Windows 10: Windows Security Username and Password not working

Discus and support Windows Security Username and Password not working in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am trying to install Adobe Creative Cloud, which I am supposed to get for free through my university. When I attempt to login, a window pops up... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NeffWatts, Sep 14, 2019.

1. NeffWatts Win User

Windows Security Username and Password not working

I am trying to install Adobe Creative Cloud, which I am supposed to get for free through my university. When I attempt to login, a window pops up called "Windows Security" and asks for my user name and password. I've tried to get past this at least 15 times now with my Microsoft account information. But it still doesn't let me log in. It also doesn't give me any indication whether the information I gave was incorrect or not. It is not letting me log in to my school account so I can install Creative Cloud.

Here are some screenshots of what is happening:

I enter my university account information, and the window pops up: Windows Security Username and Password not working 11976412-5877-42ca-b66c-f80250ea03ba?upload=true.png

I enter my Microsoft account information (which I have triple checked to make sure it is correct):

Windows Security Username and Password not working 73685d6c-eb6c-42be-bed2-23324218c4a5?upload=true.png

I click "OK", and the window disappear, while the Adobe window briefly changes to this:

Windows Security Username and Password not working 8b07dd44-da3c-412a-8284-57b050e604ed?upload=true.png

This lasts about half of a second. Then the screen goes back to this:

Windows Security Username and Password not working b775e542-ba89-4174-821c-93db5b3206ac?upload=true.png

If I click "cancel" on the pop-up window, the university log-in tells me I have invalid credentials (even though I can log in on the browser using those credentials perfectly fine). Is there a way to stop the Windows Security from coming up? I really would just like to get my free software.

:)

NeffWatts, Sep 14, 2019

2. Why is windows security asking for username and password

Hi,

To isolate the issue, please provide the following information:

• Are you referring to either the Microsoft Security Essentials or the Windows Defender? If not, please specify which Windows security utility is asking for your username and password.
    • Does the issue also occur when you try to connect to other Wi-Fi networks?
    • What username and password is being asked (e.g. Microsoft Account, etc.)? If it's other than your Microsoft Account, please specify which account.
    • What happens when you try to enter your username and password?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?

Regards.

JohnRod Nav, Sep 25, 2019
  3. wifi username & password in Windows 10

adding the network manually is the only thing that has worked for me. After selecting a WiFi network and entering the network security key, Windows 10 prompts for a username and password. What username and password is being requested? it's not the username
    and password for the only user account on the machine, nor is it a username/password for the WiFi router.

The answer to the original question misses the mark.

Windows 10 is the only OS I've had issues with when connecting to this network. OSX, Android, iOS, and Windows 7 all work as expected. Only Windows 10 prompts for a username and password after entering the network key. Are there user permissions that
    need to be set even for an Administrator user?

RobWooten42, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Swifty Win User

I changed my windows username, password stopped working

If your user doesn't own any EFS encrypted files, then you can use this approach:

1. Create (or make sure you have) an administrator ID other than your own user.
    2. Make sure you can logon to this ID (i.e. you know its' password)
    3. Make the change to your username.
    4. Logon as your other administrator
    5. Go to "Control Panel" -> "User Accounts" (I don't know if Windows 10 has a "native" equivalent)
    6. Manage another account
    7. Click your username
    8. Change the password.

If you have EFS encrypted files, and you go this route, then you'll no longer be able to access their content. I use an encrypting backup mechanism to backup my encrypted files to a file which is not EFS encrypted. If you adopt this approach, then make sure that you can recover files from the backup before changing your own username!

To see if you have encrypted files, issue the command: cipher /u /n

Swifty, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Security Username and Password not working - Similar Threads - Security Username Password

2. Windows Security asking for Username and Password when trying to connect to university...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security asking for Username and Password when trying to connect to university...: Whenever I try to connect to the internet the connection shows "Action Needed" next to the connection and when I attempt to connect a Windows Security pop up comes up that says I need to enter my Username and Password, I tried entering my microsoft username and password but...
  3. Windows Security asking for Username and Password when trying to connect to university...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security asking for Username and Password when trying to connect to university...: Whenever I try to connect to the internet the connection shows "Action Needed" next to the connection and when I attempt to connect a Windows Security pop up comes up that says I need to enter my Username and Password, I tried entering my microsoft username and password but...
  4. usernames and passwords

in Windows 10 Customization
    usernames and passwords: how do i access all my usernames and passwords. I had them written down but lost them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usernames-and-passwords/62585e2c-7c94-4fa2-98fe-5755f3f02907
  5. username and password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    username and password: I am having a problem editing username through my microsoft password manager feature i want to edit username Found how to edit password but need to change username How is this done thru password manager...
  6. Windows security prompt missing username and password entry fields

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows security prompt missing username and password entry fields: I have a machine that when I do anything requiring elevation I'm getting the windows security pop up, but the username\password entry fields are missing and my only option is to select cancel. I've recreated the entire user profile but it's still happening. No idea at this...
  7. Windows security username and password windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows security username and password windows 10: trying to long in to my hp printer to fix a printing issue. the IP net work want the username and pass. where can i find this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-username-and-password-windows-10/51cca749-0db6-4d63-a812-2edee0ae9aa7
  8. Windows Security Login Prompt Does not Show Username or Password Dialog

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Security Login Prompt Does not Show Username or Password Dialog: In our environment, user can connect to VPN either through choosing the VPN option through the WiFi systems icon tray or opening the Network/VPN options Windows. They also have to authenticate with their credentials to connect for security. We noticed that for some users...
  9. uac username and password not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    uac username and password not working: Hello I have windows 10 professional version 1909 installed on my computer. The computer is not connected to a domain. I would like to make the uac prompt for credentials for my administrator account with the username and password. I had this setup before with windows 10...
  10. username and password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    username and password: how to find my internet password, it is connected from the router by cable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/username-and-password/e547cfd0-01b9-4977-b36b-5094fb340f7d