Windows 10: WINDOWS SEEMS TO SELECT ITS OWN PROGRAM TO LOOK AFTER THE FIREWALL-WHY CANT THE USER MAKE...

Discus and support WINDOWS SEEMS TO SELECT ITS OWN PROGRAM TO LOOK AFTER THE FIREWALL-WHY CANT THE USER MAKE... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; WINDOWS SEEMS TO SELECT ITS OWN PROGRAM TO LOOK AFTER THE FIREWALL-WHY CANT THE USER MAKE THIS SELECTION?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KEITHVASS, Sep 22, 2019.

1. KEITHVASS Win User

WINDOWS SEEMS TO SELECT ITS OWN PROGRAM TO LOOK AFTER THE FIREWALL-WHY CANT THE USER MAKE...

WINDOWS SEEMS TO SELECT ITS OWN PROGRAM TO LOOK AFTER THE FIREWALL-WHY CANT THE USER MAKE THIS SELECTION?

:)

KEITHVASS, Sep 22, 2019
  2. 7MM
    7mm Win User

Which Firewall To Select...?

Hi There, I'm In a Confusion of Selecting Firewall. First Take a Look At My Setup...

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+
    ASUS M2NPV-MX (With nVidia GeForce 6150 Chipset)
    1GB + 512MB RAM

This Board Here, Comes With nVidia Active Armor Firewall, Which Installs It Self While Initial Setup. Never Heard of It So, I'd Like To Ask a Help For Suggesting a Firewall For My PC, Should I Go With nVidia Active Armor OR Some Popular Choices Like PC-Tools, Comodo & ZoneAlarm. Please Help!

3. Best free AV and firewall

Can Windows Firewall block outgoing connections yet? If not, it's one step above useless.

Look into Online Armor for a free firewall.

Deusxmachina, Sep 22, 2019
  4. WINDOWS SEEMS TO SELECT ITS OWN PROGRAM TO LOOK AFTER THE FIREWALL-WHY CANT THE USER MAKE...

FIREWALL IS BLOCKING CERTAIN PROGRAMS

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

One of the most common problems when using a network firewall is that it sometimes blocks network traffic that you want to allow.

Please follow the below step to troubleshoot with the issue:

• Open the “Control Panel“.
    • Select “System and Security.
    • In the Windows Firewall section, select “Allow a program through Windows Firewall“.
    • Unchecking the box to the left of the application name disallows it from accessing network resources, while checking it allows access.
    • If the program you wish to block or unblock is not listed, you can click the “Allow another program…” button to add it. Choose the application in the list and select “Add“. If the program is not in this list, use the “Browse…
      button to select the program file manually.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please post in case you have any further issues, I will be glad to help you further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Sep 22, 2019
Thema:

WINDOWS SEEMS TO SELECT ITS OWN PROGRAM TO LOOK AFTER THE FIREWALL-WHY CANT THE USER MAKE...

1. WINDOWS SEEMS TO SELECT ITS OWN PROGRAM TO LOOK AFTER THE FIREWALL-WHY CANT THE USER MAKE... - Similar Threads - SEEMS SELECT OWN

2. My PC Seems to randomly restart/shutdown on its own at times. Looked up on reliability...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC Seems to randomly restart/shutdown on its own at times. Looked up on reliability...: As shown below.It seems that its telling me a certain USB 3.0 port is making my PC crash into a critical error message. How can I diagnose & fix this?Same goes for my GPU > Apparently seeing the Ampere as the problem. GPU1. I have upgraded my drivers up to date by BOTH...
  3. My PC Seems to randomly restart/shutdown on its own at times. Looked up on reliability...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC Seems to randomly restart/shutdown on its own at times. Looked up on reliability...: As shown below.It seems that its telling me a certain USB 3.0 port is making my PC crash into a critical error message. How can I diagnose & fix this?Same goes for my GPU > Apparently seeing the Ampere as the problem. GPU1. I have upgraded my drivers up to date by BOTH...
  4. My PC Seems to randomly restart/shutdown on its own at times. Looked up on reliability...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. User Profile Switched on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Profile Switched on its own: I recently signed on to my Dell All in One PC and noticed that my wallpaper and desktop were no longer what they were before. After more searching I saw that all the user folders Pictures, Documents, etc were all empty as if this were a new account. So i checked the C://Users...
  6. User Profile Switched on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User Profile Switched on its own: I recently signed on to my Dell All in One PC and noticed that my wallpaper and desktop were no longer what they were before. After more searching I saw that all the user folders Pictures, Documents, etc were all empty as if this were a new account. So i checked the C://Users...
  7. User Profile Switched on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. pointer changes shape to zipper looking on its own

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    pointer changes shape to zipper looking on its own: I have this problem. I looked up on google and I have not seen any updates since 2017. I have a fully updated Windows 10. It has been a problem for a while. How do I fix. It seems to be a software problem. Please help, it is very annoying....
  9. MSFT STARTS TO MAKE ITS OWN CHIPS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MSFT STARTS TO MAKE ITS OWN CHIPS: I DONT RECOMMEND THIS, and MY PILOTS WILL BOMB SEATLLE STICK WITH THE 1990 Alliance, or you are Fired David Scotty you are up next https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msft-starts-to-make-its-own-chips/6c9dff61-06b1-437e-9dc8-53d2f5cd3186"
  10. Looking For A Firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Looking For A Firewall: Im looking for a paid/free firewall that you can block all network activity from the taskbar. Anyone know of any? 119293