Windows 10: Windows seems confused as to whether I am signed in to a microsoft account.

Discus and support Windows seems confused as to whether I am signed in to a microsoft account. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In settings, It says over my account section that I'm on a local account, but then doesn't when I go to the account page, and Microsoft Rewards prompts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by UnstopyLife, Dec 5, 2021.

1. Windows seems confused as to whether I am signed in to a microsoft account.

In settings, It says over my account section that I'm on a local account, but then doesn't when I go to the account page, and Microsoft Rewards prompts me to sign in, but says to find an app in the microsoft store. Microsoft store has me signed out as well, and when I attempt to sign in it only gives me the option to "Continue" on the popup and clicking this closes the popup and nothing happens. I can't play my games since this is happening so I would prefer if I could get this fixed.

:)

UnstopyLife, Dec 5, 2021

2. sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Dec 5, 2021
  3. Teokute Win User
    Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. Windows seems confused as to whether I am signed in to a microsoft account. :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, Dec 5, 2021
  4. Windows seems confused as to whether I am signed in to a microsoft account.

Signing in Microsoft Account password issue confusing

I have an active Microsoft Account. But in the settings, I am unable to turn on the "sync" button. A suggestion was to use a Microsoft Account instead of the Local Administrator. OK. But I sign in with my Microsoft e-mail, then my password, and get to
    the next screen. There it warns me that Microsoft needs one more time for me to enter my WINDOWS password, but if I don't have a WINDOWS password, leave that blank and select "Next." OK When I select "next," I get the warning red message that my password
    was incorrect. This has been the case forever, and it is very confusing.

I feel if I can get the Microsoft Account (rather than a local administrator) set up, then I could turn on the sync button.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

SallyBreen, Dec 5, 2021
Thema:

Windows seems confused as to whether I am signed in to a microsoft account.

1. Windows seems confused as to whether I am signed in to a microsoft account. - Similar Threads - seems confused whether

2. My computer seems to be confused whether or not I'm connected to wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer seems to be confused whether or not I'm connected to wifi: One day seemingly randomly my internet would not connect to Wi-Fi or my ethernet. I use ethernet to connect to the internet my computer has never had an issue like this before but it would show the icon that I have no internet like the one pictured in the ss I sent, I had...
  3. My computer seems to be confused whether or not I'm connected to wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer seems to be confused whether or not I'm connected to wifi: One day seemingly randomly my internet would not connect to Wi-Fi or my ethernet. I use ethernet to connect to the internet my computer has never had an issue like this before but it would show the icon that I have no internet like the one pictured in the ss I sent, I had...
  4. Windows seems confused as to whether I am signed in to a microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows seems confused as to whether I am signed in to a microsoft account.: In settings, It says over my account section that I'm on a local account, but then doesn't when I go to the account page, and Microsoft Rewards prompts me to sign in, but says to find an app in the microsoft store. Microsoft store has me signed out as well, and when I attempt...
  5. I am confused

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am confused: Hello, my name is joseph Im 18 I am calling on the community for some help. So this may seen weird that im 18 and i play roblox and use discord and stuff. So my dad blocks roblox and discord off of my computer. I have tried to go through regedit and cmd prompt and files also...
  6. microsoft account confusion

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    microsoft account confusion: when i got my pc my brothers friend sighed they're microsoft account on it and i didnt know that is they're a way to not lose my data on my computer i'm confused someone please help...
  7. Microsoft Accounts confusion and Outlook confusion

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Accounts confusion and Outlook confusion: A Account confusion: I had to re-install Windows 10 and Microsoft 365 for the third time as for various reasons my new PC had to be reset to factory settings twice. Having a MS account using my e-mail address call it here #1 at the 3rd install was not accepted. Trying #2...
  8. Microsoft Windows 10 Seems Confused About Accounts Over LAN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Windows 10 Seems Confused About Accounts Over LAN: Hi, So, first a little background. I've been running a home network since the late 90's, variously using 98, XP, Vista, 7 and now finally 10 over the years. I've never had so many problems with basic network functionality until these last two years. But this isn't a gripe...
  9. I am Confused

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am Confused: I just bought Java edition and I thought it would be like what what I see on YouTube but it's not, it's just like Pocket edition! I thought it would be different. Specifically mobs, like the fox is not in PE but I've seen that on Pc it's there! Please explain....
  10. Microsoft Account Confusion

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account Confusion: When I first setup my PC I used my MS account to login. The account name was an email address from cox.net. However shortly thereafter I changed to a local account. A few months ago I changed the account name to a Gmail address in anticipation of changing my internet provider...