Windows 10: Windows selects multiple folders on selecting single folder

Discus and support Windows selects multiple folders on selecting single folder in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows selects multiple files/folders when tapping a single file/folder and when I try to open that file ,windows explorer opens all the files in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Shiva_757, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Shiva_757 Win User

Windows selects multiple folders on selecting single folder

Windows selects multiple files/folders when tapping a single file/folder and when I try to open that file ,windows explorer opens all the files in multiple windows....and it's very annoying.. can't do anything with the laptop and some issues with the keyboard occurs when this problem arises...like capital letters appear when caps lock is off and numeric keys type shift characters...

:)

Shiva_757, Jun 28, 2020

2. Can't select multiple files in windows 10

Hello Any Helpers,

I tried all the steps still there is no changes. i am unable to select the folders even single or multiple. please help me to fix this issue ASAP.

Thanks

Manikandan Thiyagarajan, Jun 28, 2020
  3. Removing Windows.old folder

I recently had to reinstall my OS (don't ask). Once I did there were files that I couldn't delete. Basically SecuROM files. Anyway long story short I found this workaround that I wanted to share with my fellow newbs. This will work for any file and works like a charm. Just follow the directions. *Toast :toast:
    Note: there is no space between "Administrators: (F)" I just had to but one in because it kept giving me an "unhappy face"

When installing Windows Vista, Windows stores any existing installation of Windows on the install partition inside a hidden folder called windows.old. This folder could take up a large amount of disk space.

Note: Please check the contents of the windows.old folder before deleting it to make sure there are no files stored there that you may wish to keep.

Deleting the window.old folder using the disk cleanup wizard
    Click start
    Type: disk cleanup
    Press enter
    Select "Files from all users on this computer"
    Follow the rest of the instructions listed on the wizard and select the option to delete the windows.old folder
    Deleting the windows.old folder manually
    1) Open an elevated command prompt

Click start
    Type: cmd
    right-click it under programs
    click Run As Administrator
    2) Take ownership

Change the directory to the windows.old folder (e.g. cd c:\windows.old)
    Type: takeown /F . /A /R /D Y > NUL
    3) grant yourself permission

Type: icacls . /grant:r Administrators: (F) /T /L /Q
    4) Delete everything

Make sure you close any explorer or command windows that are looking at or inside the windows.old folder (except for the command window you are using). If you don't, you will receive an error while performing this step.

Type: cd ..
    Type: rmdir /S /Q windows.old

TheMailMan78, Jun 28, 2020
  4. Ratbaty Win User

Windows 10 Mail App - How to select folders

It’s very difficult to figure out what is going on with folders in the Windows 10 Mail app.

I have just setup 3 different email accounts in the App. Each has its own selection of folders. If you click to few the folders you get a single list of folders which is a merge of all the folders from all the different accounts. There are 3 different
    folders listed that are called Pension, for example. As far as I can see:

• No way of tell which account each folder comes from.
    • No way to say only show me the folders from one account.
    • No way to specify which account as email goes to when you are filling it.

Am I missing something? Or is this App pretty much unusable is you like to use sub-folders on multiple accounts?

Ratbaty, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows selects multiple folders on selecting single folder - Similar Threads - selects multiple folders

2. Selecting Multiple Files in the Same Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Selecting Multiple Files in the Same Folder: I have a folder containing 5 PDF files, named 01, 02, 03, 04, 05. They are shown in numerical order I have the view sort by file name.When I double click one file, it opens Adobe reader, like it should.If I click the first file then shift+click the second file, right click...
  3. Selecting Multiple Files in the Same Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Selecting Multiple Files in the Same Folder: I have a folder containing 5 PDF files, named 01, 02, 03, 04, 05. They are shown in numerical order I have the view sort by file name.When I double click one file, it opens Adobe reader, like it should.If I click the first file then shift+click the second file, right click...
  4. Selecting Multiple Files in the Same Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to select file/ folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to select file/ folder: From today , when ever I select a file or folder , "Do you want to move this file / folder to recycle bin ?" is asked .instead of allowing me to proceed furth* Moved from Community Center...
  6. Auto folder selection

Auto folder selection: I recently connected my Microsoft account to my new computer, then somehow OneDrive decided to sync these three folders Desktop/Documents/Pictures, the problem is I already have two folders labeled Documents and Pictures, and the stupid application messed up my files by...
  7. Select folders for Media Stream

Select folders for Media Stream: Hello guys, I'm sharing media from a second drive and it's perfectly working. I'm trying to understand if it's possible to show only "Videos" folder instead of all: "Pictures, Music and Recorded TV". I've looked every possible option but I can't figure out how to do it....
  8. Apply folder optimization template to multiple selected folders DOES NOT WORK.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apply folder optimization template to multiple selected folders DOES NOT WORK.: Title. When I do it on a single folder it works, when I select multiple folders and try the same thing, nothing happens. submitted by /u/TeaCrab131 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e4ktny/apply_folder_optimization_template_to_multiple/
  9. Unable to select multiple files/folders on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to select multiple files/folders on Windows 10: Dear All, I have been trying to do multiple selection of files with my windows 10 tablet in touch mode (without mouse and without keyboard) in the MS file explorer. The files are pictures, which I watch in view "extra large icons" to be sure I select the correct ones....
  10. Sort files in selected folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Sort files in selected folders: Hi, i sort files by opening the folder then right click sort by name(descending) is there a way when i select several folders to sort the files in each folder by name(descending) in one click? 81188