Windows 10: Windows Security - Virus & threat protection won't restart

Discus and support Windows Security - Virus & threat protection won't restart in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hi team, It's been a couple of days now and I tried letting it fix itself but can't seem to restart my Virus & threat protection. If I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Official_Rom, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Windows Security - Virus & threat protection won't restart

/u/Official_Rom, Feb 1, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Virus threat protection

Hi Valentin

As an alternative approach, you can allow that utility through the Controlled Folder Access section of WIndows 10 security . . .

Open Windows Defender Security Center

Go to Virus & threat protection - Virus & threat protection settings

Scroll down to Controlled folder access

From there, you can add Dell Data Vault to the list of safe or allowed apps to prevent it from being blocked

Please do not leave Controlled Folder Access turned off permanently

DaveM121, Feb 1, 2020
  3. JCH54 Win User
    virus and threat protection

Virus and threat protection has stopped and will not restart, Windows 10 ver 1709, antimalware client ver 4.12.16299.15 . SuperAntiSpyware installed.

I have tried most of the suggestions from the support pages, all have been ineffective. Any suggestions

Moved from: Virus and Malware / Windows Defender / Updating Virus and Spyware Definitions / Windows 10

JCH54, Feb 1, 2020
  4. Windows Security - Virus & threat protection won't restart

Virus & Threat Protection not show up in Windows Security

Hello,

My name is Jennifer, an independent advisor trying to help.

Here you have the steps to activate it:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/401298...

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/securi...

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/securi...

https://www.howto-connect.com/disable-enable-vi...

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it

Regards.

JenniferCooper19, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows Security - Virus & threat protection won't restart

1. Windows Security - Virus & threat protection won't restart - Similar Threads - Security Virus threat

2. Virus threat protection will not restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus threat protection will not restart: I keep getting a warning that the virus protection mees attention. I go the settings, click on restart and I get the error message that "an error has occurred please restart." I have dome this several times with the same results....
  3. Windows Security - Virus & Threat Protection won't update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security - Virus & Threat Protection won't update: Hi, No matter what I tried, windows virus & threat protection won't update and will display an error. Based on people who had similar problems, here is what I tried, with no success: 1 used the windows update troubleshooter 2 used the "sfc /scannow" command, followed by...
  4. Virus Threat & Protection will not restart?

Virus Threat & Protection will not restart?: Virus Threat & Protection will not restart? * Moved from Win 10/Settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-threat-protection-will-not-restart/879dfe47-d725-401a-a925-869218efba05
  5. Virus Threat & Protection will not restart?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Virus Threat & Protection will not restart?: Virus Threat & Protection will not restart? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-threat-protection-will-not-restart/879dfe47-d725-401a-a925-869218efba05
  6. security - virus & threat protection

security - virus & threat protection: My computer is showing virus & threat protection is managed by my organization. We are a small office and each computer should only have Windows Defender running. We also had Malwarebytes. I deleted Malwarebytes but now I cannot run Defender. I don't see any other...
  7. Windows defender -- virus threat protection -- won't restart

Windows defender -- virus threat protection -- won't restart: How does one fix this problem? Windows security virus and threat protection says it needs to be restarted. However, when an attempt is made to restart it, it reports, "Unexpected error. Sorry we ran into a problem. Please try again." Trying again and again gets the same...
  8. Virus & threat protection won't restart

Virus & threat protection won't restart: I am getting, "Threat service has stopped. Restart it now, Restart now gives, "Unexpected error. Sorry, we ran into a problem. Please try again." DISM and SFC /scannow do not give error messages 122731
  9. Virus & threat protection won't restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Virus & threat protection won't restart: I am getting, "Threat service has stopped. Restart it now, Restart now gives, "Unexpected error. Sorry, we ran into a problem. Please try again." DISM and SFC /scannow do not give error messages 122731
  10. Windows Virus & Threat Protection Won't Restart

Windows Virus & Threat Protection Won't Restart: I downloaded a few files today, and noticed that my virus and threat protection was turned off. There was also some random program called Chromium that I did not download. I pressed restart for the virus protection, and it kept loading for like 2-3 minutes. Then says...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. virus and threat protection will not restart

2. virus and threat protection restart

3. restart virus and threat protection

4. windows virus and threat has stopped and will not restart,
  5. cant restart virus and threat protection,
  6. virus threat protection will not restart,
  7. windows 10 virus will not restart,
  8. virus and threat protection on windows 10 not working,
  9. how to restart Windows Security virus and threat protection ,
  10. virus and threat protection windows 10 not working,
  11. virus and threat protection windows 10 wont restart,