Windows 10: Windows seems to have put all my email account settings out of date

Discus and support Windows seems to have put all my email account settings out of date in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This morning when I tried to access my skymail email and two gmail accounts I got a message saying the account settings were out of date. I went... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Outofmydepthagain, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Windows seems to have put all my email account settings out of date

This morning when I tried to access my skymail email and two gmail accounts I got a message saying the account settings were out of date. I went through the fix my account thingy but then it said it couldn't do it and gave me an error code 0x80070003. I looked this up on the web and people seemed to be saying it was a windows 10 update that does this to computers. I hadn't tried to update anything. Can anyone sugget something, other than downloading 'fixes' that forums seem to offer, because I'm reluctant to download just anything from the web

:)

Outofmydepthagain, Dec 5, 2018
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Dec 5, 2018
  3. Bastet Win User
    Your email account settings are out of date

If this is with a MS, Apple or Gmail account you have two-step/two-factor verification on it? If so you'll need an app specific password for the email account.
    I had that error message on my iCloud email account in Win 10 mail app & this cured it for me.

Bastet, Dec 5, 2018
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Windows seems to have put all my email account settings out of date

Windows 10 - Email Account

Hi Graham,

Conflicts with the security certificate settings is one of the possible reasons why you are having an account settings out-of-date issues. I would suggest that you follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Choose Settings > Manage Accounts.
    • Choose the account that's out-of-date to display the account settings dialog.
    • Choose Change mailbox sync settings > Advanced mailbox settings. You may have to scroll down in the dialog to see
      Advanced mailbox settings.
    • Check the boxes for Require SSL for incoming email and
      Require SSL for outgoing email
      and then choose Done >
      Save

If the issue persists, you can follow the steps in this
    link
    to resolve out-of-date account settings issues.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows seems to have put all my email account settings out of date

1. Windows seems to have put all my email account settings out of date - Similar Threads - seems put email

2. Account seems to have an email attached that is not mine.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Account seems to have an email attached that is not mine.: Hi I seem to have an email attached to my microsoft account that is not mine. How do I remove it, especially since I cannot access certain features that require an password since the incorrect email shos in the dialog box?...
  3. Persistent "account settings are out-of-date" in Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Persistent "account settings are out-of-date" in Windows Mail: Hi there, I synced my university email account to Windows Mail. Everything seemed OK setting-wise and the entire syncing process went through. However, the account is never able to connect because there is a persistent error message that pops up saying "Your... account...
  4. my account is out of date

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my account is out of date: how do I fix an out of date account? not getting any new emails https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/my-account-is-out-of-date/d3b50b4f-3cf1-40ae-80c2-a900c117169b
  5. Account settings are out of date

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Account settings are out of date: Similar to others who have written on this topic, I am constantly informed that my email account settings are "out of date" and need to be reset. Within the past 20 minutes I have had to "fix account" on one email address three times! This is very annoying to say the least. I...
  6. account settings are out of date

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    account settings are out of date: How do I get rid of the notification I referenced in the subject line https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/account-settings-are-out-of-date/1fd0dece-c302-473e-bb92-cdf099e2920c
  7. Windows email app - "Account settings out of date"

in Browsers and Email
    Windows email app - "Account settings out of date": I had used this app for quite a while. I like seeing the pop-up notifications when emails arrive. Now I get notifications that my email account settings are out of date. Sometimes multiple times in a day. I will enter my email password only for it to come back minutes later....
  8. Your email account settings are out of date

in Browsers and Email
    Your email account settings are out of date: Every day i get this alert even after i do the "fix" Your email account setting are out of date." Danielle TYiA *Smile 61627
  9. Windows 10 Live Account Settings Out Of Date!

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Live Account Settings Out Of Date!: My Windows 10 Email and Calendar app tells me every day at the same time that my Live Account Settings are out of date! Every 24 hours exactly. I have to either go to settings and accounts and log in to my live account through there and then try to sync over and over or...
  10. Windows 10 Mail account settings out of date

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail account settings out of date: I have looked for a fix for this constant, annoying email problem. I continually get the 'your (email provider) account settings are out of date'. I have spent hours trying to find a fix, trying numerous things, working with my email provider (who is absolutely stumped) and...