Windows 10: Windows Security - unable to unblock exe file.

Discus and support Windows Security - unable to unblock exe file. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm now after 2 years unable to access my finance file as a message saing admin hasblocked from running app keep appearing every time I try to open the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by steveford4, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Windows Security - unable to unblock exe file.

I'm now after 2 years unable to access my finance file as a message saing admin hasblocked from running app keep appearing every time I try to open the file. After trying to change the UAC to Never Notifiy is till didn't work. Microsoft said to uninstall and reinstall program. This still hasn't helped me and I don't think the program has installed properly anyway. Thank goodness I backed up the file before uninstalling.

I don't think I can amend anything in my account as it say the administrator has full access. Something like that.

If anyone can help me as I'm not that tech savvy I would appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

:)

steveford4, Mar 10, 2020

2. Blocking of EXE file by network security programmes

Is it possible to produce a link in 7z format or zip as all exe files are now blocked by network security in the LIBRARIES

ABBrittain, Mar 10, 2020
  3. Unblock Publisher in Windows 10

The actual check box to allow unblocking of any program is located on the "general tab" of the program's executable file properties menu.

Therefore locate your exe. file in either Program Files, or Program Files (x86), (do not use the shortcut icon that is located in the Start menu), right click your chosen exe. file icon and select properties on the popup menu. Check the box labeled unblock
    on the "Security:" line, and then click "apply" or "ok".

smokee_won, Mar 10, 2020
  4. Windows Security - unable to unblock exe file.

I changes .exe (Default) files data value, and now I can't open .exe files. Can anyone tell me the normal data value for .exe?

Hello Nilson,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have changed the values of .exe file extension and now you are unable to open any .exe files. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• How did you change the values of the .exe file extensions?
    • What was the issue to change the values for .exe?
    • Is the PC used for testing purpose or you have you changed the values for any developing purpose?
    Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows Security - unable to unblock exe file.

1. Windows Security - unable to unblock exe file. - Similar Threads - Security unable unblock

2. Unable to open exe file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open exe file: .exe file with word icon can't open in windows 10.Showing nothing when try to open.Tried regedit, disable firewall, cmd->assoc .exe=exefile .Using 2013 version of MS Office. Someone please help ,very urgent....
  3. Unable to open exe file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open exe file: .exe file with word icon can't open in windows 10.Showing nothing when try to open.Tried regedit, disable firewall, cmd->assoc .exe=exefile .Using 2013 version of MS Office. Someone please help ,very urgent....
  4. Unable to open .exe files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to open .exe files: I am unable to open some .exe files on my pc from the past 3 days. A message pops up saying that msvcp_win.dll and ucrtbase.dll both are missing. I tried replacing them both with full administrative control but I am not allowed still. The .dll files are present in System32...
  5. Unable to open .exe files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open .exe files: I am unable to open some .exe files on my pc from the past 3 days. A message pops up saying that msvcp_win.dll and ucrtbase.dll both are missing. I tried replacing them both with full administrative control but I am not allowed still. The .dll files are present in System32...
  6. Unable to open .exe files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. unable to open exe file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unable to open exe file: Hi, I'm trying to open an exe file from MariaDB. However, I'm experiencing error in which the file seems to open but it closes right away. A black screen pops up just for not even a second and it closes right away....
  8. unable to run *.exe files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unable to run *.exe files: unable to run *.exe files from different sources. Win 10 MS Surface pro 6 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-run-exe-files/c2331948-49a4-4c91-9b2d-a0523028ec41
  9. unblock exe

in Windows 10 Customization
    unblock exe: I am the administrator of my laptop. I received an error after downloading an exe. How to unblock a exe from installing? I know that I didn't block it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unblock-exe/da919762-9563-428f-a5cd-a04f096309cf
  10. Unable to Install .exe file

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to Install .exe file: I have a Win10 laptop. I'm trying to run setup.exe from a DVD. I get a msg: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access them." My DVD works fine. I am the administrator on my laptop and there are no other...