Windows 10: Windows Security Virus Scan

Discus and support Windows Security Virus Scan in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This issue just started the last couple days. The actions needed notification advises that the virus protection is turned off and should be restarted.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by stealth2920, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Windows Security Virus Scan

This issue just started the last couple days. The actions needed notification advises that the virus protection is turned off and should be restarted. I go into Windows Security and press the restart but after doing whatever for a couple minutes, it states there was an error and can't restart. Reboot my computer and the virus protection is on, but a short time later shuts off again. Win 10 Pro Version 1909 18363.778

:)

stealth2920, Apr 16, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows Security Virus Scan

Please confirm you don't have a list like this:

Windows Security Virus Scan [​IMG]

e.g. from here (or via the control panel):

If not, suggests deeper problems. To which uninstall option are you referring? (A picture is worth...)

dalchina, May 23, 2020
  3. Windows Security Virus Scan

Yes that's exactly what I have. If you notice there is an uninstall option next to organize if you scroll to other updates ie. office, but it will disappear once you scroll to the latest updates.

stealth2920, May 23, 2020
  4. Steve C Win User

Same problem here - see the status report below. Do we need to do something or wait for Microsoft to respond?

Problem started after last security update as reported above.

PS - I just got a definition file update to v1.313.1668.0 but problem remains

Steve C, May 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Security Virus Scan - Similar Threads - Security Virus Scan

2. Virus Scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus Scan: Hi all,When I select Virus Scan in Windows 11, be it quick scan or custom scan, there is no response to my request. It does nothing. Any advice anyone? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-scan/f310d87c-b91e-498c-9859-ffbfdd7e02c9
  3. Virus Scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus Scan: Hi all,When I select Virus Scan in Windows 11, be it quick scan or custom scan, there is no response to my request. It does nothing. Any advice anyone? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-scan/f310d87c-b91e-498c-9859-ffbfdd7e02c9
  4. Virus Scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus Scan: I did a virus scan, and it detected a registry key and value: HKLM/SOFTWARE/WOW6432NODE/DRSPU and also CLIENTID at the end.It detected it as a PUP.Is it really a threat?Please let me know ASAP.Virus Scan: Malwarebytes Premium Trial...
  5. Virus Scan, Windows Security and Windows Update are all not working

Virus Scan, Windows Security and Windows Update are all not working: Hi. So about a month ago, I noticed that the Windows Defender icon has disappeared from my system tray, but I didn't care back then. Just now though, I have noticed that when running a virus scan, it just gets stuck at 0 (it used to be so fast): [img] The Windows Security...
  6. Virus Scan, Windows Security and Windows Update are all not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Virus Scan, Windows Security and Windows Update are all not working: Hi. So about a month ago, I noticed that the Windows Defender icon has disappeared from my system tray, but I didn't care back then. Just now though, I have noticed that when running a virus scan, it just gets stuck at 0 (it used to be so fast): [img] The Windows Security...
  7. virus scan

virus scan: My stream keeps informing me of a needed virus scan. i do one and it never stops running. Everything seems fine but the quick scan is still going at it hours later. Can't find anything on it....
  8. Windows Security Scan finds Virus, Is a blocked Virus still on System

Windows Security Scan finds Virus, Is a blocked Virus still on System: Hi, I recently noticed some changes to Windows Security. No longer is there a delete option after taking actions against a Virus. If the action result shows the Virus is blocked does the Virus still remain on the System ? If so is there any way to permanently remove the...
  9. Windows Security Scan finds Virus, Is a blocked Virus still on System

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Security Scan finds Virus, Is a blocked Virus still on System: Hi, I recently noticed some changes to Windows Security. No longer is there a delete option after taking actions against a Virus. If the action result shows the Virus is blocked does the Virus still remain on the System ? If so is there any way to permanently remove the...
  10. scanning for viruses

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    scanning for viruses: Could you tell me how to use Windows Defender? I usually open the folders, then close them before starting the scanning. Will the scanning look through all the folders and programs if I don’t open these folders?...