Windows 10: windows security will not load

Discus and support windows security will not load in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; my search for this brings up LOADS of really old advice on locked links. Here is the problem Using Windows 10 and Edge beta. When I boot the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by auldtwa, Feb 4, 2020.

1. auldtwa Win User

windows security will not load

my search for this brings up LOADS of really old advice on locked links. Here is the problem

Using Windows 10 and Edge beta.

When I boot the computer, messages from the Firewall pop up saying that they are blocking part of Edge way to go, Firewall--block your own products!! I click "allow" and the whole thing stops responding. It just hangs until the "is not responding" pop up shows up. I've hit "report this to Microsoft innumerable times.

So I thought--go to Windows Security itself and look at the Firewall and see if there is an "allow" button for Edge. Nothing happens when I click Windows Security. Just a little blue dot running over and over at the very top. Same thing with the Firewall. This from Control Panel.

I downloaded the little app from Microsoft: MSERT.exe. I ran the scan and it came up clean. I have anti-malware real time protection Malwarebytes Premium which works fine and I THOUGHT I had virus protection from Windows Defender, but who knows now? No way of checking.

I'm not sure when this started. I recently two days ago? downloaded Edge Beta so that I could use Edge as a default, on advice of someone in the forum. But the hanging "firewall blocking" unresponsive firewall notifications were coming up before that, on both Chrome and Firefox. I just didn't bother to check Windows Security at the time. So it seems unlikely that Edge is the problem.

Anyone know how to get Windows Security working again? BTW, when I download something I also get a message that the "screening" shell isn't working and to check my internet connection. My connection is working fine--fiber optic on ethernet. The older advice suggested going into Explorer and finding a particular file, but I can't find it. I did find a "shortcut" to Windows Defender but it too just hung.

I keep rebooting, but nothing is working to solve this.

:)

auldtwa, Feb 4, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 4, 2020
  3. qubit Win User
    Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Feb 4, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

1. windows security will not load - Similar Threads - security load

2. windows security stuck at loading screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows security stuck at loading screen: I got my laptop used. Ever since i got the laptop, i have unable to access windows security either from the settings or from start. anytime i start the app it is always stuck at the start page then closes after a while. when i try to open it from privacy and security in...
  3. windows security stuck at loading screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows security stuck at loading screen: I got my laptop used. Ever since i got the laptop, i have unable to access windows security either from the settings or from start. anytime i start the app it is always stuck at the start page then closes after a while. when i try to open it from privacy and security in...
  4. How to get update and security page to load after reset. Currently directing to display on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get update and security page to load after reset. Currently directing to display on...: I did a reset of Windows 10 on my laptop today and afterwards the update and security link directs back to my laptop display instead of opening in the settings. I haven't done anything else because I don't know what to do!...
  5. How to get update and security page to load after reset. Currently directing to display on...

How to get update and security page to load after reset. Currently directing to display on...: I did a reset of Windows 10 on my laptop today and afterwards the update and security link directs back to my laptop display instead of opening in the settings. I haven't done anything else because I don't know what to do!...
  6. How to get update and security page to load after reset. Currently directing to display on...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Wifi says "connected, secured" but does not load anything from the internet at all.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi says "connected, secured" but does not load anything from the internet at all.: I have a Lenovo IdeaPad 5, and it's been with me since August 2022.Recently, in the past week or two, I've encountered an issue with the WiFi. Regardless of which network I'm connected to—be it at home, work, or university—it shows "connected, secure." However, when I attempt...
  8. Wifi says "connected, secured" but does not load anything from the internet at all.

Wifi says "connected, secured" but does not load anything from the internet at all.: I have a Lenovo IdeaPad 5, and it's been with me since August 2022.Recently, in the past week or two, I've encountered an issue with the WiFi. Regardless of which network I'm connected to—be it at home, work, or university—it shows "connected, secure." However, when I attempt...
  9. security preventing driver ew_usbccgpfilter.sys from loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    security preventing driver ew_usbccgpfilter.sys from loading: trying to load cell phone onto new computer and keep getting security preventing driver ew_usbccgpfilter.sys from loading. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-preventing-driver-ewusbccgpfiltersys-from/04975dd0-e01b-415e-b449-6350db7635a5
  10. security preventing driver ew_usbccgpfilter.sys from loading

security preventing driver ew_usbccgpfilter.sys from loading: trying to load cell phone onto new computer and keep getting security preventing driver ew_usbccgpfilter.sys from loading. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-preventing-driver-ewusbccgpfiltersys-from/04975dd0-e01b-415e-b449-6350db7635a5