Windows 10: Windows Sensitivity over Regedit change value/data.

Discus and support Windows Sensitivity over Regedit change value/data. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hallo, Is the decimal value true or false? Does it apply? Thank you very much https://imgur.com/EQVWfGx... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by gabuber, Aug 28, 2020.

1. gabuber Win User

Windows Sensitivity over Regedit change value/data.

Hallo,

Is the decimal value true or false? Does it apply? Thank you very much

https://imgur.com/EQVWfGx

:)

gabuber, Aug 28, 2020

2. Regedit Values

Hey AlindApoorva!

You can view the name and contents of any Windows registry by:

• Opening Windows Run (Windows key + R)
    • Typing "regedit" into it and pressing enter.
    • The sidebar will contain a list of practically every registry available in Windows. You can browse this directory, and then double-click the registries that appear in the main pane to view and edit their values.

Nat Riddle, Aug 28, 2020
  3. iamTin Win User
    How to fix/restore regedit to default?

Hello. I need help how to restore regedit back to its default settings.

I didn't know registry editor is very sensitive that a small change can have huge impact on my computer's functionality.

So here's what happened, I was trying to fix a different issue (can't run a specific .exe file) when I bumped into one of the suggested fix (making some small change in regedit)

So I was trying to follow step from: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/2688326/can-t-open-exe-files-in-windows-7-or-windows-vista

[*]Click the Startbutton and type regedit in the Search box
    [*]Right-click Regedit.exe in the returned list and click Run as administrator
    [*]Browse to the following registry key:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe

[*]With .exe selected, right-click (Default) and click Modify…
    [*]Change the Value data: to exefile
    [*]Browse to and then click on the following registry key:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile

[*]With exefileselected, right-click (Default) and click Modify…
    [*]Change the Value data: to "%1" %* (THIS IS WHERE I MADE A MISTAKE)
    [*]Browse to and then click on the following registry key:

KEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\open

[*]With openselected, right-click (Default) and click Modify…
    [*]Change the Value data: to "%1" %*
    [*]Close the Registry Editor and restart your PC

Now, I can't open regedit.exe or any .exe files.

I'm getting the error: Windows can't opent this file

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

iamTin, Aug 28, 2020
  4. Windows Sensitivity over Regedit change value/data.

Can't change value for Diagnostic and usage data

We would like to know more about this concern, kindly answer the following:

• May we know the build of the computer?
    • Any changes on the computer prior to this concern?
    • Aside from the suggested troubleshooting steps on this thread, what troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We will be waiting for your response.

Desiree Yau, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows Sensitivity over Regedit change value/data.

1. Windows Sensitivity over Regedit change value/data. - Similar Threads - Sensitivity Regedit change

2. Unable to delete all specified values in REGEDIT

in Windows 10 News
    Unable to delete all specified values in REGEDIT: [IMG]This guide shows you how to fix the Error deleting Values, Unable to delete all specified values error message while deleting a key using Registry Editor. Why can’t I delete a key from Registry Editor? If you cannot delete a key in Registry Editor, you likely don’t have...
  3. Can't change value for Diagnostic and usage data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't change value for Diagnostic and usage data: Hi! I discovered I'm not picking up Microsoft Reward Points since my Privacy settings were incorrect. I went to 'Diagnostic and usage data' and found it was set to 'Basic'. Unfortunately, the field is greyed out, and I am unable to change it to another option. Does anyone...
  4. Restore regedit value for exe.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restore regedit value for exe.: I accidentally changed tge default value for exe under regedit. This turns all the programmes and applications into exe file and makes me unable to open all the applications directly. How can i restore the default value so that I can open the applications as the default way?...
  5. Cannot change the start value data in Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot change the start value data in Registry Editor: So, I bought my pc a few weeks ago and I recently realized windows isn't updating itself. I looked up in services and found "wuauserv" to disabled. I tried to start the Windows Update Service from there but it stops itself after starting. Then, I ran Registry Editor as...
  6. How to change the Value data to 0 on a user profile.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to change the Value data to 0 on a user profile.: I am trying to check user Value data to determine if my user profile has a corrupt profile. I tried to follow the steps I found in another question/answer and found it to be for Windows 7 not for Windows 10. All the step options could not be found. I can log on but when...
  7. mouse regedit default values

mouse regedit default values: someone can yo send me a photo of values default- Equipo\HKEY_USERS.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Mouse and Equipo\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse regedit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-regedit-default-values/11104264-a42d-49d9-ac57-9bdb954584e6
  8. Deleted value from regedit

Deleted value from regedit: Hello, I had a problem with automatically closing command prompt. I found solution of deleting AutoRun value from \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor. Unfortunatelly that destroyed my system. Only cmd were available after starting the system. Now I added...
  9. storing sensitive data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    storing sensitive data: How is it best to store confidential data that you would need access to on a daily basis? The data needs to be shared across systems. Is google drive secure enough?
  10. regedit changes

in Windows 10 Support
    regedit changes: Made a change in HKLM, so that my numloc keys worked on start-up, previous version. Upgraded via update to 10166, Be advised for this change to become effective had to restart comp again. I know its SOP for reg changes but, on an upgrade. SO if you've made any changes...