Windows 10: Windows Serial Key

Discus and support Windows Serial Key in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How can I obtain the Windows Serial Key on a computer that is in the process of a Windows 10 recovery?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WarrenStoeckel, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Windows Serial Key

How can I obtain the Windows Serial Key on a computer that is in the process of a Windows 10 recovery?

:)

WarrenStoeckel, Mar 1, 2021

2. Windows 10 serial on OEM

So I'll summarize steps made...

1. Saved serial number (taken with Belarc Advisory) from preinstalled (half chinese language) Windows 8.1 (don't know exactly the version, suspect Windows 8.1 with bing) on tablet
    2. Formatted tablet
    3. Tried to make a clean Windows 10 (HOME, HOME N and also PRO, everytime with the same result) install with ISO taken with MediaCreationTool, during install (and also after completing installation) it says that the saved serial is not valid
    4. Tried to reinstall Windows 8.1 (ISO taken with MediaCreationTool again) HOME, it says that the serial is not valid

So i suspect that the saved serial, is from a WINDOWS 8.1 WITH BING OEM version and this kind of ISO is not accessible/downloadable anywhere (at least I can't find it, any suggestion?)

Still not tried SHOWKEY with that serial, I am in office now, and the serial is saved on a usb pen at home, will try this evening.

So I'm stucked but if everything is like I suspect, it's incredible. If I have a tablet/notebook/netbook with Windows 8 preinstalled, it seems that I can update to Windows 10 without problems, but if I want to make a clean Windows 10 install that serial is not valid...

CapitanCatarro, Mar 1, 2021
  3. Need help finding OS license key

you can do a couple things.. Hope this helps..

Mindweaver, Mar 1, 2021
  4. Windows Serial Key

Windows 2000 Serial Key

Hi guys,

I have an old pruduction machine which is using an old software only supported by windows 2000 OS.

we reinstalled it and realized we don't have the serial key anymore so we cannot contact it.

Windows support suggested me to post here.

long story short:

Does anybody have an old Windows 2000 serial key I can use, or can refer me to a post/person who does?

my deepest regards.

Asaf

asafrozenfeld, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

Windows Serial Key

1. Windows Serial Key - Similar Threads - Serial Key

2. Where is Office 2019 serial key?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Where is Office 2019 serial key?: A lot of sites in the internet say that Office 2019 serial key is in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\DefaultProductKey", but that´s not the Office 2019 key. Where is Office 2019 serial key?...
  3. Changing computer with windows 10 home fpp serial key with pro upgrade from microsoft store.

Changing computer with windows 10 home fpp serial key with pro upgrade from microsoft store.: Hello, I have one query. I bought a windows 10 home fpp serial key. And I want to upgrade windows 10 pro. As I checked, I can upgrade from microsoft store. But I wonder if I change computer, what about my serial key? case 1. My serial key was windows 10 home fpp key,...
  4. WIndows Activation I do not know wich version my key serial number is for

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIndows Activation I do not know wich version my key serial number is for: some years ago I bought Parallels Desktop 13 to run windows on my Mac. I have not used it in years. Installed it today on a new mac and windows 10 was automatically installed as well. the problem I am having is that the serial number I have is not being accepted by Windows...
  5. To get window key from serial number of laptop

To get window key from serial number of laptop: I have changed hard disk. And installed window 10 pro. But i don't have key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/to-get-window-key-from-serial-number-of-laptop/e7e8ef60-45dc-468c-9d07-65ced8c3153f
  6. Use a Serial Number to get a Product Key for Windows 10 Pro

Use a Serial Number to get a Product Key for Windows 10 Pro: My computer was rendered inoperable due to lightning strike. Bought a new PC- and want to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro. Cannot access product key due to dead computer, but I do have the serial number. How can I use Serial Number to get Product Key?...
  7. Can I use my serial number for Windows to retrieve the Product Key

Can I use my serial number for Windows to retrieve the Product Key: I bought a new lap top which had Windows 10 home. I changed to an SSD Hard drive and got Windows 10 Pro installed on it. I previously had two Surface Pro 3 from Microsoft which got damaged and had windows Pro on them. One of the damaged Surfaces does not boot and the other...
  8. Windows 10 Serial Key - New Install - Covid-19 Home Project

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Serial Key - New Install - Covid-19 Home Project: Dear Helpers I am preparing to install Windows 10 to a new hard drive. I want to install a clean version of windows but don't want to get a new serial as the old HD will be used as a storage device. My version of windows has been freely upgraded a few times. I made my own...
  9. Windows Product ID and Serial Key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Product ID and Serial Key: Hello y'all, I am a doofus. Now, that I've got that out of the way, I'll jump right into it. I got a laptop 2 years ago from Amazon and was mighty pissed at its speed. After booting, if I had to open Chrome or MS Excel, it easily took 4 to 5 minutes to do that. So, I did...
  10. Finding Serial Key for ReInstalling Windows 10 Pro (updated from Win 7 Pro originally)

Finding Serial Key for ReInstalling Windows 10 Pro (updated from Win 7 Pro originally): Hello, I have been facing the issue of BSOD with Stop code error stating Bad System Config Info https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-is-not-booting-bad-system-config/8cbaf277-e2d0-4585-8028-22298051182c The only option seems to be...