Windows 10: Windows Security threat service has stopped due to update error.

Discus and support Windows Security threat service has stopped due to update error. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello. A few hours ago I received this notification from Windows Security along with this error message from Windows Update: Virus & threat protection... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by xlr8tx, May 4, 2021.

1. xlr8tx Win User

Windows Security threat service has stopped due to update error.

Hello. A few hours ago I received this notification from Windows Security along with this error message from Windows Update: Virus & threat protection service has stopped. Update for Windows Defender Antivirus antimalware platform - KB4052623 (Version 4.18.2103.7) Status: Download error - 0x80070643 I ran DISM and SFC and neither found any issues. If this is not resolved ASAP I'm going to install a third party antivirus. Thanks. Version20H2 OS build19042.906

:)

xlr8tx, May 4, 2021
  2. xlr8tx Win User

Hello.

A few hours ago I received this notification from Windows Security along with this error message from Windows Update:

Virus & threat protection service has stopped.

Update for Windows Defender Antivirus antimalware platform - KB4052623 (Version 4.18.2103.7)

I ran DISM and SFC and neither found any issues.

If this is not resolved ASAP I'm going to install a third party antivirus.

Thanks.

Version 20H2

OS build 19042.906

xlr8tx, May 5, 2021
  3. Windows Security: Threat Service has Stopped

I did tutorials online and sadly it didn't work. Anybody have any tips to fix this?

Windows Security threat service has stopped due to update error. [​IMG]

Scratchfangs, May 5, 2021
  4. Windows Security threat service has stopped due to update error.

Try to install antivirus definition update to see issue resolves.

Use Windows Update Troubleshooter.

• Right-click on Start button and pick Settings
    • Go to Update & Security > Troubleshoot
    • Click on Windows Update and select Run the troubleshooter

Download Windows updates manually.

• Go to the official Microsoft update catalog;
    • Enter a specific update code, for example, KB4481031
    • Select the correct version and click Download
    • Click on the link and Windows will update your computer

Resetting the Windows Update components can usually solve these types of issues.

Reset Windows Update in Windows 10

FreeBooter, May 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Security threat service has stopped due to update error. - Similar Threads - Security threat service

2. Threat service has stopped

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Threat service has stopped: I uninstalled my third-party anti-virus already however the Windows defender didn't turn on. I restart the services and still not working. How can I make it run again? I feel vulnerable in my PC. Kindly help....
  3. Threat service has stopped

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Threat service has stopped: I uninstalled my third-party anti-virus already however the Windows defender didn't turn on. I restart the services and still not working. How can I make it run again? I feel vulnerable in my PC. Kindly help....
  4. Threat service has stopped

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows Security Threat Service has stopped. Restart it now. Error!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security Threat Service has stopped. Restart it now. Error!: I have found malware due to turning off real-time protection. Using Autorun64 and MalwareBytes, I have removed them but Windows Security cannot be resumed.As you can see it can't be restarted.Remedies tried- GetAPPx to redeploy WindowsSecHealthUI- Redeploy every windows...
  6. Windows Security Threat Service has stopped. Restart it now. Error!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security Threat Service has stopped. Restart it now. Error!: I have found malware due to turning off real-time protection. Using Autorun64 and MalwareBytes, I have removed them but Windows Security cannot be resumed.As you can see it can't be restarted.Remedies tried- GetAPPx to redeploy WindowsSecHealthUI- Redeploy every windows...
  7. Threat Service has stopped

Threat Service has stopped: Today, I am getting a "Threat Service has stopped. Restart it now." notification for my Virus & threat protection. I have made no changes whatsoever.When I press the Restart button, I wait and wait and wait and eventually am presented withSo how do I solve this?...
  8. The threat service has stopped

in Windows 10 Customization
    The threat service has stopped: Hi i deleted this REG DELETE "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender" /v Disable AntiSpyWare and the service had stopped and this happened it wanted me to restart the threat service but there was an error...
  9. Windows Security: Threat Service has Stopped

Windows Security: Threat Service has Stopped: I did tutorials online and sadly it didn't work. Anybody have any tips to fix this? [img] 173043
  10. Error :Threat service has stopped. Restart it now

Error :Threat service has stopped. Restart it now: It has been a while since I have the following message: "Threat service has stopped. Restart it now" and when I restart it if refuses and gives me that an error has occurred… What should I do!!! [Original Title: Virus and Threat Protection]...