Windows 10: Windows Security

Discus and support Windows Security in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; So I keep getting notification telling me that my firewall is turned off. But when I check my antivirus software and Windows Security it tells me that... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ToddLyt, May 28, 2019.

1. ToddLyt Win User

Windows Security

So I keep getting notification telling me that my firewall is turned off. But when I check my antivirus software and Windows Security it tells me that it is on and there is no action needed. What is going on and should I be worried?

:)

ToddLyt, May 28, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 28, 2019
  3. qubit Win User
    Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, May 28, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Windows Security

Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, May 28, 2019
Thema:

Windows Security

1. Windows Security - Similar Threads - Security

2. security - virus & threat protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    security - virus & threat protection: My computer is showing virus & threat protection is managed by my organization. We are a small office and each computer should only have Windows Defender running. We also had Malwarebytes. I deleted Malwarebytes but now I cannot run Defender. I don't see any other...
  3. all my security cams

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    all my security cams: After the latest update, i.e., last week i guess the webcam stopped working also all my security cams stopped displaying the video but recorded ok. I tried all the troubleshooting options but to no effect and also under the device manager there is no imaging devices...
  4. One Drive no secure perio

One Drive no secure perio: I want to know who gave Microsoft the authority to steal data from users of one drive or a supposedly secure, cloud based data storage system, without asking WE THE USERS of one drive if they wanted some or all of their date uploaded into an insecure cloud based system....
  5. Windows Defender Security Centre

Windows Defender Security Centre: This is now the 3rd time that I have been unable to update Windows Security!! I get a message saying YOUR VIRUS AND THREAT PROTECCTION IS MANAGED BY YOUR ORGANISATION. Please help as this is becoming really annoying....
  6. Win 10 Timeline Security Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Timeline Security Issue: Hi, I am concerned that there is a security issue with Timeline as implemented in Win 10 1803, Local users without admin rights can see timeline activities of Main Admin Account. The scenario goes like this.. Main PC admin account, associated with Microsoft Account (L:...
  7. ESET SECURITY

ESET SECURITY: I am trying out ESET security based on a recomedation I received in the Community. I love it and considering purchasing it but not until my free trial is almost out - that way I get an extra month. They are already showing me -"only 29 days left purchase now". My question...
  8. security essentials wont install error 70643

security essentials wont install error 70643: Please will you suggest how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/security-essentials-wont-install-error-70643/ab0c4679-3161-4a5d-8d3f-1a6f2476222d
  9. How to uninstall Secured Yahoo Powered ?

How to uninstall Secured Yahoo Powered ?: Have tried a lot to remove this PUP. Used malwarebytes also but nothing changed. Its not getting unistalled. Have read that it's in the registry. Please help....
  10. kernel security check failure 长期无法解决

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    kernel security check failure 长期无法解决: 电脑开机状态,长时间不用,自动休眠后开机,出现kernel security check failure的蓝屏,反复出现一直没有改善 dump 文件 链接:https://pan.baidu.com/s/1kU4rYB6IvExyEJZlkyLPvw 提取码:54r7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kernel-security-check-failure/59e5637d-3fc7-4d46-b4f0-aec22b14338c