Windows 10: Windows Self Deactivating?

Discus and support Windows Self Deactivating? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a Dell XPS 8930 [email protected] running the 2004 version of Windows 10 Pro ver. 19041.508. This machine has been running flawlessly for 23... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by schmieg, Sep 17, 2020.

1. schmieg Win User

Windows Self Deactivating?

I have a Dell XPS 8930 [email protected] running the 2004 version of Windows 10 Pro ver. 19041.508. This machine has been running flawlessly for 23 months when suddenly at the beginning of September I began receiving notices that Windows was not activated. I used the Troubleshooter which would then tell me it was activated, but the problem continued. I have been on the phone with Microsoft Support for several hours on two phone calls, but neither resulted in any improvement. They used new Product Keys which did not help and checked my settings numerous times. Both times they said it was fixed, but several hours later the report showed up again.

Interestingly enough, I went to Control Panel - System and it says that Windows 10 Pro is activated, but Settings - Update and Security - Activation says that it is not. My Microsoft Account does not indicate any problems. I am getting tempted to just ignore this to see what happens, but I fear possible consequences.

I have run SFC /scannow, but it found no errors in the system files. I did find a corrupted file in Novaback's O&O Diskimage, but correcting that did not solve the problem. There have been no hardware changes to the computer.

Does anyone have any ideas on this? Thanks.

:)

schmieg, Sep 17, 2020

2. Windows 10 self deactivated

I just swapped to new hardware and I used my old hardrive and just reformatted it. My windows for some reason decided to deactivate it's self. I've tried all the options available on my pc and nothing is working. Anyone have any advice on doing something
    for this or am I better off getting a cracked version of window? I'm not paying for a new version again.

NathanialJones, Sep 17, 2020
  3. Vijay B Win User
    Windows 10 Deactivated it's self

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I would suggest you to try the following steps.

1. Right Click on Start icon, then click
    Run (Administrator)
    , then type: slui.exe 4

2. Next press the 'ENTER' key

3. Select your 'Country' from the list.

4. Choose the 'Phone Activation' option.

5. Stay on the phone (do not select/press any options) and wait for a person to help you with activation.

6. Explain your problem clearly to the support person.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Vijay B, Sep 17, 2020
  4. Windows Self Deactivating?

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows Self Deactivating?

1. Windows Self Deactivating? - Similar Threads - Self Deactivating

2. Just installed GTA 5 on PC once loading it will start to freeze and the PC will restart it self

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just installed GTA 5 on PC once loading it will start to freeze and the PC will restart it self: Just installed GTA 5 on PC once loading it will start to freeze and the PC will restart it self https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/just-installed-gta-5-on-pc-once-loading-it-will/5008bbf1-35d4-4282-8ae3-051eb6f83cf6
  3. Just installed GTA 5 on PC once loading it will start to freeze and the PC will restart it self

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Just installed GTA 5 on PC once loading it will start to freeze and the PC will restart it self: Just installed GTA 5 on PC once loading it will start to freeze and the PC will restart it self https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/just-installed-gta-5-on-pc-once-loading-it-will/5008bbf1-35d4-4282-8ae3-051eb6f83cf6
  4. I dissconected my laptops keyboard from the laptop its self, need help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I dissconected my laptops keyboard from the laptop its self, need help: Basically I was fixing a connection issue a liitle while back and while in the devices area in settings I disconnected the laptops keyboard by accident and dont know how to reconnect. I dont know what to do to connect it again....
  5. I dissconected my laptops keyboard from the laptop its self, need help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I dissconected my laptops keyboard from the laptop its self, need help: Basically I was fixing a connection issue a liitle while back and while in the devices area in settings I disconnected the laptops keyboard by accident and dont know how to reconnect. I dont know what to do to connect it again....
  6. I dissconected my laptops keyboard from the laptop its self, need help

7. Lots of DeviceSetupManager error in event viewer windows 11, new self built computer and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lots of DeviceSetupManager error in event viewer windows 11, new self built computer and...: I have recently built my own computer 4070 super, 15 14600kf, ddr4 3600mz, strix b760a d4 and i had issues making it work, but was able to make it work great with all features. Recently, i downloaded Red dead Redemption 2 for a fun time playing, but have had issues with my...
  8. Lots of DeviceSetupManager error in event viewer windows 11, new self built computer and...

Lots of DeviceSetupManager error in event viewer windows 11, new self built computer and...: I have recently built my own computer 4070 super, 15 14600kf, ddr4 3600mz, strix b760a d4 and i had issues making it work, but was able to make it work great with all features. Recently, i downloaded Red dead Redemption 2 for a fun time playing, but have had issues with my...
  9. Windows deactivated its self after I swapped my ssd to a computer it was previously...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows deactivated its self after I swapped my ssd to a computer it was previously...: I swapped my m.2 OS drive from my current desktop to an older system that my windows account I own a genuine copy of windows 10 home bought from the Microsoft store was previously activated on for testing as it is being repurposed. Now that I've put it back in my current...
  10. Windows 10 pro self deactivated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 pro self deactivated: Windows deactivated itself and I noticed via the watermark. The error it gives me is 0x80070002 and that something is interrupting the troubleshooting. I talked with a customer support person and he validated my product key but couldn't help and that I'd have to get windows...