Windows 10: Windows security threat found action needed. actions button does nothing?

Discus and support Windows security threat found action needed. actions button does nothing? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I see windows security did a scan and found "threat found, action needed status active active threats have not been mediated and are running on your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tombj, Dec 2, 2019.

1. /u/tombj Win User

Windows security threat found action needed. actions button does nothing?

I see windows security did a scan and found "threat found, action needed status active active threats have not been mediated and are running on your device. (a trojan, trojan:Win32/DropCheetak.AA!MTB)

If I click on the actions button and select remove, nothing happens. but I see there are other entries where the same threat was quarantined then removed, but the removals are from an EARLIER time in the day. so how can I clear all the data and do a new scan, quarantine and see that it has been quarantined, and make sure it is deleted? the toolbar icon along the bottom of the screen still shows the red X on the windows security shield....

submitted by /u/tombj
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/tombj, Dec 2, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Disable Action Center in Windows 7?

Unfortunately that doesn't disable Action Center, all it does it cause Acution Center to bitch about the Security Center service not running.

Action Center seems to be a different beast from Security Center...

And telling it to not display any messages gets it out of the way, the same way disabling the icon in the suggestions above does, but Action Center is still enabled and running.

newtekie1, Dec 2, 2019
  3. Try3 Win User
    No button for bluetooth in action center

Joe,

Assuming that you have a Bluetooth card, run these checks -

Do you have a Bluetooth entry in Settings, Devices?

Windows security threat found action needed. actions button does nothing? [​IMG]

If not then Windows does not think you have a Bluetooth card. Check Device manager for a Bluetooth group.

Windows security threat found action needed. actions button does nothing? [​IMG]

1. If neither of these is there then you do not have a Bluetooth card or you have disabled Bluetooth in the BIOS. You should check your BIOS for a relevant entry but BIOSes vary so I cannot suggest where such a setting might be. You could seek advice from your computer maker or their user forum.
    2. If one is there but not the other then you might be able to get it working correctly by reinstalling the driver from your Computer / Bluetooth card maker's website.

You can customise the items shown in Action center but Bluetooth, if it is enabled, is generally put there by default. As explained above, you can customise what is shown by playing around with Settings, System, Notifications. You can add more entries or you can drag off existing entries or you can drag existing entries around to get them in the layout you prefer.

Denis

Try3, Dec 2, 2019
  4. Chatman99 Win User

Windows Defender "Start Actions" Button Not Working

Windows Defender is telling me "Virus & threat protection. Threats found. Start the recommended actions." There is a button below, which says "Start actions". Clicking this button has no effect. Should I just ignore it?

I'm on Windows 10 Pro, version 1703.

Chatman99, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows security threat found action needed. actions button does nothing? - Similar Threads - security threat found

2. Action Needed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Action Needed: Hello, My Computer's just done some updates and then wifi stopped working and every time i hit "connect" i find "action needed" written under the network name, and then it automatically opens a browsing tab which gives me "ERROR"...
  3. Windows defender threats found and available actions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender threats found and available actions: I did a full system scan with windows defender and it found threats. My question is with the available actions, i'm not sure what each one does exactly and want to make sure I choose the right one. My options Clean threat quarantine remove allow on device What do...
  4. Actions needed

Actions needed: Please help me to solve this kind of issue which is my Windows Defender Security Center cannot perform whether quick scan or full scan. The note shows "Your Virus & threat protection is managed by your organization." Hope you guys can help me on this problem. Thanks....
  5. Virus and Protection Full Scan says a threat exists start actions. Action button does nothing.

Virus and Protection Full Scan says a threat exists start actions. Action button does nothing.: I have an issue where a full scan and offline scan has been completed, finding a threat. Pressing start actions starts nothing. Threat history shows no threat. Windows defender shield stays in the red however as per snapshot. Please advise a corrective cause. This all...
  6. Windows Defender Security Center action needed?

Windows Defender Security Center action needed?: I have just completed a fresh install of Windows 10, and lo and behold I have a security issue that requires action. Only the issue does not present itself. How do I make that little red X go away? [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  7. Windows Defender Threat History & Actions

Windows Defender Threat History & Actions: Hi, Hope someone can help clear this up for me. Defender found and stopped something it defined as potentially unwanted software: Win32/Unwaders.C!ml The threat was apparently quarantined and all the details were there such as threat severity, recommended actions etc....
  8. Protection Action Needed

Protection Action Needed: I have majorly problem about windows defender security center, They Must Be Displayed Virus And Threat Protection Managed By Your Originization….. NEED HELP.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/protection-action-needed/30cb071c-383c-41a1-aafc-fbe041265351
  9. Windows Defender Threat History & Actions

Windows Defender Threat History & Actions: Hi, Hope someone can help clear this up for me. Defender found and stopped something it defined as potentially unwanted software: Win32/Unwaders.C!ml The threat was apparently quarantined and all the details were there such as threat severity, recommend actions etc....
  10. Protection Action Needed

Protection Action Needed: I have majorly problem about windows defender security center, They Must Be Displayed Virus And Threat Protection Managed By Your Originization….. NEED HELP.......