Windows 10: Windows security under security providers:

Discus and support Windows security under security providers: in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; In windows security under security providers: Windows defender anti virus is on, firewall is on, but WEB PROTECTION shows no providers. What do I need... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by wc_964, Jul 25, 2019.

1. wc_964 Win User

Windows security under security providers:

In windows security under security providers: Windows defender anti virus is on, firewall is on, but WEB PROTECTION shows no providers. What do I need for web protection?

:)

wc_964, Jul 25, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Jul 25, 2019
  3. Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, Jul 25, 2019
  4. Smeed Win User

Internet provider security for windows 10

I'm not familiar with 'wow internet provider' and don't know what kind of 'internet security' you're paying for...

But, IMO, that shouldn't be necessary.

Suggestion to read:
    Answers to common security questions - Best Practices - Anti-Virus, Anti-Malware, and Privacy Software

especially:

Smeed, Jul 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows security under security providers: - Similar Threads - security under security

2. Windows Security, Settings, Security Providers, Manage Providers, Web Protection, No Providers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security, Settings, Security Providers, Manage Providers, Web Protection, No Providers.: I have Windows 11 S Mode.Windows Security suggests Finding Security Apps in the Microsoft Store.Has anyone with my Windows mode downloaded a security app from Microsoft Store. It is my understanding that if I download another security app, it may be in conflict with Windows...
  3. Windows Security, Settings, Security Providers, Manage Providers, Web Protection, No Providers.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security, Settings, Security Providers, Manage Providers, Web Protection, No Providers.: I have Windows 11 S Mode.Windows Security suggests Finding Security Apps in the Microsoft Store.Has anyone with my Windows mode downloaded a security app from Microsoft Store. It is my understanding that if I download another security app, it may be in conflict with Windows...
  4. Windows Firewall not shown under Firewall under Security providers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Firewall not shown under Firewall under Security providers: Hi, I am running Windows 10 Home 64bit 21H2. Recently, the Windows Firewall is not shown under Firewall under Security providers: Settings - Windows Security - Virus & threat protection - Manager providers on the right-hand panel - Firewall.I am not sure why. I have done...
  5. Windows Firewall not shown under Firewall under Security providers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Firewall not shown under Firewall under Security providers: Hi, I am running Windows 10 Home 64bit 21H2. Recently, the Windows Firewall is not shown under Firewall under Security providers: Settings - Windows Security - Virus & threat protection - Manager providers on the right-hand panel - Firewall.I am not sure why. I have done...
  6. Windows Firewall not shown under Firewall under Security providers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Security Provider

Security Provider: Hi, While Malwarebytes was updating I noticed the Windows Security warning sign appear on the systray. I clicked on it and the 'Security Providers' settings window appeared showing that Malwarebytes was temporarily switched off. (I happened to notice as I was looking at the...
  8. Windows Security Manage Providers

Windows Security Manage Providers: Windows 10, 64 bit Settings; Update & Security; Windows Security; Virus & threat protection Windows Security display opens with default selection 'Open Windows Security' as the only option. Third party virus protection is not an option. Also when 'Manage Providers'...
  9. I Have no Security Provider in Windows Security

I Have no Security Provider in Windows Security: I noticed today that I cannot perform a virus scan and checked my security settings and found out that there is no security provider for antivirus, firewall and web protection. How and why did it happen? What are the things that I need to do to get the pc's protection back?...
  10. Windows Security says No Security Providers in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Security says No Security Providers in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If when you initiate a virus scan in Windows Defender on Windows 10 and the scan doesn’t run; and then you check Windows Security Center […] This article Windows Security says No Security Providers in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...