Windows 10: Windows Security warns "Security Suite by F-Secure protection is out of date," but I never...

Discus and support Windows Security warns "Security Suite by F-Secure protection is out of date," but I never... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My Windows Security icon in the taskbar is constantly red with an "Actions Needed" warning, but when I open it, the only issue is that "Security Suite... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by traigo12, Feb 23, 2021.

1. traigo12 Win User

Windows Security warns "Security Suite by F-Secure protection is out of date," but I never...

My Windows Security icon in the taskbar is constantly red with an "Actions Needed" warning, but when I open it, the only issue is that "Security Suite by F-Secure protection is out of date." I never installed F-Secure and had never even heard of it until this issue came up. There are buttons to "Install update" and "Open app," but neither one does anything because F-Secure is not actually installed on my computer. A file search also doesn't turn up a single file or folder containing the term "F-Secure."

Also, within the Windows Security dashboard, I can click "Manage providers" and see "Security Suite by F-Secure" listed, but still cannot open, update, or remove it.

I don't know where this came from or how to get rid of it. It doesn't seem to be hurting anything, but the problem is that if a real issue does come up I won't know because I'll think the red icon is just about this thing. I also worry about where it came from; that it might be a symptom of some kind of malware. If anyone has any ideas on how to get rid of this, that would be fantastic! Thanks :

:)

traigo12, Feb 23, 2021
  2. 95Viper Win User

Internet security

If you must have AVG...

Here is the comparison list --> We’ve got the right protection for you

Seems the AVG Premium Security 2014 is the better deal; as, it has all the features of the other, plus Identity Alert, Quick Tune and Premium Mobile Security.

95Viper, Feb 23, 2021
  3. BOW
    Bow Win User
    Windows Security

Is Windows Security, Fire Wall and Defender enough to protect a system? All I use it for is games, email, and some surfin the net.

Thema:

Windows Security warns "Security Suite by F-Secure protection is out of date," but I never...

1. Windows Security warns "Security Suite by F-Secure protection is out of date," but I never... - Similar Threads - Security warns Security

2. MS Security suites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Security suites: I'm interested in security packages. Like Acronis Cyber Protect 15. Need intrusion protection.* Changed to a question and moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-security-suites/51828a8a-029c-41f6-9e08-d31bbfdd906b
  3. MS Security suites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Security suites: I'm interested in security packages. Like Acronis Cyber Protect 15. Need intrusion protection.* Changed to a question and moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-security-suites/51828a8a-029c-41f6-9e08-d31bbfdd906b
  4. Windows Xp Suite Security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Xp Suite Security: With Windows XP sp1-3 and standard being end of support how vulnerable are the non-desktop devices that still use these OSs? What are the best practices now? Truly curious as cyber security concerns are growing...
  5. Windows Xp Suite Security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Xp Suite Security: With Windows XP sp1-3 and standard being end of support how vulnerable are the non-desktop devices that still use these OSs? What are the best practices now? Truly curious as cyber security concerns are growing...
  6. windows 11,microsoft edge- charter security suite windows defender/f-secure

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows 11,microsoft edge- charter security suite windows defender/f-secure: hello all- seen a few entries,but, not clear answers? running w-11,micro-edge. windows defender actively running. have charter security suite- f-secure included. f-secure is prompting me to "turn on micro-edge extensions" for security? will this work w/ defender?what happens...
  7. Security Warning

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Security Warning: This is our website page: https://www.lordkrishnabuilders.com/project/villas-in-thrissur/Our website page is secure, but When I open with mozilla is it showing security warning. What is the reason?...
  8. Security warnings

in Windows 10 Support
    Security warnings: Since the 1809 update, every time I want to open a photo, which have been on my PC for ages, I get the Open file - security warning, and I have to keep clicking the OK box before I can see photo. How do I stop this box coming up? Thank you 123830
  9. Security protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security protection: I need to know if ajtechy is a third party support service for Microsoft. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/mse-protect_scanning-windows_other/security-protection/bf664332-1ccb-4a32-b4a2-f85862f1f492
  10. Security warning

in Browsers and Email
    Security warning: Each time I want to search in Google,I am getting this security message(see screen shot). This has only started happening recently,can it be disabled and how? Regards. [img] 74513