Windows 10: Windows Security Virus & thread protection warning for ransomware protection

Discus and support Windows Security Virus & thread protection warning for ransomware protection in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Home with all the updates installed as of 2019-11-30, 15:38 UTC. For a couple of weeks, the notification centre warning has been... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Andead27, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Andead27 Win User

Windows Security Virus & thread protection warning for ransomware protection

I have Windows 10 Home with all the updates installed as of 2019-11-30, 15:38 UTC.

For a couple of weeks, the notification centre warning has been annoying me with asking to set up OneDrive, which I do not want to use.

When I click on "Dismiss", I expect the warning to disappear. But nothing happens. As if there is an error happening in the background, and the UI simply swallows it.

After I removed OneDrive, reopened Settings, the warning was no longer there. But the notification icon in the system tray was still present.

A similar thread of the last year seems to have no answers from Microsoft or anyone.

I would like OneDrive to remain installed, yet not bother me with the suggestion to become my ransomware backup option.

Windows Security Virus & thread protection warning for ransomware protection 611d1b22-bafb-432d-b3f5-bfc7540ea900?upload=true.png

:)

Andead27, Dec 1, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Virus and Threat Protection Warnings

Hi Penelope_AV

ETD_GetSMART.exe is HP Software and it is safe, that software is designed to check your hard drive for imminent failure and warn you

You can add that to the list of safe files in Controlled Folder Access to get rid of this warning

Open Windows Defender Security Center

Go to Virus & threat protection - Virus & threat protection settings

Scroll down to Controlled folder access

From there, you can add an app to the list of safe or allowed apps to prevent them from being blocked

ETD_GetSMART.exe is located in the following folder:

C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Support Framework\Resources\HPActiveHealth\Executable Agent Data\_Shared\DiskCheck\

DaveM121, Dec 1, 2019
  3. 7MM
    7mm Win User
    Virus Protection

I'd Suggest You Better Skip The Idea of Using Those Security Suites. Better Use Some Free To Use Yet HIghly Rated For VIrus Protection Engines. Here's What I Suggest Top Three...

1. Avira AntiVir Personal Classic Edition
    2. Avast! Home Edition
    3. AVG Free

Avira Is Found To Trigger Less False Alarms Than Anyother AV (Even Paid Don't Have That Kind'a Accuracy), & Is Much Better Than some of The Paid Ones. Next Is Avast!, For It's Individual Scanner Protection & It's Unique VRDB (Virus Recovery Database) Feature.

If You're Looking For Firewall Protection Then Again, The Free Stuff Come To The Rescue.

1. ZoneAlarm Free
    2. Comodo Firewall Pro.
    3. PC Tools Firewall

We All Know How Good ZA Firewall Can Be..! Comodo Has Passed All The Leak Test That Can Be Serious For Your System Security. PC Tools Is Not New To The Scene Here, Still Has Very Good Firewall With Less Questions Asked, Recomended For NewBie.

4. mta3006 Win User

Virus security protection with W10

Check to see if controlled folder access is activated under Windows Security -> Virus and Threat protection -> Manage Ransomware protection. If it is activated, there should be an option to allow Quicken program to bypass the protection to install and run. Don't know if admin login would have helped.

mta3006, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Security Virus & thread protection warning for ransomware protection - Similar Threads - Security Virus thread

2. ransomware protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ransomware protection: will microsoft defender's ransomware protection work if using avira free antivirus.avira free's ransomware protection is locked behind a paywall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/ransomware-protection/5c6595fe-f89a-4e70-816c-2aff4929aac5
  3. Virus & Thread Protection Icon is not available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus & Thread Protection Icon is not available: Hello,I had a Norton Deluxe installed on my window 11. I didn't want to renew it, so I uninstalled it and went to enable my Virus & Thread Protection in my Windows Security. Surprisingly, there is no Icon for that in my security section!I attached a photo of my panel. Any...
  4. Warning in Virus & threat protection

Warning in Virus & threat protection: How do I remove the red X under virus & threat protection?[Original Title: Security] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/warning-in-virus-threat-protection/a646d323-bf3d-4fec-9e24-1244d808d5d3
  5. Virus & Thread Protection

Virus & Thread Protection: Why My Virus & Thread Protection Has Stopped? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-thread-protection/3db89fd5-b049-418a-8266-b10723ca893b
  6. Regarding windows security virus and thread protection settings

Regarding windows security virus and thread protection settings: Hi i am naga . My laptop virus and thread protection real time protection is not switching on . I don't know what happened . I tried with gpedit, services and registry editors also none of them worked for me . Can you suggest me right solution . I don't have another anti...
  7. Virus and thread protection is mannaged by something

Virus and thread protection is mannaged by something: Hello. It says have no antivirus ongoing. In the menu of Safetyproviders in the pop down there is no possibility for me to turn on windows anti virus. I have tried many things. Any thing you can think of to do? Also I have problems with startupchecklibrary.dll...
  8. Ransomware protection

Ransomware protection: That ransomware protection that Windows Defender has might a little to over-protection. When turned on: It will not access save games from Origin and other EA games Uplay seems not the problem I find it really necessary to share this information. It seems like Win Defender...
  9. Virus and Threat Protection Warnings

Virus and Threat Protection Warnings: I continually get this message from the Windows Defender Security Center: Virus and Threat Protection Unauthorised changes blocked Controlled folder access blocked C:\Pro...\ETD_GetSMART.exe from making changes to memory Is there a way to remove this virus from my...
  10. Ransomware Protection?

Ransomware Protection?: Been visiting a website that discusses ransomware and all of the nasty things that can happen, starting to make me paranoid. Data files are backed up and stored offline, but still...So, I am looking for a quality anti-ransomware software package. As I am new to this concept,...