Windows 10: Windows Security

Discus and support Windows Security in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Since the upgrade to Windows Version 10.0.18362.175 I noticed that the green check mark is missing from Device Performance & Health yet all items are... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JPickett60, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Windows Security

Since the upgrade to Windows Version 10.0.18362.175 I noticed that the green check mark is missing from Device Performance & Health

yet all items are good & no problems are shown. How do you get the green check mark back?

:)

JPickett60, Jun 15, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 15, 2019
  3. qubit Win User
    Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Jun 15, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Windows Security

Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows Security

1. Windows Security - Similar Threads - Security

2. Windows Security Antivirus Scanning Error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security Antivirus Scanning Error: My Windows Security is scanning only "11" Files in Quick Scan and Full Scan and my Security Intelligence updates are up to date. How to Fix the error?? [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  3. Microsoft Security Essentials Suddenly Started Doing Very Short Scans

Microsoft Security Essentials Suddenly Started Doing Very Short Scans: I updated Microsoft Security Essentials this morning and immediately performed a Quick Scan, but it only took a matter of seconds and reported that it had scanned just 19 items. It would normally scan tens-of-thousands of items on a computer that hasn't been formatted for...
  4. I have two Questions, Problems _SERIOUS SECURITY ISSUES: (1) Windows 10 My Screen turned to...

I have two Questions, Problems _SERIOUS SECURITY ISSUES: (1) Windows 10 My Screen turned to...: Hello Microsoft Community, I have two Questions, Problems _SERIOUS SECURITY ISSUES: (1) Windows 10 My Screen turned to Grayscale - I did not change anything; (2) I need help securing my PCs, Network, accounts, and my Identity. (1) Problem: my screen changed to Grayscale...
  5. Microsoft Security Essentials is not scanning past 7 seconds on either full or quick scan!

Microsoft Security Essentials is not scanning past 7 seconds on either full or quick scan!: I downloaded the latest update which was supposed to "correct the error" and it did not help. I have Win7pro, running on Firefox using my Dell Precision m6800 laptop....
  6. Quick scan through Windows Security

Quick scan through Windows Security: I just ran a quick scan through Windows Security and it said 5 files scanned. Every time in the past it scanned a little over 20,000 files. Even ran a full scan and it also said 5 files scanned. Why isn't it scanning all files?...
  7. Windows 10 Security Scan Concern

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Security Scan Concern: I ran a Quick scan on my Windows 10 system today after doing a check for updates. It was much quicker than usual, only scanning 7 files. The I ran a Full Scan and it seemed the same as the quick scan, much quicker than normal and only scanning 7 files. Normally, in the past...
  8. "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes."

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes.": I keep getting: "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes." After trying to update Windows 10 Please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-device-is-missing-important-security-and/e2e71993-7610-40b5-a0f8-d19c3578d812
  9. I dont receive microsoft account security codes

I dont receive microsoft account security codes: I have checked spam, all possible emails. I resend it as many times as i want but i still dont get it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-receive-microsoft-account-security-codes/5972f398-b016-4204-a693-b54af2ea1f00"
  10. "This security ID may not be assigned as the owner of this object", when trying to create...

in Windows 10 Customization
    "This security ID may not be assigned as the owner of this object", when trying to create...: Hi, I, and a couple of other members in our IT Team who are in the "Domain Administrators" group in active directory have been trying unsuccessfully to create a new GPO in the GPMC. Delegation is set to allow Domain Admins to create a new GPO, but whenever we try, we're...