Windows 10: Windows Security Virus and threat protection

Discus and support Windows Security Virus and threat protection in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Something's wrong with the windows security scanners. Both the quick and full scan is not fully working properly. They only scan up to 49 files not... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JesseFernandez, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Windows Security Virus and threat protection

Something's wrong with the windows security scanners. Both the quick and full scan is not fully working properly. They only scan up to 49 files not complete the whole job they were designed to do. Once it reaches 49 the notification says the scan is complete. I need to know how to fix this problem properly.

Please respond back as soon as possible

:)

JesseFernandez, Sep 18, 2019

2. Virus & Threat Protection not show up in Windows Security

Hello,

My name is Jennifer, an independent advisor trying to help.

Here you have the steps to activate it:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/401298...

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/securi...

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/securi...

https://www.howto-connect.com/disable-enable-vi...

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it

Regards.

JenniferCooper19, Sep 18, 2019
  3. JCH54 Win User
    virus and threat protection

Virus and threat protection has stopped and will not restart, Windows 10 ver 1709, antimalware client ver 4.12.16299.15 . SuperAntiSpyware installed.

I have tried most of the suggestions from the support pages, all have been ineffective. Any suggestions

Moved from: Virus and Malware / Windows Defender / Updating Virus and Spyware Definitions / Windows 10

JCH54, Sep 18, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Windows Security Virus and threat protection

Virus and Threat Protection Warnings

Hi Penelope_AV

ETD_GetSMART.exe is HP Software and it is safe, that software is designed to check your hard drive for imminent failure and warn you

You can add that to the list of safe files in Controlled Folder Access to get rid of this warning

Open Windows Defender Security Center

Go to Virus & threat protection - Virus & threat protection settings

Scroll down to Controlled folder access

From there, you can add an app to the list of safe or allowed apps to prevent them from being blocked

ETD_GetSMART.exe is located in the following folder:

C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Support Framework\Resources\HPActiveHealth\Executable Agent Data\_Shared\DiskCheck\

DaveM121, Sep 18, 2019
Thema:

Windows Security Virus and threat protection

1. Windows Security Virus and threat protection - Similar Threads - Security Virus threat

2. Security Threats Under Virus & threat protection and Protection History

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Threats Under Virus & threat protection and Protection History: I have Windows 10 Home 21H1 OS Build 19043.2251.Under Virus & Threat Protection there is PUA:Win32/Solvusoft. How do I remove this without me personally touching registries? I do not want to manually touch registries. I already deleted the file download that triggered this....
  3. Security Threats Under Virus & threat protection and Protection History

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security Threats Under Virus & threat protection and Protection History: I have Windows 10 Home 21H1 OS Build 19043.2251.Under Virus & Threat Protection there is PUA:Win32/Solvusoft. How do I remove this without me personally touching registries? I do not want to manually touch registries. I already deleted the file download that triggered this....
  4. Security Threats Under Virus & threat protection and Protection History

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Virus/ Threat Protection in Windows Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus/ Threat Protection in Windows Security: My Virus/ Threat Protection in Windows Security will not load.Circle just spins. Thanks, J https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-threat-protection-in-windows-security/3e8c49f0-f3d3-49c2-ae5d-276fbb032981
  6. virus threat protection on in windows security

virus threat protection on in windows security: why can't I turn virus threat protection on in windows security https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-threat-protection-on-in-windows-security/4b908ecd-e61d-41d4-b711-80cbe629d7d3
  7. Windows security Virus & threat protection.

Windows security Virus & threat protection.: Windows security Virus & threat protection tells me that "Your Virus & threat protection is managed by your organization" Something is wrong since I don't have an organization. Please help...
  8. Windows Security Virus and threat protection

Windows Security Virus and threat protection: Something's wrong with the windows security scanners. Both the quick and full scan is not fully working properly. They only scan up to 49 files not complete the whole job they were designed to do. Once it reaches 49 the notification says the scan is complete. I need to know...
  9. security - virus & threat protection

security - virus & threat protection: My computer is showing virus & threat protection is managed by my organization. We are a small office and each computer should only have Windows Defender running. We also had Malwarebytes. I deleted Malwarebytes but now I cannot run Defender. I don't see any other...
  10. Windows Security : Virus & threat protection {Will not open.}

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Security : Virus & threat protection {Will not open.}: I click on "Virus & threat protection" and a message appears. It says "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information." Please help. Version 1803 (OS Build...