat found - action needed. But its REALLY NOT: I have a warning within my defender which doesnt seem to want to go awayI have been looking into the darker side of android applications and downloaded but didnt do anything with an APK called androdumpper which is supposed to look at vulnerabilities in your wifi setup based...
  8. Threat found - action needed. But its REALLY NOT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Threat found - action needed. But its REALLY NOT: I have a warning within my defender which doesnt seem to want to go awayI have been looking into the darker side of android applications and downloaded but didnt do anything with an APK called androdumpper which is supposed to look at vulnerabilities in your wifi setup based...
  9. Threat found - action needed. But its REALLY NOT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. Windows Security "No Action Needed" but "Threats Found" and "Start Actions" Button Not Working

Windows Security "No Action Needed" but "Threats Found" and "Start Actions" Button Not Working: I have a Dell system with Windows 10 v21H2. I noticed that, in the Windows Security, Virus & Threat Protection window, under Current threats, it says "Threats found. Start the recommended actions." However, the Start Actions button, when clicked, changes quivers a little but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. threat found action needed

2. trojan/win32/dropCheetak.AA!MTB