Windows 10: Windows Security to stop tampering with an exe

Discus and support Windows Security to stop tampering with an exe in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; There's an exe I need working properly. It's not a virus, I do some programming on the side If I have Windows Security's real time protection turned... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AbhijeetHara, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Windows Security to stop tampering with an exe

There's an exe I need working properly.

It's not a virus, I do some programming on the side

If I have Windows Security's real time protection turned on, it deletes the file, when I'm trying to run it.

I can run the .exe no problem with the real time protection turned off.

I have already enabled it through windows firewall, but that does nothing, the moment I turn on windows security's real-time protection, it immediately deletes the file again...

What can I do, so that the Windows' Security does not delete this file, and I can turn real-time protection on, again?

:)

AbhijeetHara, Jun 23, 2020
  2. bhringer Win User

Should I Turn on Tamper Protection in Windows Security?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...s-to-security-settings-with-tamper-protection

Change the Tamper Protection setting

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type Windows Security and then select
    Windows Security in the list of results.

2. In Windows Security, select Virus & threat protection and then under
    Virus & threat protection settings, select Manage settings.

3. Change the Tamper Protection setting to
    On
    or Off.

~

bhringer, Jun 23, 2020
  3. RJFYEG Win User
    Tamper Protection missing from Windows Security in Windows 10 Pro

Hey there,

Tamper Protection is a security feature that was introduced in Windows 10 version 1903, otherwise known as the May 2019 Update. When enabled, Tamper Protection prevents Windows Security and Windows Defender settings from being changed by programs, Windows command
    line tools, Registry changes, or group policies.

This is a good feature so it doesn't allow malware to override Windows Security and Defender.

To enable Tamper Protection do the following:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-...

Are you using third-party anti-virus software?

RJFYEG, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Windows Security to stop tampering with an exe

Should I Turn on Tamper Protection in Windows Security?

I just noticed in my Windows Security that everything was automatically on except tamper protection. Should I turn it on and will it do a lot of changes to my computer?

[Original Title: Windows security]

SusanMcLaughlin1, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows Security to stop tampering with an exe

1. Windows Security to stop tampering with an exe - Similar Threads - Security stop tampering

2. Windows 11 Security Tamper Protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Security Tamper Protection: Hello.I am a Windows 11 22H2S version user. I turn off my windows security protection when I want to use some programmes on my computer, without the windows interrupting. Although the only user account on my computer is me being administrator, when I try to turn off security...
  3. Windows 11 Security Tamper Protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Security Tamper Protection: Hello.I am a Windows 11 22H2S version user. I turn off my windows security protection when I want to use some programmes on my computer, without the windows interrupting. Although the only user account on my computer is me being administrator, when I try to turn off security...
  4. Network Tampering

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Tampering: You have been tampering with my network as you seriously don't want me using the internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-tampering/79b76a10-fafd-45be-8793-32d9e7c397a7
  5. You bastard stop tampering with my internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    You bastard stop tampering with my internet: You have been sued for network tampering https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-bastard-stop-tampering-with-my-internet/0167f3fc-e288-4847-88af-20b78c7a8583
  6. Should I Turn on Tamper Protection in Windows Security?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Should I Turn on Tamper Protection in Windows Security?: I just noticed in my Windows Security that everything was automatically on except tamper protection. Should I turn it on and will it do a lot of changes to my computer? [Original Title: Windows security]...
  7. xshxkrjuppw(stop)exe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    xshxkrjuppw(stop)exe: xshxkrjuppw(stop)exe is this a known application in MS Windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xshxkrjuppwstopexe/4206f7d6-2bb7-4835-a9b9-fcfa8f95bc7b
  8. Tamper Protection missing from Windows Security in Windows 10 Pro

Tamper Protection missing from Windows Security in Windows 10 Pro: I have four PCs running Windows 10 Pro with all updates installed. One of the four does not have the Tamper Protection option in Windows Security > Virus & Threat Protection > Manage Settings. Why and what must I do to enable Tamper Protection? Thanks....
  9. tamper

tamper: how do i get defender to stop trying to get me to put tamper protection on, it leaves system tray with an orange triangle 134409
  10. tamper

in Windows 10 Support
    tamper: how do i get defender to stop trying to get me to put tamper protection on, it leaves system tray with an orange triangle 134409