Windows 10: Windows Security turns on after each restart

Discus and support Windows Security turns on after each restart in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have all the sliders in windows defender turned off, but ANYTIME I restart my computer, the first slider real-time protection turns on. I don't... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by woodendoors-7, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Windows Security turns on after each restart

I have all the sliders in windows defender turned off, but ANYTIME I restart my computer, the first slider real-time protection turns on.

I don't even click on the "turn on security" or whatever notification, but it always turns on.

Is this an intended feature? Is there any way to turn this off permanently?

:)

woodendoors-7, Jan 8, 2021
  2. Borg 386 Win User

windows defender & security center services keep turning off

Are you running any other AV or did you have one running in the past? If you didn't use an uninstaller for the AV, then the remnants of it could be causing the problem. Normally any time you install an AV it disables Defender by default.

If you are getting any error codes please list those, that will be helpful in helping you.

As torre suggested, might be a good idea to do a reset or even a reinstall.

Reset Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

There are also some suggestions listed here:

Unable to turn on Windows Defender in Windows 7 / 8 / 10

Borg 386, Jan 8, 2021
  3. How do i turn on my windows security services on Windows 10.

Hi Edehomon,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with turning on Windows Security services with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if third party security has disabled Windows Defender services.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "windows security services are turned off", have you installed any third party security software on the computer?
    • Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to try to turn on Windows Defender by following steps below and check if it helps.

1. Click on Search bar?

2. Type "Settings" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Then click on Update & security.

4. Click on Windows Defender.

5. Then try to turn on the Windows Defender services.

Note: If a third party security software is installed on the computer, then it will disable Windows Defender.

Please get back to us with an update on turning on Windows Security services with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 8, 2021
  4. Windows Security turns on after each restart

little cat, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

Windows Security turns on after each restart

1. Windows Security turns on after each restart - Similar Threads - Security turns each

2. My secure boot turns off automatically after each restart. Need some help with my asrock...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My secure boot turns off automatically after each restart. Need some help with my asrock...: My secure boot turns off automatically after each restart. Need some help with my asrock b450 mother board https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-secure-boot-turns-off-automatically-after-each/9b798c98-f3a7-4ca5-904c-02fb1df23108
  3. My secure boot turns off automatically after each restart. Need some help with my asrock...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My secure boot turns off automatically after each restart. Need some help with my asrock...: My secure boot turns off automatically after each restart. Need some help with my asrock b450 mother board https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-secure-boot-turns-off-automatically-after-each/9b798c98-f3a7-4ca5-904c-02fb1df23108
  4. Restart freezes desktop after each Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restart freezes desktop after each Windows 11 update: Since moving to Windows 11 Pro 22H2 OS Build 22621.900, every time I click Restart after a Windows update, my desktop freezes during the restart process.Windows completes the installation, then mouse and keyboard get disconnected, screen goes dark, but the system doesn't...
  5. Windows 10 animations doesnt work after each restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 animations doesnt work after each restart: Hi, I have windows 10 Home edition and recently did a windows reset and kept my files. Everything was ok for a few days, then I noticed that windows animations like minimizing and maximizing windows stop working and I have to manually go to the appearance settings and apply...
  6. Account Resets after each PC restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Account Resets after each PC restart: I restarted my computer a few weeks ago and after the update my account was wiped. Only apps left on my desktop were Steam, Norton, Microsoft Edge, and Google Chrome. I assumed it was a one time thing and just reinstalled everything and moved on. Fast forward to a few days...
  7. My HWID Changes after each restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    My HWID Changes after each restart: I have normal Windows 10, paid and everything purchased from microsoft. Everytime I restart my PC my HWID changes Here are my specs just in case they do anything 1TB WD Blue Desktop HDD Crucial M500 SSD AMD Ryzen 5 3600 CPU MSI ARMOR RX 580 GPU MSI B450 TOMAHAWK...
  8. Ethernet adapter is not identified after each restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet adapter is not identified after each restart: Hello , i'm Currently using Windows 10 and I have been in a while , I like to do regular clean install every now and then when I feel my pc is slowing down . so here the problem that never happened with me before after I did a clean install for windows 10 my ethernet...
  9. Speaker not recognized each time computer turn on/after restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speaker not recognized each time computer turn on/after restart: I m using SteelSeries Arctis Pro + Gamedac (using usb, not jack) but there is a problems, I did some experiment: 1. I plug in the headphone WITH/WITHOUT the driver (SteelSeries engine) -> the speaker recognized my 'Speakers - GameDAC Game' and 'Headset Earphone - Game DAC...
  10. Audio Settings Reset After Each Restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Settings Reset After Each Restart: Hello, I have a really weird setup of 3 sets of speakers for essentially 6.2 surround sound... and it works great and all, using the Realtek drivers to remap the line in port to side out, however upon every restart, my settings switch back to stereo and lowest sample rate...