Windows 10: Windows sees but won't use freshly installed RAM

Discus and support Windows sees but won't use freshly installed RAM in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello all, I have a very nagging problem on a computer I use for production. I recently installed an extra 16 GB of RAM but Windows refuses to use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by patriotbarrow, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Windows sees but won't use freshly installed RAM

Hello all,

I have a very nagging problem on a computer I use for production. I recently installed an extra 16 GB of RAM but Windows refuses to use them. It *recognizes* the extra amount but will not allocate it for use.

Have looked around the internet for a solution but couldn't find any.

The RAM is brand new and properly seated. BIOS recognizes it. BIOS is up-to-date. I have a discrete graphics card (no shared memory). I am running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. Tried the msconfig>boot>advanced options>maximum memory trick, it didn't work. Tried a hard reset. Nothing worked.

Help?

Windows sees but won't use freshly installed RAM 15459ff4-1d86-434f-9d15-d9a9a64c2726?upload=true.jpg

:)

patriotbarrow, Mar 26, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 26, 2019
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

4. Windows sees but won't use freshly installed RAM

update Ovi Store install stil won`t work

thanks for your reaction,phone won`t install the ovi-store

johnnyloco---01, Mar 26, 2019
Thema:

Windows sees but won't use freshly installed RAM

1. Windows sees but won't use freshly installed RAM - Similar Threads - sees won't freshly

2. Installed New Ram, Windows doesn't see it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installed New Ram, Windows doesn't see it: Hi, I just installed a new bank of 16GB DDR4 2400hz RAM, but windows doesn't see it.I tried to buy it same speed as the original one, and funny enough Passmark Performance Test sees it installed.PictureWhat did I do wrong? is it a broken bank?Thanks...
  3. Installed New Ram, Windows doesn't see it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installed New Ram, Windows doesn't see it: Hi, I just installed a new bank of 16GB DDR4 2400hz RAM, but windows doesn't see it.I tried to buy it same speed as the original one, and funny enough Passmark Performance Test sees it installed.PictureWhat did I do wrong? is it a broken bank?Thanks...
  4. Installed New Ram, Windows doesn't see it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Fresh Windows 10 install High RAM Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fresh Windows 10 install High RAM Usage: So a month ago I got a new fresh ASUS Zenbook with fresh Windows 10. Just FYI laptop has an 8GB of RAM.From the first day of use I noticed that after laptop's startup for no reason half of the RAM is always in use, which 4GB of memory. Then updated to to Windows 11, as it was...
  6. Fresh Windows 10 install High RAM Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fresh Windows 10 install High RAM Usage: So a month ago I got a new fresh ASUS Zenbook with fresh Windows 10. Just FYI laptop has an 8GB of RAM.From the first day of use I noticed that after laptop's startup for no reason half of the RAM is always in use, which 4GB of memory. Then updated to to Windows 11, as it was...
  7. Fresh Windows 10 install High RAM Usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 Won't use more than 50% of installed RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Won't use more than 50% of installed RAM: I have 16GB of RAM installed on my PC , and Windows 10 knows that;But when I try to run tons of programs Windows only uses 8GB max:Is there a fix for this issue?btw PheonixMiner.exe isn't a virus my dad mines crypto on my PC...
  9. Windows 10 is not Using installed RAM

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 is not Using installed RAM: Guys ! yesterday I faced this problem. I had installed 4GB of RAM and my computer showed 2.64 GB usable [img] And I found found videos and they told that msconfig will solve this problem. But for me msconfig had not worked So I just tried this method I went...
  10. Windows 10 won't boot - fresh install

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 won't boot - fresh install: Hello, On Sunday, I reinstalled Windows 10 Pro on my Dell Precision T5810 (1Tb SSD main disk and 1Tb HDD secondary disk). I had some problems afterwards, as it sometimes said it couldn't find a partition table. After a while, this seemed to settle down, and I was able to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. freshly installed windows corrupted