Windows 10: Windows seems to be defragging my SSDs

Discus and support Windows seems to be defragging my SSDs in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'm not sure if this is right, but Windows appears to be defragging my SSDs since the new build. See image: [img] I have turned off optimization... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Gurn Blanston, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Windows seems to be defragging my SSDs

I'm not sure if this is right, but Windows appears to be defragging my SSDs since the new build. See image:

Windows seems to be defragging my SSDs [​IMG]

I have turned off optimization for now to keep it from happening, but I thought that Win 10 automatically did NOT defrag SSDs? Is there a registry setting that maybe has become corrupted?

There is some serious weirdness happening with this new system.

:)

Gurn Blanston, Jan 2, 2020

2. Defragmenting SSD

Hello everyone! Should I use the Windows 10 built-in Disk Defragmentation to defragment my SSD? Some internet sources suggest that SSDs should never be defragmented.

Nikos Lagios, Jan 2, 2020
  3. Defragment & SSD

Hi.

I have installed a Samsung SSD 850 Evo on a Windows 10 build 10.0.14393.

In the Defragment software, I saw "trimmed" instead of "defragmented".

What is trim? Is it necessary to run defragment on SSD?

Running defragment makes any problem to SSD or not?

Thank you.

Reza_Mesgaran, Jan 2, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows seems to be defragging my SSDs

SSD defragmenting on or off on windows 8.1?

I also read on the internet that defragmenting SSD's is not really needed.
    Or should I download auslogics and defragment my SSD with this?

P4-630, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows seems to be defragging my SSDs

1. Windows seems to be defragging my SSDs - Similar Threads - seems defragging SSDs

2. Defrag . . .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defrag . . .: I used the defrag, built into Windows 10 & 11It did, a good job! But, I was wondering?Is is there a third party, version of defrag.That would, defragment. A Windows 10, & Windows 11.Dual partition hard drive? Hopefully it would go, a little further?Any suggestions, would be...
  3. M2 SSDs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    M2 SSDs: Motherboard: Intel B560Processor: i511400OS: Windows 11SSD: Western Digital 2TBWindows won’t recognize me M2 SSD and I’m not sure why, I went to disk management and nothing. I went to the BIOS and it’s not showing there either. I used the cmd tool and put in the command’ disk...
  4. Windows defrag doesnt defrag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows defrag doesnt defrag: Windows 10 Pro defrag utility shows my HDD as needing "optimization" saying the defrag level is at 13%. I start the "optimization" defrag process and it goes through 5 passes of defragging,consolidating etc then stops and still says its defrag level is at 13% - in other...
  5. Is Windows 10 Defragging SSDs and TRIM-ing HDDs exclusive to version 2004 and is it an...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is Windows 10 Defragging SSDs and TRIM-ing HDDs exclusive to version 2004 and is it an...: Hey guys. I've just checked the Event Viewer for "Defrag" event to see whether the recent "issue" exists in previous version of Windows 10 (1909). Here is the album where it can be seen that both defrag and TRIM have been done to both SSD and HDD. The events are not shown...
  6. Windows 10 2004 actually "defragging" SSDs during maintainence?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 2004 actually "defragging" SSDs during maintainence?: During the scheduled maintenance, windows would literally defrag my 3 SSDs. The SSDs would have 100% activity and in Disk Optimizer, it would show "Pass 1: x x x" (system is in chinese, don't know the exact translation). I know there is a TRIM bug in 2004 but SSDs being...
  7. defrag

defrag: Does defrag remove files that I have deleted ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defrag/dd96aa2f-354e-4229-9ebc-230e5ead0cd0
  8. To defrag or not to defrag? (non-SSD)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    To defrag or not to defrag? (non-SSD): My secondary drive in my system is a 2TB standard hard drive. Windows 10 defrag (both UI and the command line) tells me that I do not need to defrag the disk, as it is "0% fragmented" but upon delving a little further (adding the /V switch) I notice that it doesn't include...
  9. Defrag

Defrag: How do I defrag my computer in Windows 10? The instructions say to choose the search bar on the taskbar but I don't have a search bar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/defrag/9f747c8d-5d36-4c2c-b933-227488d99d2e
  10. Defrag

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Defrag: Having set win 10 defrag to work on a daily bases - it's not working. Gone three days now and no optimization. Anyone come across this? or know of a fix. Pete.*Sad 30186