Windows 10: Windows seems to disable displays or renderers when locked

Discus and support Windows seems to disable displays or renderers when locked in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey, So I have Windows 10 PC set up to run a game and do some logging with Task scheduler. It is timed to happen during the night, while the PC is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LaszloCzine, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Windows seems to disable displays or renderers when locked

Hey,

So I have Windows 10 PC set up to run a game and do some logging with Task scheduler. It is timed to happen during the night, while the PC is locked.

The task launches successfully and starts the game, but as the game launches I see renderer failure messages in the log like this:

<03:33:19.317> Renderer initialization
    <03:33:19.319> Logging video adapters:
    <03:33:19.452> - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 (vendor = 0x10de, device = 0x1b80)
    <03:33:19.452> - Adapter index: 0
    <03:33:19.452> - Dedicated video memory: 8079 MB
    <03:33:19.452> - Feature level: DX11 (SM 5.0)
    <03:33:19.452> - Displays connected: no
    <03:33:19.452> - Suitable rendering device: no
    <03:33:19.468> - Microsoft Basic Render Driver (vendor = 0x1414, device = 0x008c)
    <03:33:19.468> - Adapter index: 1
    <03:33:19.468> - Dedicated video memory: 0 MB
    <03:33:19.468> - Feature level: DX11 (SM 5.0)
    <03:33:19.468> - Displays connected: no
    <03:33:19.468> - Suitable rendering device: no
    <03:33:19.470> Unsupported GPU configuration!
    - (vendor = 0x0000, device = 0x0000)
    - Dedicated video memory: 0 MB
    - Feature level: unknown

Renderer failed to initialize correctly.

When I run the game normally I see no such issues.

Sleep is off and wake timers are enabled just in case. I also disabled turning off monitors in the energy settings.

Tried setting up a short 3 minutes timer, locking the PC and waiting, in that case no issues happened.

I have to assume Windows disconnects displays or something similar after being locked for a while.

Is this right and is there a way to stop this? Might this be an unintended issue with Windows?

:)

LaszloCzine, Oct 31, 2019

2. Ads displayed in Lock Screen

Hi Subhadeep,

Windows Spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen.
    To turn off Windows Spotlight, go to Settings, clickPersonalization,
    select Lock screen, under Background select a different lock screen background.

To avoid messages on your lock screen, you can consider the following:

• Make sure that the "Get fun facts, etc" on your Settings is turned off.
    • Disable “suggestions” that appear as notifications. To do so, follow these steps go to
      Settings, then select System, then click
      Notifications & actions
      and turnoff “Show me the Windows welcome experience after updates and occasionally when I sign in to highlight what’s new and
      suggested”.
    • Disable “tips, tricks, and suggestions”. Head to Settings then select
      System, then click Notifications & Actions and disable the “Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows” option.

Don't hesitate to reply on this thread if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Oct 31, 2019
  3. Windows 10: How to disable lock screen to show login screen directly.

Hi Edward,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if lock screen feature is enabled on the computer.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• What is the edition of Windows 10 installed on the computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to disable the lock screen and check if it helps.

How to disable Lock screen on Windows 10 group policy:

If wanted to turn off lock screen pictures, then I suggest you to follow the steps below to turn off lock screen pictures through group policy editor.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Type "gpedit.msc" without the quotes in the run box and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Then follow the path below:

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Control Panel > Personalization

4. Now on the right side, Double click that
    Do not display the lock screen
    option.

5. Set the option as Enabled.

6. Click on Apply and then click on
    Ok.

7. Close Group policy editor and restart your computer.

Note: The above steps is applicable to Windows 10 pro version.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with disabling lock screen on the computer, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 31, 2019
  4. nsmth Win User

Windows seems to disable displays or renderers when locked

Windows 10: How to disable lock screen to show login screen directly.

That worked!

Thank you very much!

cs

my version does not allow gpedit.msc- please provide instructions on how to skip the lock screen and go to login for the rest of us. this is a very annoying step

nsmth, Oct 31, 2019
Thema:

Windows seems to disable displays or renderers when locked

1. Windows seems to disable displays or renderers when locked - Similar Threads - seems disable displays

2. User account is disabled when locking the computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User account is disabled when locking the computer: I have a lab with 10 VMs and 1 domain server. One of the virtual machines has its user account disabled every time I lock the computer or close the remote connection. All VMs have the same domain policy. Do you have any idea what might be happening?...
  3. Convert render-only display to full display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Convert render-only display to full display: In my Windows system, when I do DirectX Diagnostic, I have the full display device as intel UHD graphics and I have NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Laptop GPU as the rendering device but designated to be render only display device. How can I change NVIDIA to by the full display...
  4. Convert render-only display to full display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Convert render-only display to full display: In my Windows system, when I do DirectX Diagnostic, I have the full display device as intel UHD graphics and I have NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Laptop GPU as the rendering device but designated to be render only display device. How can I change NVIDIA to by the full display...
  5. Computer crashes when rendering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes when rendering: Not the first time this has happened but i honestly don't know what to do or where to even look to solve this problem. Here's what i found in event log - The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000003d 0xffff930cde177418, 0xffff968045ea8900,...
  6. Computer crashes when rendering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer crashes when rendering: Not the first time this has happened but i honestly don't know what to do or where to even look to solve this problem. Here's what i found in event log - The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000003d 0xffff930cde177418, 0xffff968045ea8900,...
  7. Why windows search not rendering display properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why windows search not rendering display properly: Every time I open my laptop a white background in the search box annoys me. Is there something wrong with windows 10?Laptop specs:AMD Ryzen 58BG RAMRADEON GRAPHICS500 SSDHUAWEI MATEBOOK D15...
  8. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when gaming / rendering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when gaming / rendering: Hi, recently my DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSODs, happens during gaming and this time when rendering a video in Vegas Pro too, I reinstalled Windows 10 and that didn't solve the issue, help would be much appreciated thanks! minidump here:...
  9. Windows partially empty/not rendered when startup position is outside of display borders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows partially empty/not rendered when startup position is outside of display borders: Hello, I am experiencing a problem with high DPI high Windows Zoom settings, more than 150%. Windows that are started outside of the visible area of the sceens don't get rendered fully. Here is a picture of the registry editor. Where you can see that my windows zoom level...
  10. Display seems stretched

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display seems stretched: Windows 10....ran a "cleaner repair software fix" yesterday and now everything on my display looks stretched. I have tried updating the drivers and changing the resolution under Display settings to no avail....